TrackIR adjustment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackIR adjustment

I'm not sure why this took me so long to "get," but TrackIR adjustments can be fine tuned so easily...

Opening the Advanced Options and looking at the X-Y curve, there are checkboxes above it with all 6 axes of motion, and a dropdown with the same axes. The dropdown determines which axes is being edited in the X-Y curve representation, and the checkboxes determine which axes are allowed to move at the moment.

Soooo... pretend you're like me and you hate that unintentional leaning while you run, and you googled once to find which axis causes that movement but you forgot because it was months ago. Just untick all the checkboxes. Then recheck one and move your head in a lean. Did TrackIR follow? Ok, if it didn't then disable that checkbox and check the next one. Eventually, you will find that it's the X axis that causes leaning. Nice. So noww to make your tweaks without having all the other directions of movement messing with you, make adjustments with ONLY the X axis checkbox ticked. Make adjustments to the X axis by selecting the X axis in the dropdown and tweak the X-Y curve (and give yourself a nice deadzone in the middle, like I did). You can use the pre-made "curve templates" but there aren't many and they tend to be way too fast for me. I advise doing it yourself for each axis and you can save the curve template if you wish with the "+ button (saving a curve template is not required, the settings of all your axes tweaks will be saved when you save your profile by clicking the floppy disk icon when you're finished with all of your adjustments).

The biggest thing I didn't understand: by unticking all but one checkbox, you can isolate one axis and fine-tune that single axis much more easily (tick only the check box for the same axis you are editing in the dropdown).

No idea why I didn't figure this out months ago, been playing with slightly less than ideal setup for a long time. I did one successful tweak a long time ago but found it too hard and didn't try much after that, but it's really easy now that I "get" it.

Re: TrackIR adjustment

Yeah 2nd session I played ARMA2 with my trackerir5, i turned of lean and zoom, mainly because it cause your guy stamina to degrade quickly.

Comment

Re: TrackIR adjustment

Yeah need to get a track IR sometime.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse