Should I wait for ArmA2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I wait for ArmA2?

Since I held off buying ArmA last year because of my sub-par PC, I guess buying ArmA now would be a bit late, would it? With Armed Assault 2 slated to come out in (hopefully) less than a year, it might be wiser for me to wait it out depending on how the multiplayer and community would move. Your thoughts?

EDIT: Huh? The name of the key below your enter and caps lock key is a censored word?

Re: Should I wait for ArmA2?

Originally posted by Paperchase View Post
    Since I held off buying ArmA last year because of my sub-par PC, I guess buying ArmA now would be a bit late, would it? With Armed Assault 2 slated to come out in (hopefully) less than a year, it might be wiser for me to wait it out depending on how the multiplayer and community would ****. Your thoughts?
    Buy it now you won't regret it. I think it's $20 on STEAM....killer bargain.

Comment

Dude, if I could, I'd play this game during all my waking hours. I'd still pay $100 for ArmA if I knew how good it was and didn't have it.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Dont wait..get it now..

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

It is so much better since they released the 1.11 beta, seems like our server is busy busy.
          Wow, tonight was over 30 people I think. On a thrusday night!!!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I joined a session with 31 people after 1am EDT.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

It is now August, probably too late to grab ArmA, just wait for ArmA2? This thread was written in March.

Duh you mean shift? Whats wrong with that?

Comment

BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!! ArmA 2 isnt expected unltil march 2009 and even when ArmA 2 is released people will still play ArmA until all the mods are ported to ArmA 2
                |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I would say, buy it now ..

Do you honestly think ArmA2 is going to be released in March 2009?

Does ANYONE remember the stated release date of ArmA? "June 2006" .... it was ACTUALLY released in November 2006 ..

Unless the ArmA dev team got a significant number of new hires, or has had a large change in policy .. EXPECT ArmA2 to be delayed further.

They haven't even released an official release date! March 2009 is pure conjecture.

Why wait for a game that is almost a year away? ArmA still has plenty of life left in it for $20 ..

Comment

Thats why I said expected thats what was said when game was announced but that will not be anywhere near the real release date I expect ArmA2 to be released in September or November 2009 maybe even later
                    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I just bought it now myself. Buy it! Life is short. DO IT! You know you want too :D

Comment

Hi Superfast nice to hear from you.
                        I too am returning to ArmA after some time away, it is a great immersion experience.
                        Saw you on CoD4 the other day but I have grown somewhat tired of that now.

Paperchase regarding your buy or hold off question I'd advise you to "get er dun" now.
                        If you shop about you should be able to get it quite cheap and you'll get a lot of game for your Buck!

As I have just found out there are two topics ref each of the new game versions giving some background information just to whet your appetite, playing ArmA now will help to get you up to speed with the game ........ I'll see you over there.

See you on the battlefield.

Barnaby out
                        "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I have to wait until I can afford a decent computer to get into the realm of ARMA 2. Hopefully I can get into it before ARMA 3 is out.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Holy necro batman!! :)

What a revive :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Is this possibly a record revival? Over 4 years!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X