New Ace Stuff....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ace Stuff....

Has anyone noticed the hidden big things that are being brought to bear?

I swear no joke they added fast roping to everything and i believe its no longer a module... Im not 100% sure on this however...

Add whatever anyone else finds...

(PS admins delete this thread and tell me if I should have posted elsewhere....)

Re: New Ace Stuff....

well now i am a 100% sure on this fastroping in multiplayer!!!!
    does anyone know how it works????

Comment

Well, I have yet to try it but if it's like the fast-rope system we used in the TGModpack when the helo slow to a proper speed and altitude the gunner/passengers have the option in the action menu to deploy the ropes and the passengers automatically rope down. Earlier versions had a few bugs, like the helo stopping abruptly in mid-air (usually causing the pilot to lose control of the helo), the ropes not detaching/retracting after the operation (stopping that particular helo from using fast-ropes again) and force-aligning the helo to the ground (causing the pilot to lose control if the surface was not flat, and possibly killing the fast-roping soldiers).
      The latest version we used solved all these bugs, but as I said I don't know if it's the same mod. ;)
      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Just be at 20m from ground or a little less.

And a option will apear if you are the pilot ^^

Comment

Yeah thankyou guys, when i was testing it out with rearden i would deploy the ropes and he would be pushed out down the ropes but his descent would not be slow and he would die at the end of the rope... any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by waldo170 View Post
            Yeah thankyou guys, when i was testing it out with rearden i would deploy the ropes and he would be pushed out down the ropes but his descent would not be slow and he would die at the end of the rope... any ideas?
            Hmm I've seen it work properly, but it requires the heli to be at low altitude and, like you said, the pilot initiates the action and the players are "pushed out" of the heli (which I hated, very disorienting and made me feel violated *sniff*).

I saw an entire squad successfully rope out of an MH-60S, so not sure how you're dying.

Comment

Also new is the new range adjustment for under-barrel grenade launchers. Keys are customisable if you have updated your userconfig folder (http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...nfigs-ace.html). Seems you just set the range, aim your ironsights and fire. Better than the old method which required you to look at the sky. I've been experimenting with it and it seems it sets the range of the ironsight, so you can then fine tune your aim by aiming slightly higher and lower.
              "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
              So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
              tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
              tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
              tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
              tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Range adjustment for underbarrel launchers have been in for a long time, but the keybind was messed up for a while I think. Works like a charm though, and supports both direct and indirect fire.

A fun thing one can do is first shoot a round indirectly at the range your target is at, start counting the seconds while reloading, then at 9-11 seconds you fire again but do a direct shot this time. Both grenades will impact more or less simultanously.

Comment

Inkompetent, just to make clear, im not talking about the hint that pops up in white and red that lets you know at what range your grenade will fall as you move your weapon up and down. I mean the system by where you press up and down (or whatever the default keys are) and it alters the range in 50m increments (up to a max of 400) in the top left, so you can then aim directly at the target with the gl sight.
                  "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                  So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                  tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                  tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                  tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                  tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Ohhh... That's what I get for not reading the post properly. Shame on me! ^^

Comment

ACE fastroping should not be used, period. The rope is a giant ugly nylon textured telephone pole descending from the bottom of a vehicle which has no visible roping pylons. ADukes Helos has an excelent roping model which ACE2 should really consider implementing, once the vehicles in that particular addon are compatible with ARMA2 1.5 patch (currently an AI pilot error and crash resulting from it).

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                      -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Don't use it because it looks ugly? :\

Does it work? If so, why wouldn't you use it?

Comment

yeah if it works then why not use it, and if its a telephone pole then how does it animate it falling down and coiling up at the bottom???? or am i just seeing things

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X