Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mapfact Editorupgrade for Arma 2 server?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapfact Editorupgrade for Arma 2 server?

I would like to make a request for Arma 2 server admins, to upload Mapfact Editorupgrade. It would let mission makers to create more interesting missions with using of different kinds of objects. This Mapfact Editorupgrade let you put in the mission any of objects located on the island.

Whole pack is less than 1 MB.

Features: The actual object categories of the Editorupgrade:

* Rocks - Stones and Rocks

* Roads - Bridges, Dam, Streets, Ways and Runways

* Sidewalks - Sidewalks und Pathes

* Houses - Civil Houses

* Industry - Industrial Buildings and Equipment

* Rails - everything about Trains and Tracks

* Military - military Buildings, Tents, and Emplacements

* Ruins - Corpses, Wrecks, Ruins and Rubbish

* Walls - Walls, Fences, Gates and Streetsurroundings

* Misc - Container, Materials, Playground, ...

* Signs - Signs, Streetlights, Poles and Billboards

* Interieur - Furniture, Electroniks and Drinks

* Water - Boats, Buojs,Seas
    Here is the link for the pack: http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...t=news&id=2685

Again, I'm asking admins to upload this object pack on server, so we all can make our missions even more interesting :).

What are you opinions?

Re: Mapfact Editorupgrade for Arma 2 server?

does it require players to download this to enable them to use it?

Comment

Yes, but its less than 1 MB. We would make information, in the thread about TG Server.

Also, its made by Mapfact, which is well known, since OFP of making editor upgrades with all kinds of objects.

Comment

So, what are you guys thinking? can this be done? :)

Comment

I use mapfact EU already and it is quite nice, but asking everyone to download before they play certain missions may be an issue.

Comment

I'm thinking when we start adopting other mods into one "mod pack", this might be a good one to add.

| |

Comment

We need to find an editor update that doesnt require users to download the update. in ArmA1 there was one and soon enough there will be one in ArmA2.
              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                I'm thinking when we start adopting other mods into one "mod pack", this might be a good one to add.
                We slowly should start thinking about it. At least we could make the small editor pack required, with link on TeamSpeak server. It's less than 1 MB. People who wouldn't have it or didn't know about it, could download it in few seconds.

Comment

i'm liking the idea of using this, will add alot more to mission building, but i think maybe a TG mod pack when a few more mods come out that we might want to use

Comment

I'm with Socom on this one - there was an addon pack for the editor that allowed one to place all sorts of vanilla objects on the map w/o requiring any sort of special download on the player's part. I'd far rather have mission creators use a setup like that - it'll make it much easier on our player base. If nothing comes out by the time we get a TG modpack running, then I don't think there would be a problem including it.
                    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

You can make missions with the editor addons and not have the need for people playing the missions to have the addon. Since everything is already unlocked (it's not adding new content) all you have to do is remove the addon from the list in the mission.sqm file once your done with the mission.

I've done this for a few missions that I've messed around with and I havent noticed any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by dagi View Post
                        You can make missions with the editor addons and not have the need for people playing the missions to have the addon. Since everything is already unlocked (it's not adding new content) all you have to do is remove the addon from the list in the mission.sqm file once your done with the mission.

I've done this for a few missions that I've messed around with and I havent noticed any issues.
                        Er.... by my understanding. If you remove the addon from the list of addons and leave the object in the mission, it simply continues to repopulate itself in the list?

If so then people would need the addon.

I'm with the others above on this, with regards to an editor mod. There will be a client side mod that you can run to place ArmA2 objects that wont require people that receive the PBO to need any Addon...it wont be long before that is available.

I believe it was the 6thSense fellas that created the editor addon last time. They are probably working on the A2 version now.
                        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                          i'm liking the idea of using this, will add alot more to mission building, but i think maybe a TG mod pack when a few more mods come out that we might want to use
                          +1 If you guys want. I can make an installer TG mod pack.

Just let me know what mods you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                            Er.... by my understanding. If you remove the addon from the list of addons and leave the object in the mission, it simply continues to repopulate itself in the list?

If so then people would need the addon.

I'm with the others above on this, with regards to an editor mod. There will be a client side mod that you can run to place ArmA2 objects that wont require people that receive the PBO to need any Addon...it wont be long before that is available.

I believe it was the 6thSense fellas that created the editor addon last time. They are probably working on the A2 version now.
                            It would only repopulate if you were to open the mission in the editor again.

If you remove the mod from the list once you have finished editing (closed arma2, opened the mission in a text editor and remove the mod from the list, then create the pbo) it will work.

It would be the same thing if you were to edit the mission.sqm file by hand and put in all the ID's and locations of each object you wanted.

If the addon really does add something new (the current editor addon's dont add any new IDs) that isnt in the vanilla game then, yes the mod would be needed by each person playing.

Comment

Apparently the mapfact addon adds new classes to the game, so is needed if specific objects are placed. It is discussed in some detail here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78184

There is another addon, similar to the 6th sense one for ArmA that just exposes hidden objects that have existing classes:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5932

so that might be a better choice for the time being, as the addon won't be required when adding the mission.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X