Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m2 slams, claymores, tripwire flares etc...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m2 slams, claymores, tripwire flares etc...

Hi guys. I found out how these work.

M2 slams are to be used for side or bottom attacks.
    1. throw it on the ground (it's directional)
    2. then LOOK AT IT WITH YOUR OPTICS of rifle (point at it)
    3. select bottom or side attack
    4. take safety off
    5. it also lets you sight it in (for side attack) when finished sighting it in, press escape

It won't be set off by humans so don't worry. They are magnetic for bottom attacks, so the target may roll over it and make it down the road a bit before it detonates.

The bottom attack is devastating even on strykers (they will only have 1 second or 2 to make it out alive)

Side attacks are very inaffective, even on light trucks so you might want to put 4 or 5 in a row to take out the target.

M18 claymores
    1.throw it on the ground (in the direction you want it to blast)
    2.LOOK AT IT WITH YOUR OPTICS, then take the "clacker" off
    3.you can trip wire it by setting the desired length of wire by pulling the wire out
    4 then, when you set the length, it gives you 5 seconds to run away
    5 or you can touch it off from a distance.

These are especially good for road side attacks on light armored vehicles with tires
    The ocupants will most likely die
    Set the wire accross the road (it's invisible to the eye)
    You can actually here the ball bearings being blasted out when it detonates and hits the target.

Tripflares work the same way. Throw it on the ground, look at it with rifle optics and set the wire. It lets out a silent stream of dark smoke.
    Last edited by joey; 01-24-2010, 06:50 AM.

Re: m2 slams, claymores, tripwire flares etc...

Hoe does the M4 SLAM work then?

| |

Comment

I don't know about M4's. Havn't seen them in the game, but maybe they are found somewhere.

Comment

A few corrections:

-side attack ordnance needs to be sighted upwards as well as towards the kill-zone to inflict maximum lethality.

-never, ever unclacker a claymore until you're ready to remote-detonate it. "Clacker off" means that you're removing the safety for remote det., but since this can be done at a distance it's not necessary to do until you're ready to fire.

-tripwires have a very low chance of actually detonating against vehicle traffic -- not only does the vehicle need to be slow enough, but units need to be closer to the ground to afford a kill. It's never a good idea to waste a claymore trying to take out a truck or UAZ -- that's why we have the M2.

-tripflares also release a lightshow (as the name would imply) after dark. During the daytime, they're effectively worthless, and the dark smoke you're talking about is actually the flare burning.

-the M4 SLAM isn't implemented in ACE2, yet.

Comment

I wonder if I'm experiencing some kind of bug with the claymores and M2 SLAM, because I tested them by driving a civilian pickup truck and in both cases I survived and the truck didn't even lose a tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
            http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Class_Lis...CE2#Explosives

| |

Comment

It's spawnable, sure, but it doesn't work.

Comment

There are a few entries in the ace class lists which don't actually work yet. The medical items are the best example, only 3 out of the 7(?) work right now.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                  A few corrections:

-side attack ordnance needs to be sighted upwards as well as towards the kill-zone to inflict maximum lethality.

-never, ever unclacker a claymore until you're ready to remote-detonate it. "Clacker off" means that you're removing the safety for remote det., but since this can be done at a distance it's not necessary to do until you're ready to fire.

-tripwires have a very low chance of actually detonating against vehicle traffic -- not only does the vehicle need to be slow enough, but units need to be closer to the ground to afford a kill. It's never a good idea to waste a claymore trying to take out a truck or UAZ -- that's why we have the M2.

-tripflares also release a lightshow (as the name would imply) after dark. During the daytime, they're effectively worthless, and the dark smoke you're talking about is actually the flare burning.

Thanks for the corrections

Comment

M4 Slams are in and spawnable via class name, but are non functional. (same model as m2, similar weight, but inactive.)
                    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Good post! Always love the informational stuff!
                      Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Yeah, it's nice to have an explanation on how the M2 is supposed to work.
                        Since we are talking about the new explosives, here's how to use the M86 PDM.
                        PDM stands for Pursuit Denial Munition, as in you use it to stop people for following you or to access certain areas. Unlike the Claymore:
                        1) you throw it like a grenade
                        2) it automatically deploys tripwires around it (do NOT throw it at your feet or get close to one)
                        3) it has the same area of effect and damage value as a normal grenade

The advantages of this weapon over a claymore are that it's much less visible and has a 360 area of effect. On the other hand once thrown you cannot disarm it and the AoE means that it can be a threat to friendly units and a properly set up claymore has a longer "reach" than this.

Another addition is the M84 flashbang: it is very effective against AIs, and a near hit will force anyone in a "blinded and confused" animation. The problems with this grenade is the very short fuze (1-1.5 seconds) and that sometimes the effect can be felt through walls (potentially affecting everyone in the area, not only the intended target). Flashbangs are also a good grenade to use to practice Precision Throwing through windows and doors since there is no risk of dieing because of it and as such doesn't force a player to respawn/restart. ;)

Last but not least is the Pomz 2 mine, what can be compared to a russian mix between the claymore and the M86: it has the same AoE of a grenade but is triggered by a short tripwire (<5m) that has to be placed like the tripwire on a claymore. As with the M86 you cannot sight in, but like the claymore it is visible on the ground.
                        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

i hope they make a mine that can be detonated by hummve's and stuff
                          <17:33:30> "siR_miLLs": i will come back for you...
                          <17:33:35>"|TG| NoDebate": go
                          <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
                          <17:33:36> "|TG| NoDebate" was banned for 3000 seconds from the server by Tactical Gamer - TeamSpeak 3.0 (Anti-Spam measure, you are able to reconnect in 00:01:26)
                          <17:33:36> "|TG-Ω|HeadShot": ROFL!

Comment

Originally posted by H3AD-SH0T View Post
                            i hope they make a mine that can be detonated by hummve's and stuff
                            Don't they already?
                            |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                            Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                            And yet the menace of the years
                            Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

no u need ither a Ural/MTVR or armored cars or inf dont set them off wich is anoying
                              <17:33:30> "siR_miLLs": i will come back for you...
                              <17:33:35>"|TG| NoDebate": go
                              <17:33:36> "|TG| NoDebate" was banned for 3000 seconds from the server by Tactical Gamer - TeamSpeak 3.0 (Anti-Spam measure, you are able to reconnect in 00:01:26)
                              <17:33:36> "|TG-Ω|HeadShot": ROFL!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X