Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster way to download CAA1?

Howdy.
    I cant find CAA1 as a single file anywhere ive looked. The armaholic pagelinks to an ftp server which requires 10000 clicks to get everything. Is there a single file somewhere with them all combined? Id use yoma but i get very slow speeds from it :(
    Nihility

Re: Faster way to download CAA1?

afaik you have to download each pbo for caa1, the official source for it is yoma i think

Comment

Try reading the Caa1 site again for the link to download the entire package via the torrent. I tried to post it for you but user rights for someone who rarely posts stopped me.

Best wishes,
      Tom

Comment

ok a little off topic but its also not worth starting a new thread for. what is "afaik" (im new to the whole forum thing so im still learning acronyms) i see it alot.
        "Lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll!" - Venom, 'Black Metal'

Comment

"As far as I know".

Comment

So... I downloaded CAA1 but can't get the path to work right. What target am I putting into my arma 2 shortcut to launch it properly? It installs default from yoma to a folder called 'x' not '@x' or '@caa1' and I tried moving the contents of 'x' to an '@caa1' like they recommend on the webpage, but that didn't work -either-. So serious question. How do you get these maps to load once you have them downloaded?

Sahrani worked once for me, but then crashed after 30s of play probably due to a missing object in a folder I moved improperly or something like that.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
            -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

honestly dude, when i downloaded CAA1 i didn't change anything and mine works flawlessly so i really don't know what u did.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse1 View Post
                Try reading the Caa1 site again for the link to download the entire package via the torrent. I tried to post it for you but user rights for someone who rarely posts stopped me.

Best wishes,
                Tom
                Cheers Tom but torrents are like yoma for me....slooooooooow.

Took me 3 weeks of over night downloading to get an 8gb file before. My upload speed is usually triple that of my download and if i limit the upload speed my download speed dies in proportion. Crafty pro seeding software :D
                Nihility

Comment

@Hank use this short cut [email protected];x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1; but if you use yoma there's a catch you need to manually putt into caa1 folder addons and put there all files from folders in caa1(yes this breaks structure but when Kiju no longer updating the project it isn't problem any more).What i see Kiju in lates relase has changed a folder structure for the mod as it seems it being modular now you can turn on/off most off it.
                  That was the easy way and now the right one:
                  mod=x\caa1\ArmA_PlantsClassic;x\caa1\ArmA_Campaign _Animation;x\caa1\ArmA_Objects;x\caa1\ArmA_Objects CTI;x\caa1\ArmA_VehicleFeatures;x\caa1\ArmA_Vehicl es;x\caa1\ArmA_WorldIntros;x\caa1\ArmA_Worlds;x\ca a1\Extra_Worlds;x\caa1\QG_Objects;x\caa1\QG_Worlds ;x\oac\oac_core
                  as you can see it is a long one and there's you are out of place in your modline so u need a batch file how to do it:
                  http://www.computerhope.com/batch.htm

Glad to help
                  Dread out.

Aha if any of you lads got old stand alone ver of CAA1 and use addonsynch2009 to "update" u dont update anything!Cos all your addons are in caa1/addons and addonsynch2009 updating the mod in Caa1/folder see above.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X