Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Armed Assault on TG? Report in.

This thread is for all the players who are on our "Armed Assault servers" and would like to introduce themselves.

A great way to start at TG is to look over the Required Reading for all Tactical Gamer Members.

Follow this with the Armed Assault - Announcements & SOPs.

Also see TG ArmA Server Information.

After that, please post in this thread and introduce yourself to the community. Feel free to include the following:
    1. In-game Name
    2. Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan)
    3. Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?
    4. Are you active in any other games at TG?
    5. Any interest in mission editing/scripting?
    6. Any real world Military experience?

Thank you!
    Last edited by TheBigC; 01-14-2009, 06:06 PM. Reason: Cleaned up and modified Questions to be more relevant
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: New to Armed Assault on TG? Report in.

Greetings. I came out of the BF2 encampment. Thanks to boudreux, I heard about this game only three months ago. And thanks to the developers I am now playing the most excellent demo.

My in game name is |TG-Irr|_High-Tech. Know that I think about it, I should have went with Demo Dick. For two reason. 1. I like Richard Marcinko. 2. It is a demo and my name is Rick.

I have zero experience points with OFP.

I downloaded the AA demo in the first hours of its release. I am trying to learn as much as possible from this in order to be good with the full game.

I enjoy any position really as long it improves the units’ chances of mission success.
    The infantry level with commanding is fun stuff.
    I enjoy the land vehicles, and thanks to the demo, will be a there as back-up pilot for the transport chopper.
    I really enjoy planning and strategy.

I plan on purchasing the full game later this year.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Great initiative, Rick. I've been a casual BF2 player here at TG, mainly because of my network connection problems and different timezone (EST+7).

I go in-game by the name Candyman (don't ask, I was young :P)

I've been playing singleplayer OFP for a couple of months, especially with mods such as WGL, FFUR and SLX.

I've been toying with full ArmA at a friend of mine and I'm currently enjoying the demo, TG server only, when I get the time.

I'm comfortable with any infantry position, no preferences.
      I've recently discovered I really enjoy leading, thanks to the Team Demo.
      I'm quite a fan of real-life infantry tactics and procedures (although inexperienced), so if you're speaking formations, bounding overwatch, fire sectors, fire concentration etc, you're speaking my language :)
      I can serve as a backup helo pilot, if the mission asks for it.

I'll buy the english version of the game, once it comes out.
      The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Originally posted by stilpu View Post
        I go in-game by the name Candyman
        Ah, capital, another mystery solved! I was only told Jensen=BHack Thursday.

I'll just go down the list off Rick's template...

1) My in game name is: |TG-1stMIP|Coridon

2) My first online game was BF2 so I don't have any experience with OFP

3) I've played the ArmA demo twice and have much to learn

4) My experience sniping with the M24, using rockets and using the SAW have been successful; my experience with the M4 got me killed!! ;)

5) I doubt I'll be creating any missions personally. Just providing suggestions and feedback.

6) I'm playing the demo but DL'd the full German version Thursday, though I've yet to actually install. I'm considering reformatting my harddrive before burning one of my activations...

7) See above
        Last edited by Coridon; 01-06-2007, 08:13 AM.

Comment

1) BigGaayAl

2) Played ofp some, mainly sp since the mp was...err quirky.

3) Arma exp: trying out the demo on Arma.

4) Any weapon (fav: saw), like to play any command level, with slight preference for fireteamleader (in how many parts do you write that damn word please pm me :) ).

5) I have some exp with the ofp editor, but it was difficult as hell. If I get Arma I might make a D-day-esque mission, where you just have to take a beach. If the editor is a little better though. On ofp I had huge problems getting the game to recognise completed objectives, and getting all the soldiers embarked in the correct vehicles. Then again I didn't have internet and community support then.

6) Currently playing demo.

7) Undecided on weather I'll get the game. I don't know If my pc can handle CTI, on the demo and in sp It gives me huge lag and I don't know if it could be solved by playing on a good dedicated server. However much I enjoyed the game with J Canavar this week, I'm still not sure weather I want to play a game which has me fly "like a seagull" for an hour; reminds me too much of John Denver :).

Comment

1. My in-game name is Breakerchase or |TG-Irr|Paperchase

2. I've been playing OFP since I was nine, but the real playing came in 2005.

3. Playing the demo, that's it.

4. Any position I get to suppress the enemy with.

5. No missions created, though I had made a personal version conversion of DMA's Dynamic Missions back in the days of OFP.

6. Playing the demo.

7. I'll get the English Version, only.

Comment

[QUOTE= 1. I like Richard Marcinko. .[/QUOTE]

Doom on you.

Comment

Hello

I'm OrloK or Lok (but that's an old nick, really)

1. In game name :
                Faintly or Faintly Macabre

2. Experience with OFP :
                Played SP and MP (mainly coop). Only just deinstalled ofp to make room for Arma (ofp folder was well over 8 gig due to addons!) also use VBS1.

3. Experience with Armed Assault:
                My experiences with the game? Love it. Bit buggy (as ofp was). Bit of a resource hog though, but I assume optimisation will speed things up a tad.
                Preferring Coop at the moment, Ctf is'nt really my thing althouth CTI (when they fix it, looks fun)

Actual experience with the game engine? Edited some pbos to change grass etc on friends full version and some other bits and bobs.

4. Positions and roles you enjoy playing.
                LMG support roles. I prefer helping (ie disabling bdrms, "suppressive" fire etc) rather than stacking up kills. bit dull I suppose but someone has to back up the heroes. :)

5. Missions you have created and/or creating
                Various mini SP mission in ofp/vbs1 jus for my own fun. No heavy scripting though, I'm more a graphics bloke.

6. If you’re currently playing the demo or the full game
                Demo at the moment.

7. If you’re planning to purchase the full game later this year
                Czech ordered (see my woes in another thread)
                And UK version when it's released.

Ive played most all the popular ww2/modern/tactical fps' online, but always came back to ofp.

Other games to "Runny Jumpy" for me.

I loved WWII Online - but you need a good crew to play with. and alot of time :)

Oh was also a massive fan of IL2 Sturmovik(excellent sim), Silent Hunter (sub sim) and Panzer Elite (the original Tank) sim , not the action travesty that was recently released)

That's about it.

Rgds

LoK
                Arrakis - Dune - A Filmbook

Comment

1. Sam Hoy

2. None

3. I've had the demo for awhile, never really played with anyone though.

4. I really enjoy recon missions, but other then that I am up for whatever needs to be done, except leadership roles which are hampered by my lack of a working mic.

5. None, although I would like to look into the mission editor in the future,

6. Demo, currently.

7. I plan on getting the full version as soon as possible.

Comment

1. Dslyecxi, which is followed by [ShackTacNCO] in-game due to our ranked XMLs.
                    2. Tons. Founder of Shack Tactical, which began in January of 2006. Played OFP SP from the start, MP since around 2004, then had to cut off the MP (but not SP) aspect for a little over a year when I was stationed on Okinawa. Came back, started it back up again, then established ShackTac.
                    3. Quite a bit. Demo, full game, and...
                    4. I'm happy with pretty much anything. Proficient as a helo pilot (transport or attack), fireteam/squad/platoon leader, sniper, forward observer, etc.
                    5. None personally, but I've helped guide along and inspire more than a few for ShackTac. We've had somewhere on the order of 150-200 missions made for WGL over the course of our time playing it.
                    6. See #3
                    7. Of course. I'll be migrating my group to ArmA once we get either the US release (possibly UK) or once Wargames League for ArmA has a beta release. We pull 30+ people on average for each scheduled OFP session these days, and I'm guessing we'll get similar if not higher turnouts for ArmA.

I plan to get some coordinated gaming happening between TG and ShackTac in the future. We'll see what develops. Hopefully TG will pick up WGL for ArmA once it's released, as that will no doubt be the mod we focus on. The gameplay from it in OFP is fantastic, and it's only expected to get better for ArmA. You'll probably see ShackTac/GoonTac guys playing on the TG server from time to time once we transition over, too.

Comment

1. |TG-Irr|Wimpinator

2. I played some of the single player missions when the game first came out. I never played Multiplayer

3.I have only played the ArmA demo

4. I like being the grunt for now since I have little experience

5. None

6. DEmo

7. I believe I will probably get the English version but it is really going to depend on how it looks like it will perform on my old machine
                      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Trying to get a little more consistency for the future, I'll be dropping my former nicknames (stilpu and Candyman) and from now on I'll go by my real (second) name in and out of the game. Since I haven't been very active in the community until now, this confusion should only affect some of the great guys from Team Demo. :)

I'm sorry for the inconvenience,
                        Vic
                        The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

1. tHa_KhAn

2. I played some of the single player missions when the game first came out. I never played Multiplayer

3.I have only played the ArmA demo

4. Ground pounder. I could also see myself getting into transport helo piloting.

5. None

6. Demo

7. I get the UK version unless a US version is announced very soon after that.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                            I plan to get some coordinated gaming happening between TG and ShackTac in the future. We'll see what develops. Hopefully TG will pick up WGL for ArmA once it's released, as that will no doubt be the mod we focus on. The gameplay from it in OFP is fantastic, and it's only expected to get better for ArmA. You'll probably see ShackTac/GoonTac guys playing on the TG server from time to time once we transition over, too.
                            I would like to see a dedicated night at TG for combined operations games with ShackTac/GoonTac. I know you guys host a session on Saturday nights, so having another session (like on Wednesday nights, perhaps), would offer yet another quality gaming opportunity for serious ArmA players. Assuming the interest of folks at TG, I don't see why this couldn't happen.

Comment

Hi all,

1. In game name:
                              Buccaneer

2. Experience with OFP:
                              Played all the SP’s plus Campaign in OFP and Resistance when it was first released. Did not play Multiplayer (Only had a 56k Modem at the time, and had never used the Net for game playing – probably because I didn’t want people seeing how pants I was).

3. Experience with Armed Assault:
                              Have the Cz Version. Downloaded just before Christmas 2006. About to finish all the SP training missions. Have not started the SP Campaign yet.

4. Positions and roles you enjoy playing:
                              Helo Transport/Attack – Happy playing any role going really.

5. Missions you have created and/or creating:
                              None yet. But have dabbled with the editor. (A tutorial from an experienced mission creator would be welcome one day).

6. If you’re currently playing the demo or the full game:
                              Full game (see 3)

7. If you’re planning to purchase the full game later this year
                              Will buy the boxed UK Release in February and then use that.
                              sigpic
                              | |
                              TG ArmA Pathfinder
                              One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed