ArmA 2 - 5040x1050 Screenshots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 2 - 5040x1050 Screenshots

I know we had a tread with some widescreen stuff in it somewhere, but the search doesn't seem to find it for me. So starting a new thread to link you to some very drool worthy pics thales100 is posting over in the SimHQ forums. His sig says he is using the Matrox TripleHead2Go and not the ATI Eyefenity.

Warning.....Warning..........
    Clicking on this link will cause you to consider blowing massive amounts of money on new monitors and hardware. You have been warned :madsmile:

Link: ArmA 2 - 5040x1050 Screenshots
    Last edited by Bamboo; 02-26-2010, 12:03 PM.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: ArmA 2 - 5040x1050 Screenshots

Oh a link............................DAMN! *grabs wallet*.............should have known

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I wanna know if that stealth bomber works or if its the WIP version thats floating around.
      Nihility

Comment

Wow, i wish i had the money to spend on such a wonderful machine to really enjoy everything that Arma can put out.

Comment

Triple head (I think it's called, something like that)

Well, I'd need to buy a new desk just to have enough room to put all the monitors on in the first place =P

And before even that I need to upgrade my computer, it has trouble running the game as-is. >_<

Comment

Working out pricing, it takes a little over 3k to build his machine (CPU/GFX/RAM/etc and his monitor setup and a few peripherals) using newegg...

I'm tempted to drag my old rig out of the dustbin, and see what I can shuffle out of it for cash, and see how far that might get me closer to building that...

(Though I don't play ArmA2, I might after getting that machine :F)

Comment

why don't you play ArmA anymore, bamboo? D:

Comment

nice...who wants to buy me this setup?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

You can create a similar setup with a software alternative to the Matrox Tripplehead2Go, by using SoftTripplehead. Works similarly, requires 3 displays and one primary rendering video card along with a similar generation nVidia card setup. The one advantage is you can run non identical displays, at different refresh rates vs what you would be locked into with the Tripplehead2Go version. There is alot more ini file editing but it can create a pretty good setup for far less money.

In my prior setup I was using a 8800gt with a 8600 as my secondary card in ArmA, In ArmA2 I was using a 295 and the 8800gt with adequate performance. I could have continued to use the 8600 card as well for offloading CUDA onto it since it was capable.

I was running (2) 20" 1600x1200(L/R) and (1) 22" 1680x1050(C). With enough editing I was able to cut out the monitor frame dead pixel areas and run the side monitors with appropriate black border to not distort the display. All in all it is a fun setup, but pretty painful performance wise.
                  The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Very nice, makes me jealous.

Comment

They are very well-made, my good sir.

Comment

Originally posted by flakt View Post
                        why don't you play ArmA anymore, bamboo? D:

I want to man, and I do miss it, but only to a point. I'm so tired of dealing with the mess that you have to go through to get the game to run I'm just burned out. And my 8800GTS is letting me down, and I just got a new 26" monitor yesterday with a much higher rez, which will mean even worse FPS than before. Last time I played I was spending most of my time in the single digit FPS even with lower settings, though Jeepo tells me a couple of recent patches will help with that problem. I think when I get a new gfx. card here soon I will be ready to jump back into the fight.

And as for building this setup, the triple head to go is way too expensive. It would be much cheaper to just get one of the new ATI gfx. cards, since they support up to 4 monitors.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X