Windage adjustment for sniping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windage adjustment for sniping?

I practiced in editor to guess range with mildots scope, and to adjust sights elevation with different rifles and got quite good results for begining. But I don't know at all how to use windage thing...

Could some experienced Arma 2 ACE sniper explain how to use windage adjustment? Or give some link to information about that? (Information that works for ACE)

Re: Windage adjustment for sniping?

The windadge adjustment is used for adjusting the sight based off of crosswinds. Basically you need a Kestrel wind meter to tell you how hard and fast the wind is blowing and in what direction. Using this information you can then adjust the windadge settings. As far as how much to move based off of wind its more of a trial and error, but I would say for every 10mph in wind use either .5 to 1.0 mildot. That being said most missions dont have too much wind to contend with but its still usefull to know.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

The range cards included with ACE give a mil correction for 4 m/s crosswind at a given range. It'll take some math on your part to correct for variation in wind speed, and whether or not that wind speed is above or below 4 m/s.

Comment

I really dont trust those range cards though. Are they accurate?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Unless they messed them from earlier versions, yes they are very accurate and they are individualized for every sniper rifle. We found out how accurate they were during that sniper competition (well for me the training for it as I couldn't make it to the competition). So yeah the range cards definitely work. What doesn't work I've found is the markers on the PSO scope on the Dragunov SVD and VSS Vintorez sniper rifles. But that's very hard to get right so I don't blame ACE2 devs for that.
          "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Comment

I wish I could under take more sniping roles, I enjoy it so throughly. After reading all the avaliable information on sniping and range finding in ACE2 my first clip thereafter donated itself to some very nice long range kills, 1000m +. Very fun time making simple missions in the editor with spotter and sniper roles playable. Call to mission designers! Please! More sniper roles!
            Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

I've got something coming up the pipeline... gimme a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                I've got something coming up the pipeline... gimme a week.

Sweeeeeet! =D
                Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Originally posted by Miles Teg View Post
                  U What doesn't work I've found is the markers on the PSO scope on the Dragunov SVD and VSS Vintorez sniper rifles.
                  Tst tst, you just need to learn to use them.

For 5.45x39 weapons the PSOs' marks are more or less accurately at 150, 300 and 600 meters. The SVD uses its scopes bdc knobs until 1000 meters, after which the tick marks come to play as 1000, 1100, 1300 and 1400 meters. KSVKs chevrons are for 500, 700, 900 and 1100 meters. The VSS chevrons are at 100, 200 and 300 meters.

All the rangefinders on said scopes are also accurate, so not much room to improve is there? :)

Comment

I'm going to have a fun time trying this out. Really fun to have a somewhat decent marksmanship simulation at my fingertips!
                    Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X