Jack Sparrow Ep 1 - Nov 3rd 3PM Central - DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Jack Sparrow Ep 1 - Nov 3rd 3PM Central - DISCUSSION

Debuting the series called Jack Sparrow which revolves around a US Army little bird air cavalry unit going up against the pirates of Stratis. This series is planned to have 3 episodes that will run for three weeks. The difficulty is classified as HARD.

For this episode there are a couple things that people should know anyway. There are assault boats on the sides of the destroyer where players can use the ladders to reach. But the purpose of the mission is to use the little birds and their excellent flying pilots to launch rapid assaults on the beach targets. This mission is mainly desgined to entertain those who enjoy helicopter piloting, but I suspect that the infantry in this mission will have plenty of fun as well on the ground.

Sing up for this event here.
    Last edited by hedgehog; 10-22-2018, 03:52 PM. Reason: added event sign up thread link.

Can't get at the signup page . . . says I need to be logged in?? . . .I am logged in . . . . let me know.

Thanks,

Solo

Comment

Originally posted by MadSoloSniper View Post
      Can't get at the signup page . . . says I need to be logged in?? . . .I am logged in . . . . let me know.

Thanks,

Solo
      Sorry it became unavailable for a little bit there. Should be back now.

Comment

Meet the the ground team. 7 man to fit into the little bird perfectly.
        From left to right:
        1. Grenadier - M4A1 rifle with M203 attachment.
        2. Assistant Autorifleman - M4A1 rifle. Extra M249 Ammo in his backpack
        3. Autorfileman - M249 Squad Automatic Weapon.
        4. Team Leader - M4A1 rifle with M203 attachment and small long range radio as his backpack.
        5. Medic - M4A1 rifle with extra medical supplies in his backpack
        6. MAAWS operator - M4A1 rifle and a MAAWS anti-tank rocket launcher.
        7. MAAWS assistant - M4A1 rifle with extra MAAWS rockets in his backpack

Comment

The MH-6
          Transport helicopter capable of carrying 7 passengers in additon to its two crews. There is a toolkit and a small legbag in the inventory for the crews to use to repair their helicopter in case of damage. The helicopter can also carry ammo boxes loaded via ACE logistics system.

The AH6
          Assault helicopter with one passenger capacity in addition to its two crews. There is a toolkit and a small legbag in the inventory for the crews to use to repair their helicopter in case of damage.

Pylons on the AH-6:
          • 7 x Hydra HEDP rockets
          • 6000 rounds of 7.62mm gattling gun on both sides
          • 1300 rounds of 12.7mm GAU gun

There are no FARP to rearm or repair the helicopters. Losing the helicopters will not replenish it so extreme care is necessary. Also conserving ammo to stay on station as long as possible is necessary letting the infantry take on what they can handle and only intervening when necessary.

Both helicopters have high powered recon camera available to the copilots.

Comment

On the destroyer! Woo!!!
            |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
            TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Leading us into battle is the fearless operations commander Fireforeffect . Stand by for role assignments and orders.

Comment

nice, will we get a picture of the map soon hedge?

Comment

Overall AO and task list

Closer look

Kill Farm Obj

Camp Rogain Obj

Comment

splatteredRed we'll need to go over this^ !
                    |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
                    TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Weather and Time:

The default time for the operation is 0500 to simulate early morning attack. There is plenty of light out. There is parameters to control this for general purpose playthrough or if the commander wants to change it for the event.

The default setting for the fog is random. This can be controlled via parameter as well. Light fog will affect low lying ground while heaviest fog might not reach the Camp Rogain Altitude.

The default setting for overcast is random. This can be controlled via parameter as well. Heavy overcast will bring rain down affecting ability to communicate effectively with the rain drops as well as visibility.

Comment

Those parameters sound good to me.
                        |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
                        TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Really disappointed that I won't be able to be there for this, sorry guys.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X