New Blood = New Troops!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blood = New Troops!

Guys over this month I have seen many new members joinup and learn the way of the Tactical Gamer. I dont know how many other people have thought about this but, I think we should start training and drilling ops regularly. I feel that there are many out there that have the potential to lead but feel they dont know enough about the game yet that they could do this effectively, Im not sure if we still have a Drill Sergeant with the Armed Assault Division of TG but I know a few who are very good teachers, or my myself am a fast paced learner and a very easy person to learn from. I know Im still new here at TG but this seems like a good opportunity to teach the new Players and encourage them new techniques and strategies to give them an advantage.

I myself would love it if we could have a few training missions that took place somewhere in Chern and there would be various training exercises around the map that would require some logistics officers to provide transport and provide an opportunity for some new drivers to hone there skills under simulated live fire sessions and what not. THIS IS ARMA2 A GAME, this means we can take training to a whole new level unlike real life training, live fire combat scenarios and what not.

please leave me with your thoughts on this

Re: New Blood = New Troops!

Experience is as good as teacher as any book

Comment

We are looking into running another Basic Infantry Course soon.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Just don't replace the regular gameplay with training ops - as someone who has come from several "Realism" units I can attest to how disruptive and unnecessary much of the training is. The typical TG gamer knows more about military tactics than members of the realism clans I have been a part of - why? We do 100x more ops here, more experience, while the clans are focused on training training training with a single odd op every 3-4 weeks. If you are going to do training, please make it optional, and please don't reserve the server which could otherwise be running co-op or tvt ops.

I think a more condensed version of dys's combat manual could be useful (perhaps personally sent to each person who signs up in the "i'm new here" thread) - the most basic things to know are effective engagement ranges, slope defenses, hull down position, silhouetting, maneuver by base of fire etc. Don't get me wrong I think dys manual is great, but most people lack the discipline to sit down and read something of that length. Even those who do are not privy to it due to lack of visibility. I think we should personally email links to resources like that and by word of mouth recommend them.

P.S. I would really like to practice radio procedures so it becomes automatic in my mind. The basic radio stuff is easy, but I have yet to internalize the proper 9 line format for CAS or call procedures for calling in fire missions. Practice makes memory.

Comment

A simple way to get training done is to "do it on the job". Before you are in the middle of a tense firefight, go over various things with your squad (even if MOST are not new, if there is even ONE new player, hell, someone you don't recognize, DO IT); the formations you will use, weapons conditions and what they mean, reaction to contact, etc.

This way everyone is on the same page as to what you expect, and you can expect everyone to know what you are talking about.

Comment

Beita is making a very good point. The basic infantry training is a good start, but it can't cover all situations, and repetition helps people remember. To tell people why and how to do things during the course of a mission is really nice, and can be a very constructive way to spend a flight, a truck ride, or a long march.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
              A simple way to get training done is to "do it on the job". Before you are in the middle of a tense firefight, go over various things with your squad (even if MOST are not new, if there is even ONE new player, hell, someone you don't recognize, DO IT); the formations you will use, weapons conditions and what they mean, reaction to contact, etc.

This way everyone is on the same page as to what you expect, and you can expect everyone to know what you are talking about.
              Perfect answer. I do this whenever I see names I don't recognize, even if it gets as basic as which key is for compass or how to lower their weapon.

Comment

ill continue guiding the new guys as a squad leader and would be happy to help in any training events. Just dont be shy to ask for help from any experienced member im sure they'd be glad to help
                If you wanna find me off TG
                Xbox live- fusionpo0
                Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
                Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                  I agree with beita. I think the best type of training gamers can get is when their playing the mission and learning at the same time. I think mabye a really basic course would be useful to acclimate the new players to the style of gameplay. But other than that, I think they will learn alot from the way the regualrs conduct themselves during the missions, even if you arn't trying to teach them at the moment. We influence the new gamers alot, so remember to act professional.
                  |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                  Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                  And yet the menace of the years
                  Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

Well everyone i had an occurence tonight that had to do with what some of you are saying, Teach them on the run.
                    This only works if the person wants to hear you lecture them.
                    I tried giving an on the run in depth Radio protocol lesson and he ended up bixckering with the CO of the mission, which you never ever do. Or you tell who ever is giving you the advice to F*** off and" let me play the game how i wanna play it"
                    so there needs to be a quite serious introduction to TG for all those new to join, or a mandatory thing that you read.

Comment

Give his name to the admins and let them deal with him

Comment

Originally posted by waldo170 View Post
                        there needs to be a quite serious introduction to TG for all those new to join, or a mandatory thing that you read.
                        Hey waldo you should check HERE i think that has what you are looking for. We have SOPs and must reads but no one reads them. Maybe you can help and direct new players to the link :D
                        Last edited by Dredge; 01-07-2010, 04:43 AM.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

SOP's are mandatory
                          Last edited by Boondocksaint; 01-07-2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waldo170 View Post
                            Well everyone i had an occurence tonight that had to do with what some of you are saying, Teach them on the run.
                            This only works if the person wants to hear you lecture them.
                            I tried giving an on the run in depth Radio protocol lesson and he ended up bixckering with the CO of the mission, which you never ever do. Or you tell who ever is giving you the advice to F*** off and" let me play the game how i wanna play it"
                            so there needs to be a quite serious introduction to TG for all those new to join, or a mandatory thing that you read.
                            Hello waldo170

I believe I was in that particular game you have mentioned. I was the one that talked/chat to you via Side Channel (blue color text) in game.
                            If there were another person that was disruptive as stated please PM me the players name in question without typing it here,that would be much appreciated.

Also, in the future. Should you come across any issues in the game that needs our attention. You are more than welcome to post in this thread.
                            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...contact-admin/
                            It is kept confidential from the public.

Welcome to ArmA side of TG.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Yeah great post , we should do that. I think people going out of formation and not having safe weapons is a big problem to a mission.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X