Just screwing around

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just screwing around

Thought I would share this video after I screwed around in the editor. I'll probably release some screen shots of the base shortly after I figure out whats up with my Photobucket account. Hopefully a kind mission maker would PM me because he would like to adopt some props into his mission? :)

Anyone else got mad flying skillzzzzz?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZV-2KROnNY[/media]
    Also Known As; ENDER

Re: Just screwing around

Originally posted by The Diminisher View Post
    Anyone else got mad flying skillzzzzz?
    While I can usually fly a Littlebird inside an empty hangar, I have yet to try doing it so with so many things in the way. And if I tried, it would probably end in a nice fireball. :D
    So no, I don't think I have "mad flying skillzzzzz"... yet. :p
    Still very nice flying you did there; it reminded me of a couple of ArmA1 videos I watched done with the LB. One of them done by forum user Dslyecxi. :p

Also, that base looked very cool, what with some of the hangars adapted as briefing rooms, and all the AIs walking around. It would be pretty sweet to have a few mission start from there ;)
    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Reminds me of when id be bored playing project reality waiting for pickups and begin landing the helicopter in un usual places on the carrier. Its all fun and games untill the commander sees you!
      Nihility

Comment

I usually leave flying to other people. Nobody is comfortable with people who fly using mouse and keyboard, and no TrackIR =P - Then again my flying isn't really that good anyways.

That base does look pretty cool though. I've seen hangars turned into briefing rooms in missions before but that looks a lot more elaborate from what I could tell.

Here's two vids I made, but more silly than awesome =p
        ArmA 1
        ArmA 2

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
          Reminds me of when id be bored playing project reality waiting for pickups and begin landing the helicopter in un usual places on the carrier. Its all fun and games untill the commander sees you!
          Dont make me get the stick again!

Nice video btw

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
            I usually leave flying to other people. Nobody is comfortable with people who fly using mouse and keyboard, and no TrackIR =P - Then again my flying isn't really that good anyways.
            Don't give up! Even though I have a joystick, I usually stick to mouse&keyboard when I need some precision flying. Oh, and I fly with NO track IR. :p The only thing you need to do is practice and get the hang of it: adversarial modes (Warfare in particular) are great to learn to fly fast, low and precisely while under fire ;)

Also, powerlines, the bane of any helicopter pilot: NEVER try to fly under them, or you WILL die, since the hit detection on those things is spotty at best, as you showed in your videos. :D
            sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              Dont make me get the stick again!

Nice video btw
              Please no!! I have a family, take them!!

Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post
                Don't give up! Etc. etc. etc.-
                Haha. I have a joystick as well, I just never use it because I've been flying with Keyboard+mouse since Operation Flashpoint =) I don't really have any problems with flying. It's like driving on a highway, sort of. The part that gets me is flying in combat, which would be more akin to some sort of osbtacle course =p

My friends could never get the hang of flying and such, which surprised me. o_o
                Originally posted by Merula View Post
                Also, powerlines, the bane of any helicopter pilot: NEVER try to fly under them, or you WILL die, since the hit detection on those things is spotty at best, as you showed in your videos. :D
                That reminds me of one time in particular where I was flying transport in ArmA 1 evolution (the one that came before domination, and before I found TG) and was able to fly under the power lines neart that one town I forget its name of. But people were scared as hell. I wasn't lucky the next time though, as I didn't see them until too late =p

Maybe I just fly too low to the ground in general? You usually have to look up to see the squirrels in the trees =)

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                  Please no!! I have a family, take them!!

nice one arcto i kinda like making fun of bush if it doesnt sound evil.....
                  To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

That photo is to emphasize the paranoia felt by all of us when dredge is around with his beatin stick. (<< Damn that just sounds wrong)
                    Nihility

Comment

For those that dont know, or havent seen it...this is the beating stick soupy is talking about.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Ender if you use a joystick, do you have any advice on sensitivity settings inside Arma 2 for optimal flying?
                        "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                        So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                        tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                        tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                        tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                        tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Originally posted by fireship4 View Post
                          Ender if you use a joystick, do you have any advice on sensitivity settings inside Arma 2 for optimal flying?
                          what kind of joystick do you use? Some have a little bit more resistance than others so you have to balance it out with the in game settings. I found that with my saitek X52 i have the sensitivity a little under 50%

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I use a Satiek Cyborg, with sensitivity as high as it can go. Reason being I want the helicopter to move as soon as I move my joystick. My joystick also has two separate sliders for throttle, which really helps in altitude control. Others whom have two probably know what I'm talking about.

Edit: I wish I knew how to get AI to sit down, I wanted a group of AI soldiers sitting down as if they were listening to a briefing from an officer. Anyone direct me to a place where I can learn how to do that?

Also, if you look closely, as I'm flying into the hangar, that gated area off in the back is an armory. I'll post up a pic:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ican/Base8.jpg
                            Last edited by The Diminisher; 01-25-2010, 07:47 PM. Reason: Another thought;
                            Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

X52 aswell - but I had it on nearly 1/3 sensitivity. Im trying just under 50% like Dredge and it looks promising, but would welcome any more advice you guys have.

100% sensitivity?! Do you use rudder pedals instead of joystick twist?
                              "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                              So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                              tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                              tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                              tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                              tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X