Aussie Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Life

If you ever played Sahrani Life or Chernarus Life mods for Arma/Arma2, there is a new variation of these called Aussie Life. I played it some this week, and it can be pretty fun. The current version is set on Isla Dula and is divided into two countries, Australia and New Zealand.

If you've never played it before players are either cops or civilians. You can earn money (through both legal and illegal means) and buy stuff (cars, factories, guns, food, etc.) It usually boils down to cops vs. robbers, but cops have to abid by certain rules (non-lethal force in most cases, for instance.) Fun criminal activities include robbing banks, running drugs and even illegal whaling.

A US server running it was just opened up (just filter for 'aussie life' and you should see all the servers). You will need to download a rather large add-on, and there are only Australian mirrors at this point.

http://gsa.bur.st/aussielife/e107_pl...iewforum.php?5

Re: Aussie Life

Not something we will ever be using here at TG, but thanks for the info.

Comment

Might give this a try.
      Sounds funny. I tried cherarnus life but i failed as my comp cant run it with a decent FPS......seeing as AL is client side it mightn fail....fail...FAIL I TELLZ YA!
      Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
        Not something we will ever be using here at TG, but thanks for the info.
        Of course not. I was just posting it for people who might be interested.

Comment

I just downloaded. Let me know in TS if anyone wants to play tonight.
          The Don Abides...

Comment

I never played Aussie life, it is rather popular, the only interest I saw in Chernarus life (its 'dead' cousin), was setting up a VCP as a cop with about 2 or 3 guys, and running it in a strict military style.
            Especially along main roads with lots of traffic, it could be really fun.

Comment

Sounds cool i might try it!
              Kitteh sez....

Comment

It's the most fun when you are playing as a team with other people. For instance, when your playing as civies A common tactic is for one person to do a diversion (say, rob a bank) while someone else brings in drugs to the sell point.

And playing as cops is pretty much all about teamwork.

Comment

i just love how its australia and new zealand =p looks like a pretty fun game, i might give it a try when i get some time!
                  sigpic
                  excuse my poor english, im australian

Comment

me and proto were playin it and he showed me the ropes. its a pretty hefty download but its easily launched with yoma. If anyone wants to play message me
                    If you wanna find me off TG
                    Xbox live- fusionpo0
                    Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
                    Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

I must say this though, don't become addicted. It is surprising how many communities have been broken by this mission in the Australian ArmA2 community.
                      People play it over regular missions, dropping out of regular play almost completely.
                      Then maybe a month later, have nothing to come back to, and are bored of it all.

Just letting you know from experience and observation.

Comment

Just downloaded this last night. Ill give it a whirl today. Might replace the 4 person domi us euro's have to put up with till ye lazy yanks get outta bed.....or come home from work :p
                        Nihility

Comment

Fusionpoo and I will probably play some tomorrow around 5 or so EST. We built a little cash nest egg and a gyrocopter tonight, that, assuming the server doesn't restart before then (a possibility), we plan to use to fuel mayhem. We are playing on the US Sigma server. Feel free to show up if you like (we are playing civilians).

Rommel is right, it can be addicting, and as the mod is set up now it's a big time sink, and all your work can be wiped away any time the server is reset. So don't grind away for hours by yourself, it's not really worth it.

Comment

Had a blast playing last night. Protobob and I were able to pull off a few capers before "The Man" Fusionpoo had to oppress us! It's not our fault we had to turn to a life of crime, it's Society's fault man!
                            The Don Abides...

Comment

Im having conflict errors between this and something in my arma2/addons folder :(
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X