22 February ACE2 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 February ACE2 update

Does anyone knows what this update added/modified?
    Other than a note about the rebalancing of PLA equip and a few problems solved on Devnet I could not find any info about what has changed.

Also the @TG folder has 3 copies each of the userconfig files: which ones do we keep? The ones in the @TG/userconfig/ ; @TG/userconfig/ace/ ; or @TG/store/userconfig/ ?
    Having 3 versions might cause some conflicts and if we have to update the files in the ArmA2/userconfig/ace/ folder we will need to use the more recent .ini files or we might have some problems in-game (like not having functioning goggles or Interact Key). Plus, it looks disorganised :D
    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Re: 22 February ACE2 update

In the last update the /store/userconfig files seemed to do the trick for me.
    No idea what was in the update.

Also a note for people saying there running out of space due to the large update: if the update is 800mb remember that your not just adding new files, your also over writing existing files plus about 340 extra files get deleted.
    Nihility

Comment

oh yes, dam i forgot about the new folder location of the userconfigs. i will get on that asap to avoid confusion.

and yes, i cant stress enough how important it is to press the delete local files button on the top to get rid of all the old files

Comment

I did a quick check and didn't find anything new, so most of the changes are probably related to the game mechanics.
        And the medical system is still as broken as ever.
        And the Abrams/Bradley sights are still impossible to see through as always. :D
        sigpic

Comment

New russian stuff:

-AK 103 and variants
          -AK 104 and variants
          -AK 105 and variants
          -AK 74M and variants
          -AS Val added
          -New grenades
          -All russian models with incorporated backpacks removed.

New blufor stuff:

-HK 416, new variant with M320 and another with a micro CCO.
          Last edited by flakt; 02-23-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flakt View Post
            AK 103, AK 104 and AK 105, aswell as AK74M and RPK74M and all their assorted variants with kobra sights, PSOs and GP30s have been added for the russians. they also get some more grenades, etc. nothing seems to have changed for the americans.
            FInally some russian equipment
            To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Yup, I forgot to check the Russian Equip. It's nice to see the AS Val back. :D
              sigpic

Comment

anyone else getting some frame rate loss since the update? trying to figure out something...

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
                  anyone else getting some frame rate loss since the update? trying to figure out something...
                  I didn't get to play much, but yes, I did witness some FPS drop where my game would run normally before.
                  sigpic

Comment

The frame rate loss may have to do with the recently added cartridges, I would try disabling the cartridges to see if that helps.
                    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                      The frame rate loss may have to do with the recently added cartridges, I would try disabling the cartridges to see if that helps.
                      I thought the cartridges were off by default in the clientside file?
                      sigpic

Comment

By default it is on I believe. Also it wasnt working before so being on didnt matter, now it does.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It still seems to work sporadically for me...I saw cartridges for a while, then they went away...came back...sigh.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                          Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

I think it automatically removes cartridges when the FPS drops below 15... or something.

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                              I think it automatically removes cartridges when the FPS drops below 15... or something.
                              Are you saying my average 15-25 FPS is a bad thing? huh? HUH!??

Yah that would make sense. I'll down my settings a bit and see if they stay consistent.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                              Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X