Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

353rd, 1stJTOC, 303rd. I would like your help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 353rd, 1stJTOC, 303rd. I would like your help.

On respected advice from TYRSPAWN, I have decided to cut down my mission size to around 20-30 men. Along with that decision, I also came to the conclusion that I wanted to command experienced soldiers. Nothing makes a game worse, in my opinion, when organization and tactics are exchanged for chaos and inexperience.

So, I am taking the temperature of the more experienced clans out there. It would be arrogant to assume my request would be more important or interesting than your own scheduled events or training exercises. So to get straight to the point, what would 353rd, JTOC, and 303rd think about helping me out with a mission or missions in the near future? We can run well known or brand new missions, I want the command experience. My brief encounters with your squads has shown me how dedicated you all are to proper gameplay. I know for a fact that if all got together, it would be memorable and fun. Your tactics and strategies are the kind of precision I am yearning to direct.

What do you think. Will you join me? If not, I understand.

Semper TG.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: 353rd, 1stJTOC, 303rd. I would like your help.

Dimitrius,

I would be happy to let you take a swing at commanding a 1stJTOC unit. I hope that no one here looks at your post as rude or disrespectful towards the players but I am sure it will.
    The one thing you will NEED to understand when commanding us IHS members is that micro managing will get you into some trouble. Like you said, each of us works tactics and ideas
    and each member comes into a IHS understanding them as well and learns to slow things down and be able to in the whole situation. What each of us will be providing you is the ability
    to command a mission but not need to worry about what each unit is doing. You will need to worry about data transfer and a commanders situational awareness. Less time will be spent
    worry about what the unit is doing towards point A or B. You will need to be able to take in what each unit leader is telling you and progress forward with that information.
    Taking warning and I am not trying to be rude, but you will find stiff resistance if you try to play commander and squad leader during a mission. Perhaps with this idea of yours, you
    can become a better commander and learn to trust your SL's and let them do their job because I don't see a problem with the players on the server, you just gotta let go of the reins
    and let the SL's command their squad and just feed you data.

I am sure the other members will tell you the same.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

That is exactly what I am seeking Viper. I wouldn't disprespect any of your outstanding squads with micromanagement. I would merely assign objectives and observe the results, among other non-invasive responsibilities.

I want to make this clear, this is in no way an insinuation that I have a tenth of the experience or capability that the commanders or leaders of each respctive ihs has, it is merely a request for assistance and possibly a good time.

I enjoyed my experience with your squads and would like a chance to organize your outstanding skills.

Please do not get me wrong

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I agree with my borther in the 1st assesment. Tell me where to go and what my objective is, let me worry about how me and my boys do it and get there. But as viper also said, the 353rd standing by for orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
          Along with that decision, I also came to the conclusion that I wanted to command experienced soldiers. Nothing makes a game worse, in my opinion, when organization and tactics are exchanged for chaos and inexperience.
          Wow what a way to make us non IHS people sound bad.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

To quote your sig, "I'm a very skilled deep hole."
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Pwnd :D

To anyone that may be offended by what dimitrius said, hes probably trying to organise this so he can gain more experience thus enabling him to lead a larger and non IHS based event.
              Nihility

Comment

I think is talking more about pubs than the regulars on the server adept

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  I think is talking more about pubs than the regulars on the server adept
                  Also IHS members are supposed to be "skilled at the game" and specialize in certain roles and/or mission types.
                  As such IHS member should be better prepared, skilled and coordinated than non-IHS members and pubbies. In theory, at least. :D
                  sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Perhaps this should have been discussed in PM's so as not to insult or offend any non ihs players who are so inclined. Both threads have the feel of of an arrogant military academy officer strutting his stuff in front of the peons and I know that feeling from personal experience. I will play in your missions but dont try talking down to me because I dont have the tactical know how. That aint going to happen.Just play on the 353rd private server if us unexperienced slovenly players don't have what you need.

Comment

I don't think he is trying to insult people I think he just want to do a trial run with smaller groups who are already organized. I understand he kinda worded it wierd but I believe that to be his intent.

Comment

Dimitrus, just come onto the servers on a friday night when there are 25-40+ people on, wait for the current game to finish then slot in as commander for the next mission. There are many non-IHS members which are the most exemplary players we have, at least in my opinion. I don't want to namedrop, but if I wanted to comprise a "dream team" of squad leaders, asset crewmen and pilots it would not be exclusively or even mostly comprised of IHS members.

I agree with chief, you don't want to alienate the non-affiliated players, and you will ALWAYS have to deal with the troublemaker players. The mark of a good commander is putting these people in a position where they will flourish or at least minimize the chaos you are referring to. It's easy to throw out the people who are slow to respond to coms or might act defiantly, but it requires skillful administration skills to use them to the team's advantage.

I think a great "litmus test" for commanding larger scale is Fall of Saigon - because it requires fairly little micromanagement but still involves the CO's attention. Protvino Bridge and Hell's Highway are good defense litmus tests. Operation Gambit is interesting for testing MOUT skills. WACs/F16 missions in general are the best for honing/testing command skills because they often include few powerful "game winning" assets, the enemy must be destroyed with superior use of tactics and the application of principles of maneuver by fire. These missions really test a commander's ability to work in a small-unit environment and work closely with squad leaders.

And blackmain/mkoll's idea is great, just start a thread with a "sign up" for an event. Pick a mission, explain the circumstances and ask for people to sign up.

Comment

Dimitrius you could try to start an event like how the 353rd does those crazy Saturday events. Those sign up events are always more organized and people get their serious face on.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Thread Locked.

While I can see the intent behind this, it is being rapidly twisted into a "them and us" agenda, which I will not tolerate. Continue this in PM's if you want, but if people can't be sensible and civil this is what happens.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X