TS notifier - TS overlay system for TS3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS notifier - TS overlay system for TS3

works in the same way as TSO did with TS2.
    apparently still in beta but i can confirm that it works in arma with TS3.

http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/

the install menu is in german but its fairly straight forward and not hard to do.
    for it to operate you gotta download the ts helper plugin (provided on the download page), install the helper plug in by dropping it into the TS3 plugins folder, then install the ts notifier program, run TS3 and go to setting, choose plugins and activate ts helper, run ts notifier program and run arma... confusion as to who is speaking is now over =p
    sigpic
    excuse my poor english, im australian

Re: TS notifier - TS overlay system for TS3

YESSSSS!
    TSO, even though it was a legacy software (and a beta at that) worked perfectly with TS2: being able to see who was talking, from which channel AND having an FPS counter and a clock made it so useful when playing ArmA2 in following proper comms pocedures, making it easier to pinpoint FPS drops (even the minor ones) and was overall awesome.

So I'm glad there are people still developing stuff like this (and free to booth! :D )
    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

the game has to be 32bit, no 64bit support right now
      If this means that it won't run on my 64 bit operating system I will be an unhappy camper, and be rather... angered.

EDIT: ... it doesn't seem to be working. I knew it was too good to be true.
      Last edited by OzyTheSage; 02-16-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

i guess thats the no 64 bit support for you =p sucks man
        sigpic
        excuse my poor english, im australian

Comment

damn me and my computer being awesome and needing a 64 bit OS to handle the awesome that it is. Same thing with ts overlay on ts2. Fate has decided to never let me know who's talking
          If you wanna find me off TG
          Xbox live- fusionpo0
          Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
          Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

Excellent find! I was so close to buying VoipOverlay... man what would I have felt stupid.
            Also, it works perfectly fine on my 64 Bit Win7. Make sure you use the correct DLL (the 64Bit Edition) that comes in the zip-file.

Only thing that I find a little annoying is that when you select "Show channel" it always gets displayed, not only when somebody is speaking in that channel, but meh, whatever.
            Greets, Steffen

Comment

Originally posted by eViLsTieFel View Post
              Excellent find! I was so close to buying VoipOverlay... man what would I have felt stupid.
              Also, it works perfectly fine on my 64 Bit Win7. Make sure you use the correct DLL (the 64Bit Edition) that comes in the zip-file.

Only thing that I find a little annoying is that when you select "Show channel" it always gets displayed, not only when somebody is speaking in that channel, but meh, whatever.
              Give us step by step instructions, because you must have done something differently than me...

Comment

2 screens ftw?

Comment

Okay here goes:

download both the TSNotifier and the TS Helper Plugin Package. Install TSNotifier as you normally would.

In the TS3HelperPlugins.zip there are two files,

TS3NotifierHelper_Win32.dll
                  TS3NotifierHelper_Win64.dll

Depending on your operating system, either copy the 32Bit Version or the 64Bit Version to C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\
                  Before starting the TSNotifier now, you have to open your TeamSpeak Client. Now, go to Settings -> Plugins. You will only have to do this once, but here, you must check the box next to TSNotifier Helper Plugin.
                  Restart your TeamSpeak Client and then start TSNotifier. It should now be open and running in the background. Now, if you start Arma2, overlay should be available and be displayed. Change the display position of the overlay to suit your personal preference.

Done!

Edit: this depends on what version of the TeamSpeak Client you installed, too! So if you are running a 64Bit OS, you should install the proper client aswell. Options are available on the TeamSpeak page.

Also, wether the overlay works on a 64Bit OS only has to do something with the game you run. If the game is a native 64Bit piece of software, then it is not supposed to work.
                  I myself know little to no games at all that run as native 64Bit... or at least you always get the choice to chose!
                  Last edited by eViLsTieFel; 02-18-2010, 05:10 PM. Reason: Clarification
                  Greets, Steffen

Comment

Alright, that's exactly what I did in the first place... it got me frustrated...

Then I tried something... I ran the game without Steam overlay and it works... so I guess I'll be creating another shortcut now.

Thanks for the help anyways =o

Comment

Yes different overlays trying to access the same functions might interfere with each other. The author claimes that there might be problems when running the programm together with Fraps, xfire and the likes.
                      Glad it works for you now tho!
                      Greets, Steffen

Comment

This is great! Now we just need a proper channel commander.
                        When deeds speak, words are nothing.
                        Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Comment

Or instead of using all these hacky addon programs, why don't we just use VoIP software that does what we want in the first place?

Comment

We've looked at mumble in the past, and it is supported by Project Reality here at TG, but we've found that the system that we currently have is working well enough to suit our needs. Teamspeak 3 is following an ongoing development process which might or might not see the aforementioned features added in the future. Please be patient whilst the TS3 developers iron out all the bugs and add features.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I tried this out with the new Arma2 TS3 plugin and it works nicely.

Unfortunately, you will also get notified about people speaking who you can not actually hear (due to the distance or a broadcast frequency which you are not listening to). Has anyone tried to hack the TS notify plugin a bit or knows someone doing it in such a way that only people are shown in the notification whose volume is above a certain level? (I guess this is how the Arma2 plugin works, it just sets the volume of people you can't hear to 0, as you still see them light up in TS3.)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X