Well im out from Tactical Gamer and ArmA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well im out from Tactical Gamer and ArmA

Yea sad really dam non-fix Yoma bugs and due to this i cant update ArmA II with TG stuff. On top of that when i tried unistalling it, it just bugged more and said i cant get onto the network also it will not let me install it again. 1.05 patch on ArmA II means i cant join any servers as im "bannned" or "kicked" as soon as i join. Due to the fact my comp dislikes me i cant do a system image restore as the auto saves havnt work and im not doing a whole system restore just for this. For some reason i think im being told to stop playing and get a life but 1 day i may and join you guys again. As im sure i'll of broken my comp within a month and than taken it back again.

Also im not looking for advise just saying.

Re: Well im out from Tactical Gamer and ArmA

I can make a torrent with all the files needed to play on TG tomorrow when they update? Is that of interest? Others who have it can also seed so it won't just be me.

EDIT: Or provide a list of all the mods included and versions to download. You don't have to use Yoma. Again this would be easier without a one folder system.

EDIT2: Actually I guess that wouldnt work as the files wouldnt be available if ACE updates during the week. Back to the torrent idea.
    Last edited by fireship4; 02-21-2010, 08:40 AM.
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Bye karnax we will all miss you :(
      To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Well instead of wishing the guy goodbye, why not help him out to find a way to fix his issues so he can still rock out with us.

What y'all think?

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Well here's the torrent if you cant wait 'till monday. I would ask that a few people seed it so it's not just me uploading. Anyone can use it to download the @TG modpack if they can't easily do it another way.

EDIT: To seed if you already have the modpack, download the torrent file, open it in your torrent program, set it's download location to your ArmA 2 folder and make sure it checks to see if you have all the files. If you have to download anything other than the torrent file in this case, then it means you either didn't have the TG modpack or you have set the download location incorretly.

http://www.filefront.com/15644935/TG....02.10.torrent
          "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
          So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
          tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
          tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
          tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
          tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Karnax - Give it another go mate. Find me on TS some day when I'm there and I'll do my best to help you. Also you could check in on TS with the ARMA 2 Admin team. The ARMA 2 Admin team does a bang up job with requests just like this. I've jumped into the ARMA 2 Admin channel on TS a number of times asking for help figuring out ARMA and its various configurations. I've always been met with willing and friendly assistance.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
              Karnax - Give it another go mate. Find me on TS some day when I'm there and I'll do my best to help you. Also you could check in on TS with the ARMA 2 Admin team. The ARMA 2 Admin team does a bang up job with requests just like this. I've jumped into the ARMA 2 Admin channel on TS a number of times asking for help figuring out ARMA and its various configurations. I've always been met with willing and friendly assistance.
              Agreed, I have done this numerous times and they were more than willing to help me out.

Comment

HeHe sadly....for you i fixed Yomatools so all i have to do now is fix my internet (Fail) and download the 2GB file (Bigger Fail)
                I feel like a idiot as i tried everything but the thing that worked was downloading the early YomaTool beta..... and i can load it now simple but took 3 months to work it hopefully ill see you all in game.. and Dredge tell them the light, well its staying on now.

Comment

Damn good to hear!!!!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Nice to hear you got sorted it out. Myself, I feel that I am about to quit ArmA and TG but for a different reason.

Playing ArmA with TG was, until now, what I call "somewhat realistic but fun". Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to play more than a few weeks. Now, as I am about to come back, things changed.

"Somewhat realistic but fun" seems to change to "realistic but work". Please don't get me wrong, this is only me. I am not critizing the Community or the way it wants to play ArmA.
                    It seems that I just can't keep up. Until now, my english was good enough to get the briefings down, to follow orders and even on 2 or 3 occasions, to lead a fireteam. Now, with the new Radio Procedures using TS3, things seem to get way over my head.
                    I will try to take part in one of zedics Communications Courses to get all the new stuff into my head.
                    At this very moment, I feel completely lost. I also fear that I would probably ruin the game for others who are used to the new Radio Procedures if I join a Game in Progress and talk to the wrong people the wrong way.
                    I never thought that only gaming could feel like taking an exam. ;)

So, it's no ARMA on TG for me at the Moment until I get the New SOPs down, my english up and the Procedures right.
                    The only military experience I have is getting shot at, unfortunately. I bet it helps if you've been in the Service.

Again, this is only me. I fully respect the way things are going and I am pretty sure that it's a lot of fun when everyone got used to the new Procedures. At the Moment, I just feel completely lost.

Comment

Yankee i understand what you mean. Due to the server being located on the other side of the world to me my yoma takes forever to update. Tonights update was only 75mb and ive been DL'ing it for an hour. Im in the TS3 chan listening but without something infront of me to compare it too its quiet confusing. I seriously doubt even the people in the class at the moment will be 100% efficient in the new radio SOP's by the end of the class, and rather it will take several weeks for this to become seamless with the whole community.
                      Nihility

Comment

Yankee, you will never hinder our game play. We are a community of mature adults (minus Soupy). Everyone would be more than happy to help you learn what you think you need to learn. I urge you to not leave, the best way to learn is by doing.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yankee,

All players know that although we are pushing for realistic we dont want anyone to become uncomfortable, just do the best you can and we can move forward together.

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind words. I really do not want to leave but feel more than a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

One thing is, i really don't understand the technical side of the new Teamspeak Usage. In order to utilize the new Radio, I was told to:

1. Press my short range radio broadcast key to set my Radio to "Broadcast"
                            2. Press my teamspeak PTT-Key
                            3. Say what I want to say
                            4. Release PTT-Key
                            5. Press Broadcast Keybind again to stop broadcasting

But if as soon as I press my Teamspeak PTT-Key, everybody on the same TS-Channel will hear me, regardless of in-Game Radio Frequency, so I don't see the point in pressing "Broadcast" in the first place.

But I am probably doing it wrong.

Comment

Did you install the plugin in Teamspeak 3? If not check your @TG folder, there will be a .pdf file in there with instructions.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X