A call for more people to learn to use the javelin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A call for more people to learn to use the javelin

Like the subject says, I think it would be a good idea for regular players to load into a game or create a simple mission and learn to use the javelin.

The steps are pretty simple.

1. Aim.
    2. Hold down right mouse for five seconds.
    3. Press spacebar to see if locked.
    4. Fire.

The last few games I commanded, we could have had quite a bit of luck if we had a decent javelin force. Even one person who could use it would have turned the tables.

Please feel free to add to this thread.

Semper TG
    Last edited by Dimitrius; 01-20-2010, 09:50 AM.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: A call for more people to learn to use the javelin

Done.
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Originally posted by fireship4 View Post
      Done.
      /salute

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

It's a little bit different now with Mando Missiles which i think was adopted this monday

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8xm0vh22-M[/media]

This should using the Javelin a bit more interesting for some people.. i know i liked it more with this change :p
        Spartan 10

Comment

Seeing that happen in game is so rewarding.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I found mando wouldnt allways get a direct hit even with the lock being placed directly on the tank. It was as if the lock was looking through the tank. This was the version before the monday TG one though so maybe its gone.
            Also i think a bigger problem with that is bubbleing under the surface of this thread is people slotting into slots and not knowing how to do the job specific task. Medics who dont know what does what or dont have their ace key setup, grenadiers who dont know how to change iron sight range, AT4 users who dont know how to change the range. Mortar gunners who dont know how to use targt arty etc etc.

Im all one for teaching on the fly but yesterday one chappy was asking how to use the arty. At the time i was inside a domination main target trying to call cas everywhere with a laser designator and explain over TS how to use arty targeting and the radio backpack. Needless to say i wasnt much help to the lad as we were being over run (there was 6 boots on the ground....well 11 if you count 2 per person and i had lost one of mine) and trying to teach at the same time. More TGU classes id say!

Willing to help out with TGU classes by the way just get onto me admins.
            Nihility

Comment

Willing to Command TG classes.....though that means I won't be the teacher. =)

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                Willing to Command TG classes.....though that means I won't be the teacher. =)
                No one "commands" during a TGU course. It is run by the instructors.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yeah basically TGU classes that are run by dredge involve being hit with a stick until you get it right.

Ive broken so many ribs that way :)

But seriously dredge is there a list of upcoming TGU classes somewhere? I know ye are running an IFV class soon but theres no date up yet, is there? If ye are looking for OPFOR guys to shoot near blufor IFV's and miss with RPG's hit me up, other wise ill just have to join in and get my ribs broken again :p
                  Nihility

Comment

Great, i finally learn how to use the Javelin, five minutes later I log on and they've added the new one to Domi. My timing is impeccable.
                    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                      Ive broken so many ribs that way
                      Well if you had got it right the first time the beatings would have stopped :D. There is not an official course date list yet, but i am planning about 2 courses ahead right now. The next course will be an armoured course. it will use the Brads and the tanks, because both prinicpals are the same as far as how they operate and how to shoot with them. Keep your ear...um..eyes...to the forums im sure you will see a sign up just randomly appear one day

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                        No one "commands" during a TGU course. It is run by the instructors.
                        It was a poor attempt at humor Dredge. lol.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Can someone tell me about how the new Mando system works?

Flakt said:

1. You have to download something client side for it to work
                          2. It must be added as a module on the mission

That being said, what happens if its enabled on the server and you don't have these elusive client-side files? Where can I get said files? Is the mando system an optional way of using the javelin or is it going to replace the current half-assed system (I hope the latter)?

Comment

Well if you had got it right the first time the beatings would have stopped
                            Notice that dredge begins the beatings BEFORE the first mistake is made. Planning ahead as allways XD
                            Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                              Can someone tell me about how the new Mando system works?

Flakt said:

1. You have to download something client side for it to work
                              2. It must be added as a module on the mission

That being said, what happens if its enabled on the server and you don't have these elusive client-side files? Where can I get said files? Is the mando system an optional way of using the javelin or is it going to replace the current half-assed system (I hope the latter)?
                              Its in the latest TG yoma update :p

Double post for the win!!!!
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse