British SAS released for ACE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British SAS released for ACE

British SAS was released for ACE, looks nice so far.
    More informations here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9031.

Re: British SAS released for ACE

Oh yeah! Finally some good looking desert and forest camo. And with bonnie hats to booth! :p
    I don't know if TG is going to include them, but they look far superior to those unbalanced PLA units, so I'm gonna download it anyway. :D

Edit: I checked some of the units out and 1)they look cool, 2) they have "appropriate" loadouts (as in, it makes sense given the role) and 3)AI units spawn with no ammo. Oh well, guess you can't win them all. :D
    It's probably still possible to manually add ammo in the AIs inventory in the mission creation phase and they can pick and use ammo from the player/boxes/bodies/boxes anyway.
    Last edited by Merula; 02-03-2010, 11:31 AM.
    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

all we need is some really good british/ace compatible weapons! and this would be perfect!

could recreate some of the missions they did during the first gulf war maybe....

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
        all we need is some really good british/ace compatible weapons! and this would be perfect!

could recreate some of the missions they did during the first gulf war maybe....
        I think they already spawn with loadout, not sure through. I didn't test it yet.

Comment

We could recreate some of the CURRENT missions they collaborate on with USSF's too.......

There are many examples out there, such as this sort of thing.......

Battle of Qala-i-Jangi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ixoOxg_Xk4

Info is muddled, but video is sweet.....
          Last edited by Jeepo; 02-03-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

If this is going to be included in a mod pack I sure hope something gets taken out. My SSD is only so big you know.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

very nice indeed. the SAS would add a fantastic dimension to SF/ Regular Infanty/ Armor combined arms missions
              =Supporting Member=
              If you think your up for the task joining the Irrgs, hit the recruitment thread

Comment

It's 115MB, which is not a problem for me personally, but as an SSD owner I can understand the concern (small SDD, big games).

On the flip side, we have tons of UK players here, and if anything should have a place in the TG modpack I think these units should have a high priority.

Comment

If it's included with ACE, sure. If it's a stand-alone mod, I don't want to do a repeat of last time.

Comment

If it gets added to ACE then YAY!! if not then BOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                      British SAS was released for ACE, looks nice so far.
                      More informations here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9031.
                      *dribbles* psst we need these in ACE
                      To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        If it's included with ACE, sure. If it's a stand-alone mod, I don't want to do a repeat of last time.
                        I dunno, either way it would take up the same amount of space right? Since everything is inside of the @TG folder now you wouldn't even notice the difference.

Comment

Frankly, the models look cool and there are ACE and non-ACE variants: ACE models do not have visible backpacks, have proper inventory slots and I think have proper stamina values, unlike other official ACE models.
                          Simply put these models look far better than some of those that we get with ACE, and have proper loadouts (sure, american-made equipment, but then again SAS are known for using Colt-like assault carbines and Belgian FN/German HK guns (FN Minimi (m249 for the US) and HK Mp5s) for the class/role and the fact that they are supposed to be SF and not regular infantry ;)
                          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

the SAS can use whatever gun they feel like. Mainly they choose their weapons for the job at hand.

Comment

Extra models are great and all but i feel the community should concentrate on more missions rather than content that really only adds a small bit of eye candy.
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X