Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mando Missile GBU designating

Hi all,

I've been messing around with the GBU camera in the ACE training grounds.
    Whatever I tried I couldn't get the bomb's on target.
    Tried 'LOC', 'REM' and with the XMT on. Nothing seems to get the bombs on target.

So my question is, has anyone figured out how to use the GBU's yet?

Edit: I'm aware that locking and dropping from cockpit view still works but I'm curious how to use the camera.

Alex

Re: Mando Missile GBU designating

The trick i found was to lock on the target with the cam wait until your Aircraft is ALMOST ABOVE THE TARGET then release the bomb. using this method, you can easily hit a target with a max of 15m deviation

hope this helps

Comment

He dropped bombs from behind.
      I dont like the current mando system for the GBU's. It sucks :(
      Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
        He dropped bombs from behind.
        I dont like the current mando system for the GBU's. It sucks :(
        It does suck but i guess while used correctly like *Cough* me *Cough* it woks..... i think

Comment

Trying to designate a target while flying and dropping is not easy, and it shouldn't be. It's better to have ground assets painting targets for you.

As mentioned, wait until you are almost directly over the target with the arrows on either side of the screen are almost touching when you drop, and to get a lock the vehicle must be in the exact center of the crosshairs before you left click. Also, don't forget the mousewheel to zoom in/out.

Comment

I've been able to designate and hit a target ahead of my aircraft before. However, I'll need to play around with it more to find out what the "perfect conditions" are in terms of altitude, speed, and distance to target.

| |

Comment

The LGB system was apparently bugged somewhat in previous builds, and is listed as having been corrected in the most recent release. If you've been having issues with dropping previously, try out the latest build and see what results you get. In the current one, I don't have any trouble with dropping them from reasonable distances etc. In the prior build, it seemed to be very unpredictable unless dropped when almost directly over the impact site.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's, I'll go try out your suggestions.

Alex

Comment

Sorry, a little off topic but still kinda in the same, Mando Missles, when i select Anything from the Mando missle Load out and get in a aircraft the camera never shows up! it only appears when i dont select the custom load out like for the A10 And i dont understand why if i could get some quick help that'll be great, once again this means i get no LGB camera or ATG missle Camera after custom loadout but when the loadout is already made w/o customizing it it appears and yes i wait long enough for the missles to get loaded in,.

Comment

There's no reason to double-post this issue, especially in a thread that's been dead for almost a week. Think, padawan, so that you may learn.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X