Clear All

• Testing TFAR Beta 1.0 - Weekend Event

April 27 & 28th
    A L L W E E K E N D

Hearts & Minds on Lythium
    using
    TASK FORCE ARROWHEAD RADIO - BETA V1.0

SHORT VERSION
    The next version of Task Force Arrowhead Radio (also known as TFAR) is in Beta and we want to test it thoroughly before we really consider updating our configuration and all of our missions to be compatible. You can grab the mod here and don't forget to install the plugin into your TS.

WHY VERSION
    In preparing the updated Mission Template we realized that testing this updated TFAR was going to be necessary. When we did we realized that there are some functions that we have built custom scripts that we could now depreciate with this new TFAR.

Specifically, radio channels can now be defined in the AddOn Settings within the mission or server. So far, we have decided to do this at the mission level so that mission makers could make use of things like some units not having radios or any other configuration (i.e. Two factions sharing a net).

We also want to test putting TFAR objects onto playable units and see over the course of the weekend what the actual impact is to players joining the instance. This would allow more control for mission makers again in setting up scenarios to their unique situations.

Lastly, there has been an interesting update in ACE that allows mission editors to import the ACE Arsenal within the editor. This again has opened up a new way of graphically editing an arsenal because before it could take 1/2 hour of clicking to generate an arsenal before you could get to testing it. Now, we are testing the new way within this mission.

TFAR BETA 1.0 HIGHLIGHTS
    There are big improvements for players as well as mission makers such as vehicle intercom is NOW available so that you can talk within a vehicle no matter how loud that RHS engine is!

There are cosmetic changes to the direct volume graphical indicators and maybe even updated graphics on the radios themselves in some cases.

WHY H&M
    We wanted a long play scenario so that this test would reduce the number of variables in our experiment. This scenario is well known to all of our players so that we will be able to just change these TFAR aspects of the mission and get accurate feedback. It's science!

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME
    Tell us when you think you will be on! Let's get some organized times up for teams! YOU PLAYERS are in charge of setting up your operations and we hope that you will use this forum thread to organize and include players in your game time!

Obviously, Sat Apr 27 is going to be a game at 3pm EDT. But, jump on anytime and pick up operations. Make sure you add intel markers on your sightings and contacts on the map!

Please leave information on your in-game actions HERE IN THE AAR THREAD.
    Last edited by Unkl; 04-27-2019, 05:39 AM. Reason: Add link to AAR thread
    |TG189| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Admin
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    Thank You To our Supporting Members -
    "Place your playable units and do your tactical barbie" - Roque_THE_GAMER

100% in as much as I can be! Will update with exact times for myself. We're gonna need those pilots and special roles filled first!

Comment

I briefly tested some of the new TFAR beta features on the dev server with some friends and it seemed promising. A long-play test with multiple nets/radio types will be welcome.

Comment

Depending on many we get I'll have leads/pilots on lr50 as normal and each squad will have it's own short range.

Comment

One additional feature that is really kinda neat is that you can now open your radio and assign left/right channel using your ACE self-interact. The keybinds to do so are still there as well of course.

Vehicle intercoms have channels as well now. By default in helos the crew and passengers are not on the same channel. That means passengers can pretty much talk about what they want without annoying the crew. Just remember to switch channels if you need to talk to the crew. Otherwise you'll be pretty silent via direct.

Comment

That's aweosme!

Comment

Those features (ACE interact for accessing radio config, intercoms, etc.) are a few of the really nice parts of ACRE. I'm glad TFAR has followed suit.

Comment

I am sure there will be plenty of special roles on Lythium. It is a pretty inconvenient terrain to drive across without some kind of air support or logistics. I'll probably be around fairly early on Saturday.

Actually, IMO the nicest feature ACRE still has over TFAR Beta (and stable) is the automatic installation of the teamspeak plugin. That really simplifies the setup process for everyone - new and old players. Oh and all of those features are in the stable release...

Comment

Please leave feedback about TFAR Beta 1.0 in here.

Please leave information on your in-game actions HERE IN THE AAR THREAD.
                  |TG189| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Admin

Comment

Updating the mission this morning to ensure that non-leaders will automatically get a short range radio.

TfarBeta1-Settings.jpg
                    I know this messes with the progress, but it is important that we get a good MP result for the usability of this mod for us.
                    |TG189| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Admin

Comment

On second thought, I'm not going to reset the mission. I think we understand how this setting will affect us so let's move on with the persitent mission and we just have to live with the fact that if you don't come in as a group leader, then you will need to get a short range radio out of the arsenal for the rest of today.
                      |TG189| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X