Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

    This map is roughly based on the areas of The Wardak Province, Chak and Saydabad Districts, Shekhabad Village, Kharnai Village, and the Tangi Valley.

    Screens are here:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eddeeub...7622964666976/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eddeeub...7622696408407/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eddeeub...7622680080377/



    Info and download: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8921

    I haven't test it yet, but looks promising. Still unfinished through.

  • #2
    Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

    looks great gonna download it now
    To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n






    I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

    Mute since the universe began

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

      Looks good, but I still think Razani looks better. It might be because this is in its early versions, but it just looks like a bigger Afghan Village - kinda ArmA 1 quality... though Razani is an A1 map too, it just looks better. Could also be that the shots were taken with low settings.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

        The quality might be due to the fact that it utilises ArmA1 resources: CAA1 is required to run it, after all.
        sigpic

        Now with 200% more content!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

          Good looking map....still has the problem of needing missions though.

          Wheres boondock? I have to berate him about Quesh kibrul again :D
          Nihility

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

            Originally posted by Merula View Post
            The quality might be due to the fact that it utilises ArmA1 resources: CAA1 is required to run it, after all.
            Edit: I know TG probably will not include Op. Arrowhead when it comes out (possibly until an ACE version comes out), but at least it will give map makers some new stuff (buildings and the likes) so that we might not have to use CAA1 and OAC to get our "Genericsandylandstan warfare" fix for long :p

            Edit2: Accidentaly pressed the "Reply With Quote" button rather than the "Edit Post". I'm sooo computer-savvy it hurts :D
            sigpic

            Now with 200% more content!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

              Just gave it a spin there. Its a giant map compared to the current desert ones but very very very very very very bland. Theres little hideing places except in the town/veggie areas.
              It needs caves and things.....wheres mikee? :)
              Nihility

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

                Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                It needs caves and things.....wheres mikee? :)
                Slightly OOT: when are we going to play his Fallout Tactics map again? I've never played it and I want to see those caves everyone is talking about :D

                IT: Razani has been abandoned but is more detailed while Shekhabad is more bland but is being developed. So, if we want to include either map, which one do we choose?
                sigpic

                Now with 200% more content!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

                  Originally posted by Merula View Post
                  IT: Razani has been abandoned but is more detailed while Shekhabad is more bland but is being developed. So, if we want to include either map, which one do we choose?
                  Well, as I said above, Razani looks better to me, but to be honest I'm basing that opinion on the four screenshots on its Armaholic page. It's not "done" done, rather the creator went "well, ArmA 2 doesn't work on my computer, so rather than try and fix it I'm going to sit here and wait for BI to do it" and hasn't continued working on it. The problem is that it uses Queen's Gambit stuff (if you remove it, according to the creator, you lose a rock and a significant amount of bushes). I'm not sure if QG stuff is in the part of CAA1 that we're not currently using it, but at any rate it should be possible for someone with reasonable experience in mapmaking to go in and replace those QG assets - though, obviously, you'd need permission from the creator.

                  I still think it's awesome just for shots like this and this. It's like Aiaktalik, but without the Martian terrain and wannabe karst topography.

                  Also, the admins said back during the modfolder consolidation, on a "no promises" basis, that we might be getting Razani in the future, provided they could figure out how to fix the dependency problems.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

                    just to hijack this thread on razani briefly so that this thread doesn;t go off course

                    Currently we have several islands. These islands do not have many misssions on them atm. we made a decision to not include razani as these current islands are not being utilised much yet.

                    This MIGHT change in the future and we MIGHT include razani. NO PROMISES


                    no back on topic. This islands looks interesting. will be good to watch its progress (if any) and see how it expands

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

                      Originally posted by Merula View Post
                      Slightly OOT: when are we going to play his Fallout Tactics map again? I've never played it and I want to see those caves everyone is talking about :D

                      IT: Razani has been abandoned but is more detailed while Shekhabad is more bland but is being developed. So, if we want to include either map, which one do we choose?
                      Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                      Just gave it a spin there. Its a giant map compared to the current desert ones but very very very very very very bland. Theres little hideing places except in the town/veggie areas.
                      It needs caves and things.....wheres mikee? :)
                      I'm still working on the final version of Fallout Tactics, which should be a blast when finished :). I'm considering changing name in the final version of mission, because many players thinks it's just a regular Fallout mission. Whole mission is a regular 3 team TvT in post apocalyptic world of Fallout :).

                      At this moment, there is Fallout Tactics version 0.955 or 0.956 on server and it have been there for a quite while (Afgan village map).

                      ------

                      Back to topic:

                      Island looks promising so far, lets wait and see what author will be able to do with it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

                        Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                        just to hijack this thread on razani briefly so that this thread doesn;t go off course

                        Currently we have several islands. These islands do not have many misssions on them atm. we made a decision to not include razani as these current islands are not being utilised much yet.

                        This MIGHT change in the future and we MIGHT include razani. NO PROMISES


                        no back on topic. This islands looks interesting. will be good to watch its progress (if any) and see how it expands
                        If you are referring to avgani and afghan village.. i wouldn't expect any more missions on those maps - there is only so much you can do with 3 kms of area.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

                          Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                          If you are referring to avgani and afghan village.. i wouldn't expect any more missions on those maps - there is only so much you can do with 3 kms of area.
                          Yeah there laughably small. cough kibrul cough
                          Nihility

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: First real looking Afghanistan map - Shekhabad released!

                            Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                            If you are referring to avgani and afghan village.. i wouldn't expect any more missions on those maps - there is only so much you can do with 3 kms of area.
                            Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                            Yeah there laughably small. cough kibrul cough
                            Ohh trust me, you can do variety of different missions on these maps. Look back on missions from Arma 1.


                            PS: After testing and improving things, Operation Irene v1.0, almost exact copy of Black Hawk Down movie and Battle of Mogadishu, is to be released tonight. It takes place on Avgani.

                            Comment

                            Connect

                            Collapse

                            TeamSpeak 3 Server

                            Collapse

                            Advertisement

                            Collapse

                            Twitter Feed

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X