• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isla Duala version 1.0 released and Nome Winter island released

Hey,
    update to Isla Duala v1.0 was just released. List of changes:

New in v1.0:

- ibr_rn.pbo is no longer required (dependency removed)
    - added SBP Camp Noobia training facility with: jogging course, obstacle course, driving school, shooting range (250-400m), bomb practice area, tactics range with house (to train flanking and overbounding), guard house on top of hill with great overview of the base and ambush alley (long road with fake settlement at the end). Hopefully A2 squad C/Os will find it useful
    - added houses that spawn ALICE module civilians, modules should be working like on Chernarus now
    - different ground types now sound differently and bullet hits also sound diferrently
    - added a dirtroad from central bridge to Djolan, for Afrenian border patrol purposes
    - added new config for 12 major towns to make map compatible with Warfare and spawn modules
    - got rid of the missing black.pac file error
    - improved Afrene Airport with added fence, new administration building and parking lot
    - added street lamps in all major towns
    - removed bargates from border, mission makers can make their own now
    - added a dirt road on W isle leading to ruins
    - runways and roads drawn to satellite map
    - added intro (tnx W0lle!) to main menu when Isla Duala is active
    - added couple of town road signs at major crossroads to help players that get lost
    - river crossings without bridges now have high-tide warning signs
    - all four airports feature ILS and AI can use them (hopefully, 2 of them are pretty small!)
    - fix: AI with C130 can now take off from Afrenian airport without crashing
    - fixed bunch rpt errors in ibr_dtowns and ibr_plants (can be used for Island Panthera too!)
    - added more savannah vegetation to the dull north areas, cut down couple of trees from roads
    note: Molatian and Afrenian Armies are released separately.

Let's update :).

Website link: http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...id=3679&game=1

----------------------------------------------------------

Nome Winter island released!

It is based on Nome area in Alaska. I haven't test it yet...

Beton wrote:

Hi all,

Id like to inform you about the release of a new small Island.

First his island was made mostly for testing textures and objects.

After a while i decided to make it a little nicer and release it. The island is inspired by the area around Nome in Alaska. Its a fictional island which is not far from the coast, so you can see the "virtual coast" at the horizon.

The map is quite small (about 4x4km) with the Island in the middle. You can find two small settlements and a lighthouse connected by a small road. The island is mostly covered with snow and snowy gravel and has many rocky areas but no bigger mountains.

There is not much, but mostly custom vegetation and the bumpy ground and the rocks may give good cover for infantry. I hope you enjoy exploring the island. If you want to intensify the the winterfeeling use NIM dynamic weather. If you find any bugs or have suggestions leave me a message, there might be a followup version if it is wanted by the community.

Website link: http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...id=3676&game=1

Re: Isla Duala version 1.0 released and Nome Winter island released

I don't know if we really need a winter map... only if we get some snow units...

but we NEED that update for Duala!!!

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
      I don't know if we really need a winter map... only if we get some snow units...

but we NEED that update for Duala!!!
      I'm just posting information about winter map, because its interesting looking.

However, Isla Duala... new version is out :).

Comment

Is converting missions over to the new version as simple as replacing the island files? Will terrain mesh differences (if there are any) cause issues?

Comment

Originally posted by cctoide View Post
          Is converting missions over to the new version as simple as replacing the island files? Will terrain mesh differences (if there are any) cause issues?
          Depends. If it's only a few new bushes here and there and some trees you won't probably have to do anything, but if they've touched the elevation map, replaced some huge-ass rocks, renewed some rivers etc.. you get the idea :row__573:

edit: oh I see, we even had a list of the fixes in the op. Judging by that it should work straight out of the box.

Comment

Well, yes, I understand that, I'm just hoping that a .01 version number increment doesn't mean anything too drastic. :p Judging from the changelog he's just finished up Camp Noobia and added some roads, so elevation should still be the same. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Comment

We will update Dula on monday.
              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X