Steam: Not Updating ArmA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam: Not Updating ArmA?

Hey, there, folks. I'm new to the community. Now, onto my main concern.

I have the Steam version of ArmA II. I had it set to automatically find any updates, but it seems that it didn't do it yet for ArmA II, and my game's version is behind what everyone else is playing. I'm currently trying to manually install the patch, but I would like to know if this is a bad decision? Would anything go wrong with the patch that would otherwise break my game? Or should I have no worries and proceed with the installation?

Re: Steam: Not Updating ArmA?

manually updating should be fine.. don't take my word but i don't think it'll hurt

Comment

1.05 can be safely installed on the Steam version, according to devs. I suspect the bandwidth issues from previous Steam patches (basically redownloading the whole game) were the reason for discontinuing Steam updates.
      The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Go ahead and install the patch. Just turn off automatic updates in Steam for the game untill Steam catches up. Also, you wont be able to verify file cache either but aside from that you should be good to go. Myself and others have had no problems with patching it outside of Steam.
        The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

Yeah I have the steam version as well and they are still on the fence with releasing the update for some reason. There is no problem in installing the 1.5 patch manually. They that puppy updated and get on the server!
          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...