A way to avoid the error when not using CAA1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to avoid the error when not using CAA1

Currently if we dont use CAA1 when connecting to Bravo for example (launching with AddonSync) we get an error as the CAA1 maps are still in the @tgmaps folder. The game still runs but it would be best not to have the error. So I propose once Yoma is up, put the CAA1 maps inside the CAA1 folder, not the @tgmaps one.
    Last edited by fireship4; 01-22-2010, 04:17 AM.
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Re: A way to avoid the error when not using CAA1

No-one? I have a couple more suggestions: separate @CAA1 and @OAC folders (and I still support the idea of having avgani etc. in @CAA1, though it may not be a problem now if we intend to have CAA1 in Alpha and Bravo.

It might be a problem for some people as it would mean rearranging the stuff in your folder. But now might be a good time to do it, before the new server is up (congrats on that by the way, very cool). Also, if It would also mean a less long winded initialisation line for your Arma 2 shortcut - ie:

"@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;@tgmaps;@CAA1; @OAC;"

Instead of the current:

"@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;@tgmaps;x\caa1 \arma_objects;x\caa1\arma_objectscti;x\caa1\arma_p lantsclassic;x\oac\oac_core;"

Lastly I have a couple of notes for the autoconfig link for the new servers (whether it is a permanent link I do not know):

# Have the link named "Tactical Gamer Alpha" instead of "Tactical Gamer ACE2" (as the IP traditionally points to Alpha and you generally have to create your own favorite in Yoma for Bravo).

# Have it include the correct game server IP and port address, *THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT* as currently every time you check for addons it resets you to the old ones.

# Have it include the Teamspeak IP etc. if possible (but of course not the player name etc.).
    Last edited by fireship4; 01-23-2010, 09:07 AM.
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse