Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great little ArmA2 preview

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=10090

Things of note - the two multiplayer modes they are working on, fantastic direction!

Improved AI, amphib vehicles play bigger role

SP sounds amazing, if pulled off well.

And . . . set for June 2008 release, but "could release 6 months sooner (haha) or 6 months later (yes)."

I don't care when it comes, sounds great, can't wait.

Re: Great little ArmA2 preview

I am all for a new game, but damn, they are just starting to get the bugs fixed on this one...
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

If they stop supporting this version when the second one comes out, I give up.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I can't imagine they will continue to patch ArmA after Arma2 comes out...They don't patch OFP anymore do they?

That being said...there is a changelog starting to take shape for 1.09 (still in the works) and I'd expect they will continue to fix isues for awhile (I'd gather at least one more patch after 1.09 - maybe two).
        LoyalGuard

Comment

I don't think they will stop supporting this version. They will probably use the current engine with all the fixes they are making for it with new content to make Armed Assault 2 while adding a few new features, etc.

Comment

BI is a good company. I really don't see them not supporting ArmA. They want ArmA 2 to be purchased by everyone who bought the first one and more, right? Plus, since the same engine is used, they could almost test out certain features, combine resources.

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
              If they stop supporting this version when the second one comes out, I give up.
              Looks to be queens gambit expansion will be final patch...

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
                Looks to be queens gambit expansion will be final patch...
                LINK OR DIE; that's not funny if it's a joke.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Was said in voice during the Arma2 videos

Comment

That would be pretty scary if they stopped supporting ArmA when ArmA2 comes out. Although, it's understandable since ArmA2 is the next version. I'd hate to pay double but in terms of what's included in the whole package I think it's a good deal. It's a lot cheaper than VBS or VBS2 and has a lot of the features.

I think we can still trust BI to support their products. They did patch OFP for a long time. I just hope that ArmA2 is vastly better than OFP. Since ArmA is better than OFP but I can't really call it a sequel. ArmA just feels too much like OFP in a lot of ways.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well I know I have a job and my perspective is very different than when I was in college and couldn't afford lunch, but I think ArmA presents a GREAT value for me personally considering the time I have spent in-game and in-editor. I also have no complaints in supporting an independent developer trying to make a go of it in the EA world. I know ArmA was released early, but they have done a pretty good job of patching the game and supplying additional features and requests to suit the community.

If the economics dictate a new revenue stream in ArmA2 1-2 years after ArmA that is something I can support. I'm in 110% for ArmA2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                        Well I know I have a job and my perspective is very different than when I was in college and couldn't afford lunch, but I think ArmA presents a GREAT value for me personally considering the time I have spent in-game and in-editor. I also have no complaints in supporting an independent developer trying to make a go of it in the EA world. I know ArmA was released early, but they have done a pretty good job of patching the game and supplying additional features and requests to suit the community.

If the economics dictate a new revenue stream in ArmA2 1-2 years after ArmA that is something I can support. I'm in 110% for ArmA2.
                        This is the difference between the real world and the kids. People who go to work everyday recognize that in order to develop a product, you need revenue. Those who don't work assume that products magically appear and they're perfect and if they're not perfect, why they can just keep working on them until everything is right.

ArmA is a fantastic game.

Comment

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
                          ArmA is a fantastic game.
                          I second that. People will always find something to complain about, no matter how many hours they get enjoyment from it. The whole "I hate this game so much that I am going to spend 6-8 hours a day playing it!!!! That will show them for making a crappy game!!!"
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

One thing that should be pointed out is that I have every expectation that ArmA 2 will be *almost* compatible with ArmA content. This means that just like OFP scripts and tools could be relatively easily converted to work with ArmA, the missions & tools from OFP & ArmA should move pretty effortlessly into ArmA2. That is something very few developers do (look at the difficulty in moving mods from BF1942 to BF2 to BF2142).

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                              One thing that should be pointed out is that I have every expectation that ArmA 2 will be *almost* compatible with ArmA content. This means that just like OFP scripts and tools could be relatively easily converted to work with ArmA, the missions & tools from OFP & ArmA should move pretty effortlessly into ArmA2. That is something very few developers do (look at the difficulty in moving mods from BF1942 to BF2 to BF2142).
                              Here is a post from them BIS forums that supports your expectation:

Arma 2 Forward Compatibility, Scripting practices
                              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...