Mando Missle Glitch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mando Missle Glitch?

i've been searching and cant find any information, but when i create my own custom load out for mando missle for a jet i don't get any of the cameras i'm putting LGB and AGM65 onboard but no cameras i've tried everything and cant figure it out, i wait for everything to load but nope. but when i dont customize the load out its there! for like the a10 its there then when i customise it dissapears i dont know why its happening help please (just to make sure, its on the scroll wheel if i custom load out right?)

Re: Mando Missle Glitch?

It's not a glitch -- it's a limitation of the system. You can change Mando-approved loadout by "Mano rearm"'ing from a nearby ammo truck.

Comment

As Sc[ + ]pe said. I'll also point out that EASA "breaks" MMA: you can load the weapons and use them, but you can no longer access any of the advanced MMA features (like CCIP and GBU camera).
      MMA also conflicts with the Ah1 Cobra FCR, but in a "good" way: to use the Hellfires on the Cobra you have to 1) activate the nose-mounted laser, 2) select the Hellfire normally, 3) select the targeting mode in the action menu, 4) fire, 5) hope* the Hellfire locks on the laser, 6) keep the crosshair on the target, 7) hope* that the Hellfire hits where you are aiming.

With MMA, instead, you go to the Hellfire camera, lock on the target and fire: while the helo still needs to be facing the target and the gunner still need to find any target manually, you have a few advantages: if locked on properly, the HF WILL hit the target; MMA automatically sets the Hellfire flying mode to account for possible obstacles; remote targeting is not left to chance.

Like in ACE1, in ACE2 Hellfires can be set to 4 modes: LOBL, LOAL-DIR, LOAL-LO, LOAL-HI.
      -LOBL: lock-on before launch. In this mode the hellfire will be launched only AFTER it has locked-on the laser. I believe that in ACE2 this doesn't really work (like in ACE1), and while it's the most accurate firing mode, it also can miss (very rare) and fire even if the HF seeker has not locked on the target. I believe this works by a) giving the hellfire a shallow angle of attack (like it should) and b)having the hellfire fly in the direction the camera is pointing when fired, thus increasing the likelyhood that the Hf locks successfully.

-LOAL: this mode is used IRL when you coordinate with a JTAC with a SOFLAM, need to ripple-fire Hellfires and when you want to fire behind cover and pop up a few seconds later so that you expose the helo as little as possible. The DIR, LO and HI indicate the flight-mode with DIR having the HF flying straight foward and HI having the HF climb to a very high altitude. In theory with this system the HF will automatically lock on the first laser it sees (although the Cobra laser alwyas takes priority), however I've noticed thatit has trouble actually detecting lasers and if guided by the Cobra it tends to overshoot by a lot.
      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Here is the relevent part of the ACE features list, there have been missle guidance fixes today and recently i think. Does MMA actually conflict with the ACE2 system? IE make it malfunction or become unusable? Sorry my head is hazy.

In case of AI gunner, player pilot:

1. Use Ctrl+F to switch weapon to Hellfire missiles - repeat until the vehicle radio chat prints "AGM-114 Hellfire" out
        2. Select desired target - the most reliable way is via the Target Menu (2)
        3. Wait until target is announced to the gunner
        4. Hold Ctrl and click LMB to order fire (or Fire Menu (3), Open Fire (1))

* AGM-114K (usually AH-1 Cobra)
        o laser guided, must point laser pointer at target until detonation
        o laser target can appear after launch when LOAL modes are selected

* AGM-114L (ATM AH-64D Apache Longbow only)
        o fire and forget, GPS and own radar guidance
        o target data is beign transmitted to the missile at launch by the Longbow radar
        "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
        So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
        tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
        tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
        tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
        tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Simply put, MMA overrides the ACE system. When you deal with an AH64D or with an airplane with a normal loadout it's not a problem, but when you have the Cobra, you cannot use the Designator to guide your Hellfire: you can access it in the regular guncam, and you can turn it on, but you won't be able to select the Hellfires and shoot them normally; what you can do is either paint a target for another helo/aircraft or use MMA's Hellfire Camera.

I do believe that this can be circumvented by using the EASA to change the loadout and thus overriding MMA, but I'm not sure it would work properly.
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...