Yoma and Six Updater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoma and Six Updater

Does it really matter which one you use to update ACE2?

Re: Yoma and Six Updater

You must use TG's Yoma to play on our servers TG updates every monday. So if you download from another yoma or 6 updater at any time it will cause inconsistency on our server.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Nopes. However, if you use Six Updater you must be very careful not to update to another version than the one TG uses. I.e. when TG updates on a Monday you must update on Monday or Tuesday, before a new version comes on Six Updater which makes you use a newer version than TG does.

So the easiest way to stay synced with TG is to use Yoma.

Comment

If I download/update through one TG server on Yoma am I able to play on all the TG servers? In otherwords do all the servers have the same files that need to be updated or does each server have specific updates that need to be downloaded seperately?

Comment

If you use TG's Yoma/AddonSync, you will be able to play on all of TG's servers. They all run off the same repository.
          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Thanks Impulse.

Comment

I strongly recommend using the "Download To:" field when you set up the TG Server in Yoma.

Yes, you will keep two copies of ACE and waste a gig of disk space, but then you won't have problems when you want to play on other severs that keep up-to-the-minute updated ACE versions. You can keep the separate copies updated with separate methods (one with SIX updater, the other with Yoma and the TG sync repository).

The "Download To:" trick is part of the instructions. Re-read the "Getting Started" sticky post if you're interested. If you already installed it, you can always copy it to a seperate folder and fill in the "Download To:" value as that new folder name.

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                You must use TG's Yoma to play on our servers TG updates every monday. So if you download from another yoma or 6 updater at any time it will cause inconsistency on our server.
                To bad that you guys only do updates every monday, that renders it for me as an ACE dev impossible to play on TG and find bugs or share the TG experience.

Beside that, every update fixes bugs and sometimes adds new features or enhances them.

Would be nice if you can change the update cycle.

Xeno

Comment

Actually last versions of ACE were kind'a broken, so maybe good one doesn't instantly jump at the updates every time :)

And it's fully doable to do what several of us do: Keep normal ACE folder structure for Six Updater, and then keep the TG version of ACE in another subdirectory (in my case \ArmA2\@TG\ )

Comment

servers are updated every monday,

Comment

What about doing a monday and friday updates?

Since ACE team updates the mod on Monday, Wednesday and the last is on Friday (18:00 GMT).This would let the server with a more newer version and more bug free.

Stead of only one update on the week.

Comment

I just have problem playing on other servers sometimes for some reason. I tried to switch back and forth, but obviously didn't work. I guess I will try the alternative which is to create two seperate folders. As of today I fail to see how this makes things easier if you play on different servers.

Comment

Guys, it's not unusual for a gaming community to select a mod version and keep a different update cycle. For the sake of stability, admin work, etc. TG is using a one week cycle. So use Yoma's AddOn Sync to setup the TG server and define the "Download To:" folder to something (ie-- "TG_ACE_PACK").

Yoma's AddOn Sync tool makes this incredibly easy to do. Just keep a separate folder for the version that TG uses, and the TG admins will keep that folder synced for you (you have to click ONE button once per week).

I keep three versions of ACE because I play on several different servers. I'm not complaining because with AddOn Sync it is so easy I fall asleep while "working" to stay up to date.

Comment

I keep getting response..... when attempting to join servers....

I have installed 1.950 and server using 2.204... I keep looking for updates via six updater.... and can not locate ace2.204?

Comment

Originally posted by seg[TDev] View Post
                              I just have problem playing on other servers sometimes for some reason. I tried to switch back and forth, but obviously didn't work. I guess I will try the alternative which is to create two seperate folders. As of today I fail to see how this makes things easier if you play on different servers.
                              it is not the administrations problem when you cant play on different servers. our update policy is stated and there are other ways to play on other servers.... im sorry if you cant comprehend this but we are updating ONCE a week until otherwise posted. the administration team has their hands full right now trying to fix our servers thanks you for your understanding

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X