No announcement yet.

Guide for basic ACE medical treatment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide for basic ACE medical treatment.

I've been hearing and seeing a lot of confusion and unnecessary casualties and deaths since we started using the ACE medical system, which I love, So I've been working on something of a guide.

Step 1, stop bleeding.
    Step 2, blood bag.
    Step 3, morphine.
    Step 4, administer epinephrine.

If multiple medics or aid men are available it is possible to administer multiple blood bags at once, though it is limited to one bag per limb. This means that a patient can potentially receive up to 4000ml of blood at once.This will be most useful only in extreme circumstances, such as direct exposure to heavy weapons fire, explosions, or other extreme trauma that leads to massive blood loss.

In the event of a mass casualty event, stop bleeding to TEMPORARILY stabilize. Then blood bag, since this takes awhile you can work on 2-3 patients at once in this stage, once blood is full administer morphine. Once a patient shows as not having lost blood, and does not show being in pain you may administer an epinephrine shot.

In the event that a medic is not present or medical supplies are limited or depleted a casualty may be evacuated from the combat area to be treated. To ensure survival of the casualty you can perform CPR to extend their life. The amount of time that this extends the time before death is not entirely clear, and we have been unable to fully test this. But if CPR is administered continuously, one right after the next, it will help extend the time before bleedout/death if the patient is stable. CPR can also be used in any context where a patient must be kept alive for an extended period while waiting for medical assistance or revival.

Administering epinephrine to a downed patient and having them pass out again removes a "life" if your patient passes out twice they will die. Each player has 3 "lives" each time they go down, the first removed when they initially go down, and the remaining two each time they pass out with the removal of the third and final life killing them instantly.
    Last edited by splatteredRed; 09-24-2018, 02:07 AM. Reason: Updated with additional information.

Awesome how to dude! I'm sure many riflemen will thank you as well lol
    |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
    TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Yeah, biggest things we've been seeing is that CPR does not delay bleed out in basic, and there's a minor bug with the medical menu that does not update amount of blood lost. It will say lost a lot of blood even if you're only a few milliliters short of full health.

Comment

Curious, why if not out of mercy would you not do epi last?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

|TG189| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Admin
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "Tactics in action can not exist if there is no action." - Scout

Comment

Unkl Thats how we use to do it. I was under the same impression to use epi at the very end to wake them up. Apparently using epi to wake them even for a second resets their timer.
          |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
          TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Generally we have several minutes before the timer gets that far. I would stop the bleeding, and get atleast a bag of blood in them before the epi. I think the default bleed-out timer is like 600 seconds on the first down. I'm still dubious about the multiple epi thing, but documentation on Basic ACE medical is minimal and most questions are answered with "run advanced turned way down to basic levels". what you do fine just says that CPR resets the timer, but that it's also glitched so it doesn't...

Also EPI is out of the system in about 60 seconds so doing it before the first bag wastes it.

Comment

I have seen some of the medics killing the patient. I heard not to give epi multiple times... I went ot source and read that the basic medical ace system according to their website which does not say epi them up right away. There was one mass cas situation where I killed every single patient I was working on... Since then I have stopped messing with patients that much and just bandage them up and wait for the medics.... LOL

Comment

The biggest thing I have learned form the is thread is to ensure Hedgehog takes any slot other than a medic. Also, and from my experience, stop bleeding, fill them back with what leaked out, then provide the EPI. I have noticed, and it has only been recently, that if you are in the CAS medical menu and you provide blood, it will show the blood liter amount being a administer and then it will show you a kind of count down from, say 1000ml, to 900, 800,500, etc. I usually administer blood until it does not show 'so and so has lost alot of blood'.

Comment

The reason I prefer to give the Epi immediately is because medical treatment takes time, and it's very rare that you know exactly how long a casualty has been down. Giving the Epi as soon as bleeding is stopped is meant to give the medic as much time as possible to administer blood bags which is the most time consuming part of the process. Doing it this way usually results in the casualty "waking up" as soon as they reach a workable level of health, reducing the severity of the medical situation since the casualty can move to cover and treat themselves.

Comment

That reminds me. Don't stack blood. let it drain before adding more. I remember a few weeks ago, someone dumped like 12L of blood into me and like 10 for another guy. They wiped the entire teams blood supply on 2 people. We had to call off the task because we were dry on medical and unable to revive.

but giving an Epi to an IED victim or to someone who has been bleeding for a long time generally won't have any meaningful effect. not even the timer resets which btw gets shorter every time someone gets knocked unconscious until the eventually die instantly. Which now that i think about it is the "overdose" that we see. They don't die because they got too many. They die because they woke up and passed out again consuming another life.. let me find that

2.1.3 Additional informations

• If the revive system is in place your character will not die until the revive timer is at 0. Even if a tank shoots your ass off an epinephrine shot will bring you back up after your wounds are treated. (The timer is invisible and may vary from mission to mission, it also depends on the amount of lives remaining you have.)
                    • You canít do an overdose in basic.
                    2.1.4 Revive (Basic Medical)

For the following procedure to work revive need to be enabled.
                    • A unit in the revive state will be unconscious and will stay unconscious until it is either woken up or the revive timer runs out.
                    • A unit in the revive state canít die from any source of damage, only the timer reaching 0 can kill it.
                    • Each successful CPR will increase the time the unit can stay in the revive state.
                    • To wake up a patient treat all of his wounds, make sure he isnít in pain and then use epinephrine.
                    • Each successful revive removes a life from the unit, once the lives run out the next time the unit will take fatal damage it will not enter the revive state and will die.

Comment

TGU soon to come on this ill need testers so we can get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Comment

Good idea ^
                        |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
                        TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Not sure if this modeled in game. But injecting epinephrine(artificial adrenaline) widens vains and increases hearth rate. If injected when a patient is low on blood this will kill the patient instantly by pulling to much blood from vital organs. First you need to treat the patient before giving him epi. So in Ace this will be giving a bloodbag.

If someone has last almost no blood, it is a waste of time to give them blood in a situation with multiple casulties or in combat. Bandage them up deal with the pain and get them back in the figth as quick as possible.
                          TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

<sticks head around corner>

I'd also like to add to this discussion that using Epi to "reset a timer" clearly goes against the purpose of the function and thus is against our primer.

<vanish>
                            |TG189| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Admin
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "Tactics in action can not exist if there is no action." - Scout

Comment

Lol.

Well can we find a way to see if CPR is actually bugged. If so find a way to fix it? Like I said above we only ever did epi when they were ready to be woken up. So bandages, blood, and pain are good. (More so blood.and bandages)
                              |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
                              TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X