Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preparation for the Sunday event - Jan 17th.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparation for the Sunday event - Jan 17th.

I am your commander. My callsign is Dimitrius.

Please introduce yourself to me so that I might know my personnel before we begin. The mission is entirely new to me, I have not played it before. I do not have any doubt that you will help me make this platoon battleready.

Commanders requests.

I would like these people to introduce themselves to me, let me know if your call sign is the same as your TS ID, what do you expect out of me? Feel free to do so even if I do not list you.

-353rd Squad lead.
    -303rd Squad lead.
    -All others who show interest in squad lead.
    -All others who show interest in Supporting Officer postitions. (Platoon Sgt. etc.)
    -Anyone who wishes to be known.

Though I am confident in my capabilities to lead a group of TG soldiers, I am new to the ARMA2 command. If any experienced TG commanders would volunteer for platoon officer positions I would greatly appreciate that. This will help mitigate the most important certainty. That certainty is that things will go wrong and at times, descend into temporary chaos. With an experienced command under my wing I can count on reliable crisis management. I can also delegate transport, support, and repair communication, and squad level orders. It would be too much for one commander to communicate with the squad leads of everyone in such a large platoon.

This thread will help me communicate with you and prepare for the upcoming mission.

Once again, I am Dimitrius, I am your commanding Officer, and I am at your service.

Trust in me and your commanding officers and we will keep you alive.

Now sound off and Semper TG.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Prelimenary assisngments.

CO - Dimitrius
    XO - Krause(Tyrspawn)

SQUAD LEADS

Armored/Mobile Squad -Arcto
    +Hank Rearden

Special Operations - 353rd SOG - 1st JTOC - Godfather
    FT - *Panthers*
    FT - *Ghost Riders*

Special Operations - 303rd - (Undefined)
    +raginghate

Infantry Squad One -(Undefined)

Infantry Squad Two -(Undefined)

Support/Repair/Refuel/Rearm - (Undefined)

Air Support(Fixed wing) - (Undefined)

Air Support(Helo - Transport) -(Undefined)

Air Support(Helo - Attack) -(Undefined)

Sniper/Spotter -(Undefined)
    Last edited by Dimitrius; 01-15-2010, 03:49 PM.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Preparation for the Sunday event - Jan 17th.

great post. I'm with the 1st VTOC and I think we'll have a contingent from the 1st on board during the mission.

I've been away for a while so I'm not taking up a leadership role at this time. However I do want to say thanks for such a proactive approach on your part. I'm sure you'll do fine. Thanks for stepping up !!
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Howdy mate.

|TG-Irr| Arcto here. Id be interested in squad lead or possibly armor command/driver. Can also be supporting staff in the HQ squad. Whatever ya need :)
      Nihility

Comment

Adept reporting in

I'm up for SL unless theres a pilot slot going :)

Also what is the mission?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
          Howdy mate.

|TG-Irr| Arcto here. Id be interested in squad lead or possibly armor command/driver. Can also be supporting staff in the HQ squad. Whatever ya need :)

Arcto 2 things.

Is your name in game Arcto and are you capable of leading an armored squad if we have one? Also, were you in game with me last weekend during our attempt at Suntan map?

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I am a grunt... grunts know their ftl, sl and 1st sgt. They dont want the sgt maj or the co to know their name. I carry out orders and try to stay alive.

Comment

Willing to lead at any level required. My in-game callsign is beta, however in TS\forum\wherever-"beta"-is-taken it's beita.

From the event thread: "Operation Syracuse".

Any intel on what this is composed of? What is our organization? What are our assets? What is the enemy like? Sounds like you have read a briefing or something similar as you are implying a "large platoon". Posting some of the details would help to get a discussion going.

Would be awesome to know before the event so leadership roles could be decided on or at least discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                Willing to lead at any level required. My in-game callsign is beta, however in TS\forum\wherever-"beta"-is-taken it's beita.

From the event thread: "Operation Syracuse".

Any intel on what this is composed of? What is our organization? What are our assets? What is the enemy like? Sounds like you have read a briefing or something similar as you are implying a "large platoon". Posting some of the details would help to get a discussion going.

Would be awesome to know before the event so leadership roles could be decided on or at least discussed.
                I'm working on it. Preliminary intelligence is spotty at the moment. Once ImINT, SigINT, and forward recon reports in, I will have more information for the platoon. Check back with this post for a further edit. You will know it has been updated because I will timestamp the subject line with an update.

I will not metagame, I will only explain what is known.

Expect a response sometime in the next 24 hours.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Willing and eager to lead in any capacity. Ingame name is H. Rearden. I lean towards armour/logistics/wheeled with an emphasis on driving (Got a steering wheel and pedals).

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                  -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                    Arcto 2 things.

Is your name in game Arcto and are you capable of leading an armored squad if we have one? Also, were you in game with me last weekend during our attempt at Suntan map?
                    Suntan.....im lousy with mission names :)

Yeah ive led armour squads before on pig chow (twice, no losses and a map win) so i wouldnt mind doing it.
                    Arcto is my in game name...and my other schizophrenic persona.

EDIT: If hanks being ok'd for armor driver id like to grab him please :P If thats ok with you hank...
                    Nihility

Comment

I'll drive anything or operate as subordinate vehicle commander in any unit.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                      -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Rearden View Post
                        I'll drive anything or operate as subordinate vehicle commander in any unit.
                        Youve obviously never been in any of my infamous upside down tanks XD
                        Nihility

Comment

Let me correct Grunt in saying that the 1st JTOC will be present with a squad of 6 men. the 1st will be playing as a squad and not seperated. we are making a return after being on vacation and such. Good luck to you in the event and don't let us down :)
                          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

in game name [tgsad] Raginghate

looks like im the first 303rd member to represent. yee haw.
                            "Lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll!" - Venom, 'Black Metal'

Comment

Dimitri I am 353 lead "Godfather" have 2 sub Squads in the 353rd SOG the 17th SOS (Panther) who are ground operators (Recon, taken out HVT, And mainly callling in airstrikes), and the 4th SOS "Ghost Riders) who conduct all Air ops. Let me know what you need us to do or hit me up on TS

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X