This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout removed from BOTH servers?

I understand that some people prefer certain missions over another. I also understand that oftentimes the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Consider this post me squeeking my wheel. I love the Fallout maps and greatly appreciate the tons of time, effort and skill that went into their creation. I also appreciate the effort some players put into 'playing' the map, and have had numerous conversations with multiple Supporting Members who really want to play this map, especially the latest version, which is amazing.

I agree it should not be on both servers if some people don't like it, but it should be on one of them for those of us that do. I think those of us that really wanted to play this map tonight deserve an explanation of some sort.

In fact I recall a recent post that now that both servers are up and operational this would be the case going forward. If something has changed or there is some technical problem, Admins, please let us know.

Thank you.
    The Don Abides...

Re: Fallout removed from BOTH servers?

Well said, Donegal, and agreed.

Also, I would hope that this thread isn't moved to CAA as a result of its content/views, as I believe it's important to at least be viewable by the entire community.

Comment

Second.

Pro Patria

Comment

I dislike the map, but appreciate it being there for the few times I do want a break from "regular" combined arms.

Comment

What I wrote in other thread:

Admins decided to take out Fallout off the server, because its just easier to do this, than deal (kick/ban) with bunch of idiots who can't behave and ruin the game.

This mission was make for mature people, and it clearly shows that we have players in community who don't know how to play and it makes whole mission to look bad.
          Its very upsetting, because I put lots of work into the mission and so did Inq to make great scripts. With version 3.0, which wasn't the one played on Fridays event, lots of changes were made to make gameplay closer to the rest of our TG missions. We should start getting people kick and banned who can't act properly.

This is not the mission problem, its small number of players who don't know how to act. I became supporting member, to make this community better, but what happened is just wrong. Get rid of people who are ruining the game.
          I'm really sick of this and don't feel like make missions anymore. At least for now. What have happened is just disrespectful.

Comment

I LOVE this map, the first couple times i heard about it i didnt think it was a big deal, but just last night i played it for the first time and the gameplay is amazing. i hate how some players just cant growup and play the game right, they are probably the same players who give COs and SLs grief when trying to play our more serious/tactical missions
            Arma name: Cueball, -19D-Cueball, or L.Cpl. Vowels
            PR name: Sleeper68, Cu3b4ll
            2142:sleeper68

Comment

its not a permanent thing.
              so just be patient please.

Comment

I agree completely. I am in no way saying that Fallout needs to be running concurrently on both servers, but with the number of people (particularly support members) who enjoy the Fallout mission, I disagree with the actions that have taken place from the complaints of a few. Not everyone likes any mission; there are always those who complain about mission X when it gets loaded up by an admin. Why should this any different?

This, combined with being told that we are not allowed to run it on a private server, if we're on the TG Teamspeak is ridiculous.

|TG-TFP|Kezei
                Ductus Exemplo

Comment

*sprays AK-fire into the air while cheering through his MOPP gear*

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                    What have happened is just disrespectful.
                    It happens to everyone Mikee. Happened to me and I felt the same way you do now, but I understand why it happened, just as I think you do, and I adapted my mission making style to reflect what the admin/tg want. But beleive me Mikee, I know how you feel, but we need to get over it and make things happen. Two wrongs do not make a right.
                    |TG|Ghost02
                    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                      its not a permanent thing.
                      so just be patient please.
                      To echo what Browna said, please be patient as we sort out the whole Fallout ordeal. It will not be permanent, but the admin team has decided that players were causing too much trouble while playing the mission.

To Mikee, I'm extremely regretful that this has upset you, but please rest assured that we'll figure out a way to play your well-made mission in a more controlled setting in the future.

For now, feel free to post, but let's keep it civil and not start any arguments.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                        What I wrote in other thread:

Admins decided to take out Fallout off the server, because its just easier to do this, than deal (kick/ban) with bunch of idiots who can't behave and ruin the game.

This mission was make for mature people, and it clearly shows that we have players in community who don't know how to play and it makes whole mission to look bad.
                        Its very upsetting, because I put lots of work into the mission and so did Inq to make great scripts. With version 3.0, which wasn't the one played on Fridays event, lots of changes were made to make gameplay closer to the rest of our TG missions. We should start getting people kick and banned who can't act properly.

This is not the mission problem, its small number of players who don't know how to act. I became supporting member, to make this community better, but what happened is just wrong. Get rid of people who are ruining the game.
                        I'm really sick of this and don't feel like make missions anymore. At least for now. What have happened is just disrespectful.
                        Agreed, some people just can't appreciate the hard work put into the mission, and choose to behave incorrectly just because its easier than doing the opposite to win. But I do not agree that admins do not solve the problems.

Boondock came down to my channel yesterday because he probably heard stuff was going wrong when we were playing fallout v3.0 - he didn't "deal" with anything because it wasn't necessary, I'm certain he would have otherwise.

Comment

Looks like i missed the 3.0 window then :(
                          Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                            Looks like i missed the 3.0 window then :(
                            ya was real fun, as always i think you can consider the fallout missions in beta due to the new updates that mikee and inq work hard at. it hasnt reached a perfect balance but its getting there. if you have anything to critique about version 3.0 come here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...critiques.html
                            If you wanna find me off TG
                            Xbox live- fusionpo0
                            Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
                            Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

Noted, thread closed.

We know all the concerns from all you guys. However a few things. At no point did we say we were permanently getting rid of the mission. On the contrary in fact. This is a temp situation, which gives us breathing space to deal with some other more important things first. Once these are all sorted we will reevaluate our mission layout for both servers. The key word is patience guys.......

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X