|TG| Arma 2 - 2010 State of the Union

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• |TG| Arma 2 - 2010 State of the Union

In the past year |TG| Arma has seen amazing advances in the realm of tactical game play. ArmA with Ace pushed the boundaries of what was possible with tactical coop. ArmA 2's release continued to refine a model of game play unsurpassed by other games in terms of realism. Ace 2's beta release has given the community a new easier way to receive updates and has given the community almost instantaneous bug fixing. Tactical Gamer has been there all along asking of it's community how we could serve it best.

Now it has come to a time where the Administration had to look at its current methods and call into play some sweeping changes to keep |TG| ArmA at the level that we feel it should be at. ArmA here at |TG| would be nothing without the dedicated mission designers, Pathfinders, and community members all who care for what |TG| is and want to uphold the standards that we have set. Without a dedicated community, this game would fall into disarray and dis and misuse.

With the current state of ArmA and Ace it now comes to a time where we must make some changes. These changes will most likely not happen over night, so we must ask for your patience. Both officially sanctioned |TG| Arma 2 servers will now be passworded. Alpha server will be reserved for scenario based Tactical TvT and CoOp. Bravo server will be used for persistent missions such as Domination, Warfare, Ace Training Grounds etc. Both servers will have the same mission list - we want to offer a server where people could wait for a mission to end on Alpha or try new things. No Admin will stop anyone from running a tactical mission on Bravo.

Fallout has been removed in the short term from the server map list after discussion with Mikee and members of the community. Fallout does deserve a place in our servers, especially after the hard work that went into pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the Arma Engine. Fallout will be allowed back on the server during testing nights until we are all pleased that the mission is at a place where it can be used in general play.

Consider this the new SOP for our servers ladies and gentlemen. As always the Arma Admin Team is always around willing to lend an ear to your thoughts.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: |TG| Arma 2 - 2010 State of the Union

I hope with these changes TG Arma can return to the state it was in around the start of Arma 2 during the summer and early fall. I've seen the quality of gameplay slowly diminishing ever since that period and have seen many quality members leaving the scene either as a result of it or simply because of life matters. The admins have been doing a great job policing the servers but the players themselves have been starting to lack.

Let this hopefully be a chance for TG to rise up again in this new year and regain the position it once held. I've almost had it with the community the way it has been going but can see that this action has the chance of turning it all around.

I sincerely hope I can see some changes which will be better not only for the players, but TG as a whole.

Lets all remember Arma 2 is a milsim game as well, not some run & gun FPS, RPG, RTS, etc...

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

It has been rough ride with one of the severs opening to the public, the influx of new gamers and then more after the PC Gamer article. Then came the TG pack and ace and the islands, we never seemed to catch our breath and let the game settle down. The servers and admins were straining to keep up while the missions and game play deterioated. I am so happy that the brakes have been applied and time is being taken to reflect on where we were headed and corrections and adjustment are being made. Take time to enjoy the great game that we have, there doesnt have to be something new and flashy added each and every day to make the game great. Its good missions with good players working together as team mates to accomlish those missions. Lately there have been missions that were technically great but not condusive to team play but were instead devisive and literally condoned murder, thievery and just plain dirty deeds done cheap. I am proud to be a supporting member and believe in the use of the forums to talk out how we feel with out getting in each others face. If i believe in something I will be as vocal as the next man and not turn my back on this comunity and leave because its not going my way... Now lets go take our time out, come back and get our sh*t together.

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
        In the past year |TG| Arma has seen amazing advances in the realm of tactical game play. ArmA with Ace pushed the boundaries of what was possible with tactical coop. ArmA 2's release continued to refine a model of game play unsurpassed by other games in terms of realism. Ace 2's beta release has given the community a new easier way to receive updates and has given the community almost instantaneous bug fixing. Tactical Gamer has been there all along asking of it's community how we could serve it best.

Now it has come to a time where the Administration had to look at its current methods and call into play some sweeping changes to keep |TG| ArmA at the level that we feel it should be at. ArmA here at |TG| would be nothing without the dedicated mission designers, Pathfinders, and community members all who care for what |TG| is and want to uphold the standards that we have set. Without a dedicated community, this game would fall into disarray and dis and misuse.

With the current state of ArmA and Ace it now comes to a time where we must make some changes. These changes will most likely not happen over night, so we must ask for your patience. Both officially sanctioned |TG| Arma 2 servers will now be passworded. Alpha server will be reserved for scenario based Tactical TvT and CoOp. Bravo server will be used for persistent missions such as Domination, Warfare, Ace Training Grounds etc. Both servers will have the same mission list - we want to offer a server where people could wait for a mission to end on Alpha or try new things. No Admin will stop anyone from running a tactical mission on Bravo.

Fallout has been removed in the short term from the server map list after discussion with Mikee and members of the community. Fallout does deserve a place in our servers, especially after the hard work that went into pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the Arma Engine. Fallout will be allowed back on the server during testing nights until we are all pleased that the mission is at a place where it can be used in general play.

Consider this the new SOP for our servers ladies and gentlemen. As always the Arma Admin Team is always around willing to lend an ear to your thoughts.
        Great post and a much needed step in the right direction.

I think its important to remember that teamwork and making TG the way it once was is about more than just what missions get played on the server but at the end of the day it comes down to having a serious and professional attitude. There is time for joking and messing around but if your in game (unless its a mission designed to be taken lightly) its time for business. People don't play arma for the graphics or the explosions or because it is a particularly good fps there are plenty of other games that a a lot better for those things. They play it because its extremely dynamic and they play it at TG because they want to be part of a team and win as a team. A professional and serious attitude is a hallmark of good teamplay.

So at the end of the day regardless of the steps the admins take the future of TG ultimately rests in us. The TG players. So my suggestion, reread the SoP's, the radio procedure guide and the other bits of literature floating around here and USE THEM, make an attempt to use proper brevity even if it doesn't quite come out right that's ok we have to collectively take steps like this in order for them to work at all. If everyone (myself included) makes an effort to show up with a new attitude and puts the events of the past few days and weeks under the bridge we can capitalize on the new slate the admin team is providing.
        Last edited by Falcon_262; 01-03-2010, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Really nice to hear. Exactly what I liked hearing from the administration :)

We've got A LOT of new players to the community, and it is indeed time to make sure we get the old quality of gameplay back before opening a server to the public again, so that we can focus on getting awesome missions rather than policing people that don't play and act in the way we want everyone to.

And in respect to Falcon's post I want to emphasise that probably ALL of us should read the SOPs and rules once more, since one's perception of them might have changed over time to something that isn't actually written in there. We all need to be on the same page about how things are supposed to work after all, to get the best experience.

Comment

Sound like a great plan and a great time to jump back in with both feet.
            Kudos to the Admin group for keeping their eyes on the prize.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

TG Primer

Standards

SOP's

Links provided for ease.......

Comment

Nice, time to get back ingame like its a full time job. Got tired of pawning in MW2 :)
                FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Sounds good. Sounds very good.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

ArmA2 I think started out in the right direction an TG to me did a straight shot across the board from A1 game play wise. It's been my experience though un-pw'd servers left un regulated will lead to caos, you all remember what ArmA1 release was like. Any ways all in all the last few months for me here as a pubbie have been up an down an TG is still for the most part my 1st an only choice when looking for somewhere to play, thanx to TG an admin team. Game On fellas.
                    "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
                    "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
                    Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                      Both officially sanctioned |TG| Arma 2 servers will now be passworded. Alpha server will be reserved for scenario based Tactical TvT and CoOp. Bravo server will be used for persistent missions such as Domination, Warfare, Ace Training Grounds etc. Both servers will have the same mission list - we want to offer a server where people could wait for a mission to end on Alpha or try new things. No Admin will stop anyone from running a tactical mission on Bravo.
                      Hi admins. Just curious, when will Bravo be passworded? I think I saw it locked at one point, but now it is open again...

Comment

Unfortunately we won't be able to put a specific date on it right now, but it will happen in the near future.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X