TOOL RELEASE: ACE Userconfig Updater V1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOOL RELEASE: ACE Userconfig Updater V1

If you were a woman i would make love to you.

EDIT: Just ran it a few times changing the name and interaction key values, works perfectly.
    Im going to suggest to the admins that this is added to the mod pack.
    Congrats on a brilliant prog.
    Nihility

Re: TOOL RELEASE: ACE Userconfig Updater V1

It changed by desktop background to a nude picture of Margret Thatcher restraining a leopard.

Wait, I did that earlier, nevermind

Comment

We'll see about rolling this in with the next ace update.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Are you sure you're not from Redmond ,Mercer Island or Bellvue? Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
          It changed by desktop background to a nude picture of Margret Thatcher restraining a leopard.

Wait, I did that earlier, nevermind

welcome back, you crazy nut.

useful tool.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
            Are you sure you're not from Redmond ,Mercer Island or Bellvue?
            Im actually from kirkland...and have done a fair amount of work for Microsoft :|

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
            Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

*********OP MOVED TO THE GETTING STARTED STICKY**********

Good work Jaynus

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Kirkland.. i'd think Costco then. Des Moines here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                  Kirkland.. i'd think Costco then
                  Nope....im in jaunita area (124th). work for a security consulting firm, IOActive(www.ioactive.com)...we are in 68th floor of columbia tower.

costco HQ is in Issaquah :P

where are you?

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                  Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Too much of my money goes to Costco, buying stuff in insanely large quantities.

Also, the original post was moved to a sticky. You can see it here.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                      Also, the original post was moved to a sticky.
                      That seems vaguely familiar......

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      *********OP MOVED TO THE GETTING STARTED STICKY**********

Good work Jaynus
                      Yes......I have quoted myself......Standby for the end of the world

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Jaynus, I might have this wrong but I'm not sure how helpful this tool is. It only seems to let you set the interact key. I've remapped pretty much every key in ace_keys.hpp and it just gets replaced with the defaults when I run your tool. If you could parse the original changes out and meld them in with the latest release then you'd have something.
                        || Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.6GHz || BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 285 OCX || Sound Blaster X-Fi || 4 Gig OCZ Reaper DDR2 || Vista 32bit (sucks) ||

Comment

Ahh your a re-mapper...i didnt know how many people re-mapped all their ace keys. I was thinking about doing a "merge" option, but i wanted to get this out asap.

For v2....would you prefer one, or both of the following:

- a menu to go through and map all your keys, by just going through and doing a "set key" type thing.
                          - just a "merge mappings" button, which merged all the previous mappings with the new verison config

EDIT: 3rd option, i could provide the mapper menu WITH all your previous mappings :)

opinions? This wouldn't be a big deal...I can code this up within about 2 hours, so I could have a new version out tonight/tomorrow for you dirt_diver

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                          Task Force Proteus

Comment

Great first release Jaynus but if you could do the 2nd "merge mappings" option ... that would be AWESOME! We have no idea what keys the ACE guys are going to add so there's no need to add the extra GUI described in your 3rd option.

Also, no need to worry about the three other small files in that userconfig/ACE directory ... they're really small and all the files in that directory should be reviewed after update anyway.

Show me the code! :)
                            || Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.6GHz || BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 285 OCX || Sound Blaster X-Fi || 4 Gig OCZ Reaper DDR2 || Vista 32bit (sucks) ||

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                              That seems vaguely familiar......

Yes......I have quoted myself......Standby for the end of the world
                              You didn't link to it though. So you can standby for the end of the world as long as you want; it's not comin' :D

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X