Who makes the addons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the addons?

I was wondering who actually makes addons, and if it would be at all possible to make a female face addon (or female character). I'm not opposed to playing as a guy, but having a female character would be a good visual for everyone else that I'm not a boy. Lessens the shock value just a slight bit. ^_^

Re: Who makes the addons?

Anyone can make addons. As of now all the Arma2 addons I know of have been made by players, for free and for players. The usual way is for someone to decide he or she doesn't like a certain feature of the game, and then proceed to try and fix it. A female face is easy to add and isn't actually an "addon" at all because A2 supports custom faces, even if it might look a bit silly on the male model. Google "custom face"+arma2 and you'll find plenty of instructions as well as faces. I'm sure there are female faces out there already.

Comment

Frankly ARMA2 could be one of the first games to incorporate female models to the game if someone actually decided to follow through. War Rock had the female medic class back in the day, but I'll admit that women are woefully misrepresented in 'war games', probably due more to purchasing demography than an intended sexist slight.

That being said, I can't believe there's not a game maker that has caught on to that potential untapped market for the software. I'd say the precedent has been largely set in the defence establishments of the developed world to allow women into the combat trades so game publishers should probably follow suit. Does Modern Warfare 2 allow female gender selection in multi-player yet? I know lots of women who play that on Xbox...

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
      -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

I saw, once, females models but just for arma1.

Comment

I've got to say though that unfortunately the female skeleton in the game doesn't have nearly the same amount of animations as the male ones. They can't even hold a weapon.

So making a custom female face would be an option, but as of now the female models in-game are completely unusable for anything combat-related. :(

Comment

because they are not rigged to hold a weapon. it would be a simple task of rigging the model to hold a weapon. and some config edits

Comment

Are the female model MLODs released so that it can be done?

Comment

Is there at least a face skin that looks female even when laid on the male model? Anyone want to make a stab at creating one?

I think this is really all Lorelei is looking for. Not like you would easily see the shape underneath all that gear anyways.

Comment

Joint Operations had female voices and characters. It was a game that could easily handle 100 players without crashing.
                  Last edited by joey; 12-06-2009, 03:57 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                    Joint Operations had female voices and characters. It was a game that could easily handle 100 players without crashing.
                    I loved that game! Sooooo much fun :)
                    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Didn't find any female faces for male models, but I did find this:

Wire mesh: [media]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/287/arma2facewire.jpg[/media]
                      All ArmA2 faces in JPG: http://junk.kegetys.net/arma2naamat/

I strongly recommend to save the finished face as .paa though, for ATI compatability (doesn't like JPGs). Either photoshop, or BIS's own TexView will manage that format I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                        I loved that game! Sooooo much fun :)
                        You can never say too much about that game :)

Comment

OFP female face pack, mabye someone with more talent than I is able to work from this?

http://operationflashpoint.filefront...ace_Pack;36478

Are the female face skins used by the NPC civvies locked to a different model in the engine? I wouldn't think it would be impossible to get those imported into face browser like the 642 face pack.

Also, those JPG's sure look a lot nicer than any face i've seen ingame.

Failing that, there are always balaclava's and a guy fawkes mask I made: :)

EDIT: arma1 skin, not 2

Last edited by ForGlory&Pain; 12-06-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

are those the right ones?

i know that the meshes were changed from arma to arma2

Comment

Personally, if you can play a female soldier on TG servers, I'd probably never come back.

Just saying. I'm here for military authenticity, and infantry/18X/armor and etc. do not allow female soldiers into their ranks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X