Idea: Tanoa Hearts and Minds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: Tanoa Hearts and Minds

I was sitting in the truck at work and I had a thought about how I haven't played Tanoa (well... Arma in general, but specifically Tanoa) in a long time. And I thought: how cool would it be to play a slightly modified version of H&M on Tanoa. Here's my thoughts
    • Campsites instead of caches.
      • Because Tanoa is mostly jungle, campsites randomly spawned in the jungle would make more sense.
      • Campsites could be patrolled but because of the FLIR/UAV technology the number of mines on the perimeter would likely need a boost to give players something to think about(I have precise thoughts on how this would work if anyone asks) (essentially a 3x3 grid where the center is the camp, and the perimeter squares are randomly selected between mines and patrols. You didn't ask but there it is anyway.)
    • Tripwires and mines instead of IEDs.
      • Because it's a jungle
    • Theater settings
      • It would be great to have a mission option to switch/limit the mission between "modern era" and "Vietnam era" weapons, gear and OPFOR units.
    • Civilian adjustments:
      • because the number of cities is smaller, the cooperation of civilians should be greatly increased/decreased based on BLUFOR activities.
      • Perhaps add random chances of OPFOR doing things that lose reputation with civilians (although that might be too much stuff).

Anyway, thoughts? concerns? what's the possibility of something like this happening at all?
    [must find old banner on my machine now, filehost disbanded my old file... "dissatisfied-with-photobucket.jpoo"]

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

So I don't think we can change the IEDs to trip mines etc.

I'm all for more maps

The Vietnam stuff is a whole different mod set (unsung)
    Brothers in Arms

TG Arma Pathfinder

Comment

I'm sure the IEDs are a separate script. But wouldn't a simple spawning mechanic work just as well for mine placement? (I know very little about mission development)
      [must find old banner on my machine now, filehost disbanded my old file... "dissatisfied-with-photobucket.jpoo"]

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

This sounds like a fun thing to play. Also sounds like about a month worth of development. Maybe a bit ambitious but Tanoa is such a great terrain indeed!
        |TG189| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Admin
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "Tactics in action can not exist if there is no action." - Scout

Comment

There is a Tanoa version available from the same creator, and porting is not as difficult as i would have imagined. I got a basic Lythium version running in a few hours (most of which spent trying to remember how to use the arma editor). I imagine if we ported the final version of our Altis H&M we could place it on any map we wanted and most of the scripts would hold together. The only real work is base set up and placing it not in an a city or point of interest as they will spawn EI and civilians in the base (and AR-6 drones with mortar shells ).

Now if you excuse me i'm going to go figure out how to convert the playable forces to Russian and create a new scenario where the Russians are trying to win the H&M of Lythium in the power vacuum left by NATO forces leaving Afghanistan. Ak's for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by B_Wilco View Post
            There is a Tanoa version available from the same creator, and porting is not as difficult as i would have imagined. I got a basic Lythium version running in a few hours (most of which spent trying to remember how to use the arma editor). I imagine if we ported the final version of our Altis H&M we could place it on any map we wanted and most of the scripts would hold together. The only real work is base set up and placing it not in an a city or point of interest as they will spawn EI and civilians in the base (and AR-6 drones with mortar shells ).

Now if you excuse me i'm going to go figure out how to convert the playable forces to Russian and create a new scenario where the Russians are trying to win the H&M of Lythium in the power vacuum left by NATO forces leaving Afghanistan. Ak's for everyone!
            Um........already almost done ;)
            |TG189| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Admin
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "Tactics in action can not exist if there is no action." - Scout

Comment

Originally posted by B_Wilco View Post

Sounds like fun! I used to have an H&M scenario on Tanoa where the players were UN with blue helmets and vests, and white vehicles. G3's and M21s, all sorts of dated western weapons. I thought it was a great change of pace from the M4, M4, M4, M249 routine.

Comment

Nice, looks like Unkl is already working on the Tanoa Version? did I understand right?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X