ACE 2 Map Pack??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE 2 Map Pack??

Does anyone know if there will be a ACE 2 Map Pack again?

I am testing Avgani and Afghan Village to see what those are like. They probably won't be seen on our server or ever worked on again by the creator but It would be good to see some new maps developed.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: ACE 2 Map Pack??

I think Icebreakers upcoming Isla Duala is looking pretty decent. Its sort of tonal mod(Africa) inspired if you ever played OFP.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Wow, now that is a very good looking map. Can't wait to give it a spin.
      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Looks like and FPS booster!
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Map looks good, just like OFP Tonal.

Comment

I already said.. Avagani and Afghan village runs great on ArmA 2, you just need to download CAA1 or port some .pbos from ArmA 1

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

How many GBs to download would that amount to though? Plus the AI pathfinding is sort of spotty on those maps.(at least in Armed Assault, may have changed when ported to 2.)

Both African and middle eastern maps would be a nice variation from the eastern Europe Chernarus.

Comment

Originally posted by sparks50 View Post
                How many GBs to download would that amount to though? Plus the AI pathfinding is sort of spotty on those maps.(at least in Armed Assault, may have changed when ported to 2.)

Both African and middle eastern maps would be a nice variation from the eastern Europe Chernarus.
                CAA1 = 1.72GB

If you port the .pbos from ArmA 1 it should be about 500mb

well, the Pathfinders could see what .pbos of ArmA 1 is needed to run Avgani and host them somewhere. (JUST A SUGGESTION, DON'T KILL ME FOR THIS)

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
                  CAA1 = 1.72GB

If you port the .pbos from ArmA 1 it should be about 500mb

well, the Pathfinders could see what .pbos of ArmA 1 is needed to run Avgani and host them somewhere. (JUST A SUGGESTION, DON'T KILL ME FOR THIS)
                  If you click "Default Servers" button in Yoma's AddOn Sync there are already lots of sources to download CAA1 from hosts. Preloaded list.

BUT LET'S KILL HIM ANYWAYYY!!!!

Comment

I agree, I'd like to see new maps for ACE2.

What about his one?

Razani N. Waziristan

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5055

bigger image http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users...2-23-58-84.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
                      I agree, I'd like to see new maps for ACE2.

What about his one?

Razani N. Waziristan

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5055

bigger image [media]http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4-arma2009-05-1022-23-58-84.jpg[/media]
                      I like Razani a whole lot. Quite a few ArmA1 maps are nice but the problem is CAA1 is so large. We would be adding almost 2 more gb ontop of the already 1.5gb that ACE is. Which is IMO a little too large. Furthermore, we cannot use the ArmA1 files because we cant require people own ArmA1 to play ArmA2. Right now TG is waiting for some quality islands made for ArmA2 that don't require porting from ArmA1.
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

ACE is only around 500mb, the only reason I can see it would be so high is unnecessary multiple downloads of the same files, but I guess thats up to the hardworking admins to decide.

Comment

The duplicate files (the .rsync folder) is there for the SIX Updater to use. If you use Yoma to download from TG's repository, and don't want the .rsync folders, simply don't download them. Easy as that.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

yes, the rsync files are now optional. so that should cut down on most peoples downloads :]

also for islands we will stay looking at them. when a good one comes out we may make an island pack who knows.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X