Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prerequsits for Tactical Gamer Question 1.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prerequsits for Tactical Gamer Question 1.

I will be conducting a few polls to gather some metrics on how players feel about the technical side of joining the ARMA servers.

How much data would YOU be willing to download to ensure you are able to play on a tactical gamer server if you had to do a blank install?
    <10MB
    0.00%
    <100MB
    1.27%
    <500MB
    1.27%
    <1G
    11.39%
    <3GB
    11.39%
    Anything rquired to play
    74.68%

Re: Prerequsits for Tactical Gamer Question 1.

I answered "Anything required to play" because:
    1) I've got a broadband so it's no big deal
    2) I don't do blank installs very often so I'd have to do it very rarely, most likely only once or twice.
    3) I assume "anything" is still a reasonable amount, and it is used to bring new quality content,

Comment

I voted 1gb, mainly because I have a decent internet connection and as such I can download 1gb in an afternoon, but at the same time I would like to be able to actually surf the internet while downloading (since I can't leave my pc on during the night)
      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Seeing as i have a steam version <3GB is a joke. Im looking at about 9GB to play on Tg from a blank install :)
        Nihility

Comment

Soupy, you could always back your ArmA2 up to a disk so then you don't have to re download for long periods of time.
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
            Soupy, you could always back your ArmA2 up to a disk so then you don't have to re download for long periods of time.
            Thats what i did when i formatted over xmas :D

But steam reinstall from blank would be horrific.
            Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
              I answered "Anything required to play" because:
              1) I've got a broadband so it's no big deal
              2) I don't do blank installs very often so I'd have to do it very rarely, most likely only once or twice.
              3) I assume "anything" is still a reasonable amount, and it is used to bring new quality content,
              I am with Fincuan...

Comment

I voted <1 Gb. I think the amount of downloading required is getting kinda ridiculous. Do we need 18 different islands?

I mean I've got a fiber connection but I've only got so much room on my SSD.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

3gb because size is workable for up to 10gb, but more to the point is i want a check and balance as to what is put in is what is most efficient.

Comment

I would download any amount of data - please add more custom content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X