Arma 2 Multiplayer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 Multiplayer.

I am of course new to the forums,so excuse the noobish question if it is a noobish question.
    Im new to the game arma2.I have played many fps games,like literally most of them.I love em thats all i play.When i seen arma2 trailers and videos i was instantly in amazement. I couldnt wait for june 26th to buy it off steam.So i made the purchase b4 work that day,eager to get home and play it that evening.
    Now,im not giving up on the game.People have told me on the official arma 2 site that there will be some games like i want.They told me to come here to these forums.I want to play simple TDMs or DM's,or some kind of MP with no AI's. I want to have big game battles with all real players that are playing the game right now.Playing co-op is just not exciting to me.The game has so much potential i think but i think a lot of people are frustrated about the lack of PvP servers. Im sure you all are familiar with bf2 and the objective to capture and hold the points on the map on lets say karkand! I want to play something like that with this game.Use the jets,choppers etc to get there,use every thing possible in the game all weapons etc.Is that ever gonna happen with the game or is it gonna be just mostly coop. I even like ctf.
    I just cant seem to find any servers for what im talkin about.I love to snipe i wanna come in and snipe every round,I should be able to.I know the game just came out but hey anyone feel the same way or anyone tell me that there is servers like this or is gonna be?
    Thx
    -- Josh

Re: Arma 2 Multiplayer.

Originally posted by {S8G}Rub!c0n View Post
    I am of course new to the forums,so excuse the noobish question if it is a noobish question.
    Im new to the game arma2.
    Now,im not giving up on the game.

Heh..Giving up on the game..?. The Game hasn't even begun... :row1_1:
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Sometimes TvT [aka PVP] is done but it is mostly COOP. With what you are talking about it sounds like Project Reality, which is a mod for BF2 is better suited for you. In arma it is not un-common to go through a mission and never fire a shot.
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Well i really hope it doesnt always seem to be coop.Thats LAME. Whats the skill going and killing AI's.

Comment

The skill ,young fella, comes in organizing the assault , getting players to work together as a team and completing the objective with as few casualties as possible..aka real life.

This game may not be for you as it's more of a simulator than a shooter and , as in real life , foolish charges up Bunker Hill against an MG might result in your having to sit out the rest of the game if there's no respawn.

As was suggested , maybe Project Reality (a BF2 mod that's free) might be more to your liking.It's faster , has more spawning options and you're free to fly/drive almost anything on the map.
          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

If you can not rucksack in pitch black with zero night vision and zero contacts for 3 straight hours, only to be blown apart by a sniper you never saw, which I have done, Arma is not for you.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Played ctf with quit a few people on it tonight and it was fun. Not as fast paced as some other fps but it was fun.I like the over all game.Just wish there were more pvp servers.I assume there will be because a lot of people feel the same way i do. And no i wouldnt like spending 3 hrs with nv goggles just to get blown away by a sniper..thats not fun thats stupid.

Comment

without NV ;D Also, it is fun to me.

You'll fit in with the PR people.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

Comment

ive played PR...not for me.Bf2 is too outdated.

Comment

Rubicon from Victor Company?

Anyway Rubicon TacticalGamer.com is not like Armaholic forums. TG forum posts usually refer to TG servers. If you are looking for simple TDM s and DMs then TG is definitely not for you.

But I do ask you to experience the way it is meant to be played against AIs in TG. PvP events are the best as well.

You might be expecting something that is not easily offered by the game itself. Arma is not Call of Duty. Anyway if u r Rubi from V... wassssuuppp

Comment

This game is not for you, even TvT is slow paced in this game

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                        This game is not for you, even TvT is slow paced in this game
                        People change their tastes.

I say give the game a try. Wait for the TG servers to up and running and play a little with us, you will enjoy it for sure. TG is one of the few places, where you can this play this game, as it should be played.
                        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

thanks Jorge .... people telling me what i will like..... like the government or something..Thats the thing i played 2hrs of 1 ctf match last night and liked it alot....

Comment

I agree with Jorge, once the TG severs are up this game may be what turns young Rubicon over to our side. Rubicon, I think if you give ArmA2 a chance you'll see that this game offers you infinitely more than you'll find on a FPS. With the mod and addon capability you might revisit us in six months and find a completely different ArmA2 then you played before. Also Coop on A2 is very different than coop on call of duty or whatever because this AI is much more complex, so give it a shot, you might like it.

Comment

On a more moderate note agree that at least give it a try then decide if you like it or not.

Unfortunately for some of us to even give it a try means a capital outlay to upgrade so thank god for the demo!!

Me thinks what got some feathers ruffled a wee bit was the attitude...
                              Originally posted by {S8G}Rub!c0n View Post
                              Well i really hope it doesnt always seem to be coop.Thats LAME. Whats the skill going and killing AI's.
                              [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X