SP - Freedom Fighters scenario

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP - Freedom Fighters scenario

Man.. I can't beat this for the life of me. It seems every time I take a town or 2 the russians send in their APC's and dominate us.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips for this scenario?

Re: SP - Freedom Fighters scenario

no one has any suggestions?

Comment

Dont know. Tried it out this morning for about 5 mins. I'll come back to you when I put more time on this.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

At least you get past a few towns.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
          N00b :P

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I cant shoot to well.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
              Seriously though.. this scenario is crazy difficult. Anyone actually beat this scenario yet?

I'm going to try again tonight.

Comment

Still battling through this mission for a while now. The crappy part is it's now night and I have no NVGs. I'm driving around in a BMP with the lights on and trying to take towns. I have a large majority of them, but still have to take out the Russian base and do several other things. Will it ever end?!

Comment

Jump on the motorbike and capture Msta as quickly as possible. Set it to 100% logistics using the city menu (this generates the "S" money used to make factories).

Go to the bunker near the crossroads to the west. Build a ZU-23 defense gun and maybe a few walls. Use the gun to shoot down the APCs and jeeps as they drive down the road from Staroye.

Eventually you'll have enough money to buy yourself a heavy factory and a few T-72s, then it's payback time.

Comment

Hm, apparently Heavy and Aircraft factories are disabled in this scenario, so the best you can get is a BRDM, which pretty much just sucks. I wonder what the designers were thinking.

Comment

What DOES work, is
                      * wait till AI builds barracks

* Buy a crewman, vote for youself as commander. Then mobilize HQ, order crewman to man the machine gun and get in

* Drive slightly north, then west, to pass Staroye from the north. Then head south directly into Pusta. Avoid roads as much as possible.

* Pusta has no defenses. Drive to west side of town and capture it. Then kick up a base right into town immediately. By this time, AI has capped and lost Msta. Since your HQ is actually in the town you get money and supplies rather quickly

* Buy some AT infantry and set up ambushes north of town, because AI starts sending BTR-90s right away. A bit later, tanks. While dealing with base-leveling party, stay inside bunker and lay low.
                      Buy a RPG to help a bit -- AT infantry isn't that responsive to orders. Also, it seems that enemy is more focused on retaking the town and doesn't go for your buildings instantly.

* As you get the chance, save & rush to elektrozavodsk to deal with enemy base. A truck full of AT infantry should help. Make sure to approach via coast/docks and snipe the manned AGS-30 outpost before approaching from the west.

By using this strategy, you should have loads of money and supply all the time, all you have to do is repel attacks and mount one of your own. Never vote AI back for commander, or he might remobilize HQ and drive into enemy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X