Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTMACHINA's 0 Tolerance Week.

Dear All,

As promised in another post, I will undertake exactly 1 week of zero tolerance admin duties in line with the exact wording of the guides.

a: I hope this is conductive to better gameplay.

b: You have been warned.

Kind Regards,

HOTMACHINA.

Re: HOTMACHINA's 0 Tolerance Week.

Not to be confused with Zero Punctuation, which Machina performs EVERY week.

Comment

Which guides might you be talking about?

I'd just like to make sure I am up to speed, and we have some new people who might want to do the same.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
        Not to be confused with Zero Punctuation, which Machina performs EVERY week.
        fantastic
        If you wanna find me off TG
        Xbox live- fusionpo0
        Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
        Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

What has made you became so ... intolerant ?

Comment

yay zeero tolerence i rember hearing socom talk about this on TS (dont ban me)

Good luck with the holy banhammer
            To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Originally posted by sc[ + ]pe View Post
              not to be confused with zero punctuation, which machina performs every week.
              ban him!!!
              Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Gungnir View Post
                Which guides might you be talking about?

I'd just like to make sure I am up to speed, and we have some new people who might want to do the same.

Thanks
                Ahem...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...er-primer.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...must-read.html

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
                  The slotting simulator I guess.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

YAY! Thank you admins for listening to the community and taking steps to restore TG!
                    |TG|Ghost02
                    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

He isnt intolerant, we are all just tired of the current state of affairs on the servers. Too many people have gotten away with too much and we are starting to crack down on problem players. The overall goal is to weed out those not conducive to game play here on our servers. We are not "attacking" anyone we just want to make sure that we maintain the high standards that TG was founded on and to insure that everyone has a good time playing without having to worry about "snuffysniper192" being disruptive.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                        He isnt intolerant, we are all just tired of the current state of affairs on the servers. Too many people have gotten away with too much and we are starting to crack down on problem players. The overall goal is to weed out those not conducive to game play here on our servers. We are not "attacking" anyone we just want to make sure that we maintain the high standards that TG was founded on and to insure that everyone has a good time playing without having to worry about "snuffysniper192" being disruptive.
                        Whats with the attack, I've done NOTHING wrong!

Comment

RACISM!!! Sorry...someone had to say it. lol!

Nah it's cool, but really Hotmachina is only around usually until the early evenings (USA Time or late night Europe time). Whoever else takes the admin shift after that also has to do the same. Some of the worst offenders get on in the late evenings/nights USA time. Basically what I'm saying is that ultimately its up to squad leaders, CO's, and the voted in server admins to work together to identify and kick people. If you are a squad leader, you gotta act like one and warn/tell admin to kick players when they are disruptive. Don't take an Admin, CO, or SL slot if you are not willing to get your men in order. Depending on the mood of the mission and its difficulty granted some slack has to be given, but stuff like spamming the side channel text (which some players depend on heavily for info due to radio clutter on VON/TS channels) has to stop along with the radio chatter on group about how awesome your computer hardware is when we're in the middle of a combat mission.

That doesn't mean insulting players, it just means saying, "Guys cut the comms" and then giving a final warning if they refuse to. After that, have the admin kick them and mission goes on smoothly.

With that said, it's hard to be all hardcore on every mission. I miss the old "Rabbit vs. hunters" mission we had. That was a good one to blow off steam and get some good laughs in between missions that ended badly or when players are starting to get each other's nerves. But when we have the really great missions with great leaders, then wow, everyone really gets into the tactical spirt. It's just right now, with alot of the best missions having been removed and alot of questionable missions being added, the choices are fairly narrow.

What I realy hope for is for the favorite old missions to be revamped for ACE. The Hostage rescue TVT mission is one example of a classic.
                          Right now the new TVT's with 3 parties (Fallout, Poppie, Storm Chaser) are wildly popular however personally I believe they are more gamer oriented and less tactical oriented. Because of this they draw in a different crowd of players with a different playing style that what I was used to in ArmA 1 on the TG servers.

This isn't totally good or bad. However it will attract alot more immature players and unless CO's and squad leaders really organized things properly (difficult on those missions), they are very hard to play in a tactical manner and instead encourage standard rambo gaming (the norm for most FPS games). Switching gears from that type of mission to a hardcore standard tactical infantry mission after the gamer missions can then become very difficult. The tactical mood is pretty much shattered and without a really awesome CO taking over and snapping everyone into order, people continue playing in a sloppy manner with SL's not really into it. End result- getting slaughtered by a brutal AI.
                          Then the finger pointing and name calling begins and bad vibes and seriously disruptive behaviour begins... (cough)sometimes on my part cuz I'm pissed off. I say that because I'm totally cool with being kicked off a server if I'm losing my cool and I'm being an ass. Sometimes we need "cool off" times so Admins should also not be afraid to kick off TG members if things are getting out of hand. (Just tell them it's to "cool off").
                          That is another reason why the admin should NOT be the CO. An admin should be a rifleman with a completely non-critical position so he's not getting so stressed out and can better manage the server's and CO's requirements.

Anyways, thats my long winded 5 cents of advice.
                          "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Comment

Well said Miles, I couldn't agree more.
                            One of the main problems is people can't hear what's being said to them, myself included, some guys come threw pretty good over VON and most of them don't...It did help allot when someone suggested I turn down my in game effects volume and turn up my PC sound.
                            And the other night I got my a#$ chewed because I heard (go back to the chopper if you are wounded and you will get help there) so I did and the next thing I hear is (Gunny where you at? I replayed I at the chopper getting healed next I hear get your a#s back here, if your not back here in five seconds your getting KICKED) so the hole point of the story is I heard someone elses SL and thought he was talking to me, it is vary difficult to tell who is talking to who allot of times in this game especially when the guy leading thinks you can read his mind, like when your moving out our what team he is talking to, I think there are in game commands that leaders can use that would help out allot hand signals and move here commands but I may be wrong about that, but good communication is the key to a ass kicking squad and that is something that is currently lacking .
                            Last edited by GunnyMac; 12-29-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

He eats spent brass and drinks the blood of his enemies. Sometimes it makes him cranky.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X