Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely Unofficial Event - Friday Night @ 7:00pm EST

Untern Lehrgangen

This mission has been criticized after being tackled by an all-nighter-crew and taking a full 7.5 hours to beat as being "too long."

I think it can be beaten in 2 hours, and I'm excited to try.

I've made some modifications to this KidDynamite mission that will fix some of the primary complaints: spawning with proper gear for each role, gear will not disappear from teammates corpses, sufficient ammo supply, some air transport assets, ammo trucks will refill all ammo magazines. This will not be a human wave attack, where are assets are burning and infantry walk 5km for a single Javelin missile (there are a few players who know what I'm referring to).

Rally on Alpha at around 7:00pm EST tonight (Friday 1/15) and please help me get this mission voted. It's JIP for up to 34 players. I realize that 7pm is late for London and early for the West Coast, but if there is interest I would like to see this mission go down in record time. The mission involves a full mechanized OpFor battalion, so there's plenty to go around. Assets include several Strykers, one with the biggest gun you've ever seen (aka BellyDancer).

Falcon, Scope, I know this is your favorite so don't miss it.

If the mission isn't complete after 2 hours, then those dirty OpFor win and I'll call it a draw.

Leave a reply if you can make it, or just show up. If there aren't enough players (need around 20 minimum) then I'll delay for some other weekend and try again.

This is completely unofficial. Admins, let me know if I'm intruding on reserved server time and we can edit this post.

*EDIT*

WARNING: BE SURE to use Yoma's AddOn Sync "Delete Extra Files" button. If you haven't done this and are collecting the old junk files from previous ACE distributions, you will crash-to-desktop on this map (and several others).

Mission details below:

COOP. Seize control of three increasingly distant and increasingly well defended areas. Region is defended by a mechanized battalion with air assets. Expect up to 600 enemy infantry supported by BMPs, BTRs, Vodniks, T-72/90s.

Obj 1: Seize a border crossing and town (Grishino). Border crossing is heavily mined. Main assault route expected to be well defended with static emplacements and armor. Flanking assaults will need to find a safe way through minefield.

Obj 2: Seize enemy artillery. Several square kilometer area to search for enemy artillery assets. Heavily wooded areas. Distance between Obj 1 and Obj 2 is approximately 5km drive. Expect convoy movement to be harassed. We have just seized a border town (Obj 1) and the enemy will not appreciate our presence.

Obj 3: Seize enemy airfield and adjacent town (Krasnostav). Small town with little elevation change and scarce cover.

Assets:

Stryker - M2 12.7mm HB (MHQ) ammobox, teleport from base
    Stryker - M2 12.7mm HB
    Stryker - Mk19 (aka Cookie Monster)
    Stryker MGS (aka Bell Dancer) - 7.62mm M240, 105mm cannon (loaded with HEAT-T for lightly armored targets and APFSDS-T SABOT round with depleted uranium dart for heavier armor)

HMWWV Mk19 (aka Oscar)
    HMWWV TOW

UH-1Y Venom
    MH-60S Knighthawk

MTVRs Repair, Ammo, Fuel

Technical details:

Engineers can repair any wrecked vehicle with the repair truck. The only vehicles that will magically respawn are the repair truck and the MH-60s. All other assets will need to be secured and repaired.
    Last edited by 1longtime; 01-15-2010, 04:22 PM.

Re: Extremely Unofficial Event - Friday Night @ 7:00pm EST

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
    Untern Lehrgangen

This mission has been criticized after being tackled by an all-nighter-crew and taking a full 7.5 hours to beat as being "too long."

I think it can be beaten in 2 hours, and I'm excited to try.

I've made some modifications to this KidDynamite mission that will fix some of the primary complaints: spawning with proper gear for each role, gear will not disappear from teammates corpses, sufficient ammo supply, some air transport assets, ammo trucks will refill all ammo magazines. This will not be a human wave attack, where are assets are burning and infantry walk 5km for a single Javelin missile (there are a few players who know what I'm referring to).

Rally on Alpha at around 7:00pm EST and please help me get this mission voted. It's JIP for up to 34 players. I realize that 7pm is late for London and early for the West Coast, but if there is interest I would like to see this mission go down in record time. The mission involves a full mechanized OpFor battalion, so there's plenty to go around. Assets include several Strykers, one with the biggest gun you've ever seen (aka BellyDancer).

Falcon, Scope, I know this is your favorite so don't miss it.

If the mission isn't complete after 2 hours, then those dirty OpFor win and I'll call it a draw.

Leave a reply if you can make it, or just show up. If there aren't enough players (need around 20 minimum) then I'll delay for some other weekend and try again.

This is completely unofficial. Admins, let me know if I'm intruding on reserved server time and we can edit this post.
    What is the mission about?

Comment

im interested in giving it a whirl and i dont see any reason why i cant make it.
      "Lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll!" - Venom, 'Black Metal'

Comment

Oh I'm so freaking in. 5km Javelin treks ftl. But a good mission. Is the enemy jet still way-pointed to crash into the RV Respawn Stryker?

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
        -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

I may be around at 7..if not then I'll be a JIP by 8 or so (EST)
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I will try to be there.

Comment

I'll try to make it. Depends on what's going on with the wife and kids around that time. If I'm not there at 1900EST I'll be on ASAP.

For anyone who has never played this mission, IT IS A BLAST!! There is plenty of action and lots of surprises.

What happened to the goal of 90 minutes there Longtime?? ;)

Comment

Could Possibly go... depends on my schedule tonight. id really like to try this out.

Comment

I should be able to be there if nothing comes up. Last time I was in this one the server desynced when we were finally out of the base.

Comment

Ill be there.

Comment

doesnt look like i can be there, wife is giving me a hard time. "since your not spending any time with me saturday or sunday your spending time with me tonight!!"

blah.
                      "Lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll!" - Venom, 'Black Metal'

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                        What is the mission about?
                        I just edited the top post with mission details.

Originally posted by Gungnir View Post
                        What happened to the goal of 90 minutes there Longtime?? ;)
                        Arma is a helluva drug. People will say anything once the creature gets ahold of ya.

Originally posted by RagingHate View Post
                        doesnt look like i can be there, wife is giving me a hard time. "since your not spending any time with me saturday or sunday your spending time with me tonight!!"
                        A wise choice grasshopper.

Comment

Wouldn't miss it for the world. See you there, longtime!

Comment

Seems like I'm not too tired despite the time, so one more to join the event! :D

Comment

Thanks all for showing up and making that mission happen.

No, we didn't beat it in 2 hours, but I think we left about 300 corpses and 40 burned out Russian vehicles. Plus we liberated Grishino!

I posted an AAR for this. Please add what you thought, and thanks again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X