Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

    Hello everyone,

    The Admin team is happy to announce that we are now rolling in elements of CAA1 onto the servers. This week's update includes the maps Afghan Village and Avgani. When setting up a target line or Yoma Mod Profile it is very important to follow the following setup. The CAA1 maps and objects are located in a folder called "x" on Yoma. Be sure to click on that folder in Yoma so you download the maps.

    Please make sure to activate your mods in the following order or else CAA1 will not work!

    ACE Mods --->Sound Mods/Client-side Mods ---> ALL CAA1 Mod folders (under "x")


    For example: [email protected];@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;x\caa1\arma _objects;x\caa1\arma_objectscti;x\ caa1\arma_plantsclassic;x\oac\oac_core

    Nothing should separate the CAA1 mod folders or it will not work.

    Semper TG,

    ACOGRecon


    direct ftp download link: here
    Last edited by socomseal93; 01-18-2010, 08:01 PM. Reason: additional download link




    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

  • #2
    Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

    Make sure you have this in your shortcut


    @ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;@cba;@csm2;@tgmaps;x \caa1\arma_objects;x\caa1\arma_objectscti;x\caa1\a rma_plantsclassic;x\caa1\qg_objects;x\oac\oac_core
    Last edited by Dredge; 01-18-2010, 02:31 PM.

    [unit][squadl][command2]

    KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

      The best map from ArmA is back!!

      Really love Avgani, ty admins for this :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

        what if you start the game via Yoma ???
        Do you then only add a modset ??

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

          You can update your current modset by double clicking on it




          "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

            Alternate Option

            1. Create a folder called "@CAA1" in your Arma2 directory
            2. Create a subfolder called "AddOns" (within "@CAA1")
            3. Copy (Ctrl+C) all the addons files (.pbo & .bisign) from "x" folder & "oac" folder.
            4. Paste (Ctrl+V) into newly created "AddOns" subfolder of "@CAA1"
            5. Copy & paste the keys into the "Keys" folder of your Arma2 directory.
            6. Add "@CAA1" into your target box within your Arma2 shortcut.

            Do not delete your downloaded "x" or "oac" contents/folder from your Arma2 directory.
            Or you'll redownload the whole update again next time you launch to check.

            *this method will keep your "x" folder within your Arma2 directory (back up & as current)

            I have all my relavent CAA1 addons in that folder also.
            (reason: why not keep thing into their relavent folders)

            Target line example:
            Non-Steam
            "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" [email protected];@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@TGmaps;@CA A1
            Hope this helped
            Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 01-18-2010, 02:36 PM. Reason: additional information

            TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

            Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

            "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

              Originally posted by Hogdriver View Post
              what if you start the game via Yoma ???
              Do you then only add a modset ??
              What about launching through Yoma? Can you still do that?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

                Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                Alternate Option

                1. Create a folder called "@CAA1" in your Arma2 directory
                2. Create a subfolder called "AddOns" (within "@CAA1")
                3. Copy (Ctrl+C) all the addons files (.pbo & .bisign) from "x" folder & "oac" folder.
                4. Paste (Ctrl+V) into newly created "AddOns" subfolder of "@CAA1"
                5. Copy & paste the keys into the "Keys" folder of your Arma2 directory.
                6. Add "@CAA1" into your target box within your Arma2 shortcut.

                Do not delete your downloaded "x" or "oac" contents/folder from your Arma2 directory.
                Or you'll redownload the whole update again next time you launch to check.

                *this method will keep your "x" folder within your Arma2 directory (back up & as current)

                I have all my relavent CAA1 addons in that folder also.
                (reason: why not keep thing into their relavent folders)

                Target line example:
                Non-Steam


                Hope this helped
                I would recommend Steam users do this. Steam will start launching the game with out any addons and ignore your Target line after too much is added to the Target line.

                /Took me awhile to figure out why Arma was starting in vanilla mode after this latest update and line change.
                The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

                  No update to ACE2? They are up to version 220, some fairly major stamina/fatigue fixes.

                  EDIT:

                  Heh, spoke too soon it appears (or DID I) :p

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

                    Thanks lowspeed, with your suggestion I can continue to use my Arma loader.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

                      With pleasure Chief

                      TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

                      Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

                      "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

                        We will use Sahrani? or other maps like Razani too?

                        because if the CAA1 is only for Sahrani and Avgani, I don't need to download it.

                        Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

                          For some bizarre and inexplicable reason, CAA1 apparently breaks the use of the ACE2 tracer magazines for various weapons.

                          So, until I submit new versions, all the light machinegunners in the WAC missions will be completely and utterly useless. Yay!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

                            Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
                            We will use Sahrani? or other maps like Razani too?

                            because if the CAA1 is only for Sahrani and Avgani, I don't need to download it.
                            I would recommend downloading CAA1 *wink wink*

                            [unit][squadl][command2]

                            KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: This week's Yoma Update 1/18/10

                              Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                              I would recommend downloading CAA1 *wink wink*
                              I cant afford 1Gb for something that I wont use.

                              Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X