This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The |TG| Tags

I've seen quite a few non-supporting members using the tags on the server and forum. Is this right?
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Re: The |TG| Tags

Wearing the tag is not a matter of being a supporting member or not. Non-supporting members have the right to sport the TG tag if they agree with and follow the TacticalGamer's SOPs and Primer.

You will see players on the servers using the |TG| tag in their name while they play. Players who become regulars to the server quickly ask: may I use the TG tag in my name?

The short answer is Yes.

Anyone who endorses and practices our playstyle and rulesets may wear the TG tag when playing on our or other servers. Bottom line: if you support TG for what it is and want to show that support, the TG tag is a good way to do it. Many players who love it here choose not to sport the tag in their playername, and that's fine, too, if that's what you prefer. The option is there for you to take or leave.

You should be advised that wearing the TG tags is a way of saying "I have read all the rules TG has for this game and agree to abide by them." On TG we're lenient to a point with new players who haven't been exposed to our admittedly strict code of behavior, but those who wear the tags are beyond needing warnings or reminders about what our rules are. Anyone breaking our server or community rules while wearing their TG tags will be penalized by TG admins in a fair and professional way. For more information please see Placeholder.

We love it when people support this community with a Supporting Membership, but it's not required to wear the TG tag. The same goes for when you play on non-TG servers. You are representing the community. If you are wearing the TG tags while on another public server, We expect you to show your TG support by holding to our rules and conduct. Even if that means tactical disadvantage.
    Code:
    source: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/index.php/TG_Tags
    TG is more than a community. Its a mentality many of us follow. Wearing the tags is a proof of such.

Hope it helped.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Lol Ninja'd :row__593:

Also, the primer is located here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...er-primer.html
      Last edited by PaintScratcher; 02-21-2010, 11:26 AM. Reason: Xmaster's just too quick. :)

Comment

hey fireship,

I believe thats actually ok (correct me if I`m wrong anyone). I used the TG tags long time before I became a SM. I think by wearing the tag you are declaring that you are a part of the TG way of gaming. Saying that I believe you should always act in such a way that you do not bring shame upon yourself and the TG name. I consider TG a state of mind...more than just a simple tag.

lol damn didnt see Xmasters post!!! But I guess I nailed it nevertheless!!!
        Last edited by Rampart_CH; 02-21-2010, 11:24 AM. Reason: mehh scrolled up and saw xmaster`s reply

sigpic

Comment

COUGHifyouhadreadtheprimer/SOP'syouwouldknowthisCOUGH
          Nihility

Comment

Shutup Arcto :)

Yes I read the SOP, and not the primer. But this is not in either, only seemingly on the wiki, which I didn't know existed. I previously told people wearing the tags that they shouldn't/probably shouldn't wear them unless they are a SM, obviously I won't any longer. Thanks for the answer, and I hope this clears it up for anyone else who didn't know.

Comment

There's a thread in Announcements about it: here. That's where I read about them.

Comment

Ok, didn't see that either. Maybe it should be added to this: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...rma2-info.html

Comment

guys do realize that by putting on the TG tag, it means that you know what playing at TG means. This means that you help people out and that you you show the community what it is to be a TG tagged member. Just remember, by putting on the tag means that you will not be shown lenience if you mess up (spam VON, shooting in main, etc) and you will be asked to take off the tag. It is an honor to wear the TG and if you have any questions about when the right time to put them on, just ask a pathfinder or any tagged member.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

The only reason I don't tag myself is because it's annoying for when people try to vote you admin or otherwise select your name. Pretty silly reason not to tag myself up, but it has more applicability than you would think.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                      The only reason I don't tag myself is because it's annoying for when people try to vote you admin or otherwise select your name. Pretty silly reason not to tag myself up, but it has more applicability than you would think.
                      yes that is a very "silly" reason. Though the tags are not mandatory, they show the new members of the community someone they can look to for guidance. maybe it is a good thing that you dont have the tags on then......

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Question...

I can use the |TG| tag with other nicknames?

Also, can I change my nick on the forum?

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
                          Question...

I can use the |TG| tag with other nicknames?

Also, can I change my nick on the forum?
                          You can use the |TG| Tags for any profiles. But by doing so you agree to always abide by the SOP's and the TG Primer no matter where you play. As far as your forum nickname you would need to drop a post in the main Contact An Admin thread on the front page of the website.

@Krause
                          It isnt that big of a problem You dont have to vote by typing the name. Just do #userlist and it will give you the player number for all the players on the server. Then all you have to do is #vote admin 23 or whatever that players number is

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                            yes that is a very "silly" reason. Though the tags are not mandatory, they show the new members of the community someone they can look to for guidance. maybe it is a good thing that you dont have the tags on then......
                            lol

Epic disrespect is epic.

re dredge:

good point.

Comment

Funny. I have been playing on the Arma TG servers on and off since 2007 (longer than I've been on this forum) and I have never worn the tags. Good times on Arma 1.... Just never really crossed my mind as to the importance of wearing them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X