Playing other servers with ACE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing other servers with ACE

Here we go...I want to play multiple servers that use ace but also have their own mods. Ace is not updated the same on every server thus producing a mod folder dilemma,.. is there any solution for this besides partitioning a drive or renaming ACE mod folders every time I want to play on a different server?

Thanks ahead of time,
    Splint
    Dead men don't talk or lead.

Re: Playing other servers with ACE

Splint,

What you describe is actually quite easy! Since Tactical Gamer stores all of the mod files inside a directory labeled @TG, you can simply create a new subdirectory (say, arma\otherServer) where all of the necessary files go for whatever other server(s) you want to play on. The catch? You'll have to do the drag-and-drop yourself if these other servers don't update through Yoma.

If you're lucky, they've been using YIS too, which means all you have to do is change the "download to..." option when you're comparing mod values to a server to a subdirectory, and avoid overwriting any of the files you want to keep separate for TG. If you need further advice, catch me on Teamspeak sometime or shoot me a PM, and I'll help you out.

Comment

Another easy solution (that I use) when updating through Yoma is simply using "Kelly's Heroes" server (which should be one of those included with Yoma) to keep my ACE up-to-date, also thanks to the fact that our admins decided to combine all mods currently in use (ACE included) in a single folder.
      That way, when you play on TG you use the @TG command line, while when you want to play on other servers you can use the usual @ACE;@ACE_SM and so forth. ;)
      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Heres the auto config url for Kelly's: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/...mA2ACE-Repo.7z

Copy and paste that and it should give you all the server information/ autoconfig section and it should give you all the info needed for downloading.
        |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
        Looms but the Horror of the shade,
        And yet the menace of the years
        Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

Originally posted by CFoxtrot View Post
          Heres the auto config url for Kelly's: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/...mA2ACE-Repo.7z

Copy and paste that and it should give you all the server information/ autoconfig section and it should give you all the info needed for downloading.
          Thanks CFoxtrot.
          There is one important thing I forgot to add: Kelly's Heroes utilises a more up-to-date ACE_clientside_config file, as such you will have to copy/paste/edit it every time you switch from TG to other servers, otherwise things like the Goggles system might not work properly (and if you are a Machinegunner, that's going to hurt :p ).
          sigpic

Comment

im going to fix the userconfigs later on today.

completely forgot to do it when i did the update on monday

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
              im going to fix the userconfigs later on today.

completely forgot to do it when i did the update on monday
              Thanks Browna, the new clientside_config includes a new feature: "DRAMATIC CAMERA MOVEMENT" when you exit a vehicle :D

Still, every time KH updates their ACE, it will still be necessary to copy/paste/edit the file to avoid having any conflict with the userconfig in the TG and the regular ACE folder (having an outdated clientside_config file).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post
                Thanks Browna, the new clientside_config includes a new feature: "DRAMATIC CAMERA MOVEMENT" when you exit a vehicle :D
                Courtesy of Dslyecxi. I've got a feeling it might be what's causing people to randomly get ejected from vehicles when changing seats, though. I can't see why it would do that looking at that code, but it's started happening since we got the ACE version with that in it.

edit: VVV I stand corrected. I had never seen it happen frequently before and there seemed to be a lot more people falling from choppers recently. I guess it was just a coincidence.
                Last edited by cctoide; 02-16-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

It's been like that since OFP 1.0.

It's a fact of the engine, if you attempt to change seats while the vehicle is moving, there is a chance you will fall out.

Comment

For the record, the camera movement on exit is designed for situational awareness, not sh*ts & giggles.

Comment

user configs updated btw

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                        user configs updated btw
                        Mine didn't have to be updated. Am I just special or did I do something wrong(right)? It seemed to work correctly in SP editor.
                        |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                        Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                        And yet the menace of the years
                        Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

i dunno, new files were put into this file structre in the @TG folder

userconfig>ace>files

so everyone should have a new download

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...