Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the new teamspeak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone using the new teamspeak?

    So I jumped on TS's website to grab the app, but now its on version 3. something. Can't quite figure out how to get onto the TS servers with the new interface. Advise?

    EDIT - Sorry all, after posting, did a quick search and found what I needed, thread can be closed.

  • #2
    Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

    If you visit the Teamspeak site, the download page has a little link on the bottom that says "Looking for Teamspeak 2? Visit our file archive."

    I haven't downloaded the Teamspeak 3 client yet, and I'm not sure if it will connect to the TG server (which is Teamspeak 2). Maybe someone else can advise?

    I would probably just download TS2.


    EDIT: I just downloaded TS3. No, TS3 is not backwards compatible, so it won't work with the TG Teamspeak server. Just download TS2 with the "file archive" link at the bottom of the TS download page.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

      Yes, do not download TS3 at the moment. TG had a test server setup but TS3 is still very buggy.

      Here is the link to the TS2 archive longtime mentioned.

      http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&archive=1
      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER


      Spartan 4

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

        Vapourware comes back from the dead and nobody tells me? Hrmph.
        Last edited by Sc[ + ]pe; 12-31-2009, 04:32 AM. Reason: No reason.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

          I'm pretty sure for something to become abandonware it has to be released first heh. Vapourware is the term you used!
          Last edited by beita; 12-31-2009, 04:56 AM. Reason: What?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

            That's what I said.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

              I do hope they managed to fix the annoying issue with the channel/user tree scrolling down out of its own volition when the users talk (and thus light up their icon, causing a redraw). Made it kind of useless to have TS2 on a second monitor when it bugged out like that 5 minutes into the game.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

                Alot of things got fixed with TS3 however as it is right now its not the full release. TG is looking into it but we can only support 30 something clients, thats maybe enough for 1/4 of OUR players. So with that being said just be patient I am sure we will find out soon enough and when we do we will let you guys know.

                [unit][squadl][command2]

                KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

                  You can register for a nonprofit license at tritoncia dot com

                  With it you can get 512 slots. Hope this helps.

                  Happy new year

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

                    Or skip TS altogether if a change has is be made and switch to a free open-source alternative like Mumble.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

                      Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      Alot of things got fixed with TS3 however as it is right now its not the full release. TG is looking into it but we can only support 30 something clients, thats maybe enough for 1/4 of OUR players. So with that being said just be patient I am sure we will find out soon enough and when we do we will let you guys know.
                      As Muty said, it's absolutely trivial to get a 512 slot license if it's nonprofit (I've done it myself - very simple process). However, since TG does memberships etc at cost to users, that may complicate things.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

                        Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                        As Muty said, it's absolutely trivial to get a 512 slot license if it's nonprofit (I've done it myself - very simple process). However, since TG does memberships etc at cost to users, that may complicate things.
                        We will do it when we feel it is ready, and suits our needs, we are looking at other options too but thats way above just TG Arma.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

                          Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                          We will do it when we feel it is ready, and suits our needs, we are looking at other options too but thats way above just TG Arma.
                          Oh, there are good reasons to not switch. That's not my point - I was simply addressing the slot issue.

                          One good reason not to switch currently? No channel commander functionality. Kind of puts a damper on things, unless you're particularly fond of playing alt-tab-roulette to try to set up their 'whisper lists'...

                          Channel commander is planned, however.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Anyone using the new teamspeak?

                            Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                            Oh, there are good reasons to not switch. That's not my point - I was simply addressing the slot issue.

                            One good reason not to switch currently? No channel commander functionality. Kind of puts a damper on things, unless you're particularly fond of playing alt-tab-roulette to try to set up their 'whisper lists'...

                            Channel commander is planned, however.
                            As Above, while it sounds beautiful on par with SKYPE/MUMBLE the lack of any Channel Commander and compatible overlays really make it a hard sell to switch to. It seems a bit odd that they forgot to include channel commander yet get alot of the features that mumble was so strong with (quality/filtering) and then some of the features that are pretty pointless (channel/status greeting).
                            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

                            Comment

                            Connect

                            Collapse

                            TeamSpeak 3 Server

                            Collapse

                            Advertisement

                            Collapse

                            Twitter Feed

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X