Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embassy Mission early morning 28/02/10 CET

HI Guys,

just wanted to apologize publicly for getting a bit upset at goose over command channel. Those who were at the embassy will know what this is about. Will not happen again!

Ramp out

sigpic

Re: Embassy Mission early morning 28/02/10 CET

Did it have something to do about that mass team killing satchel at the end? If so be glad I only use Push-to-Talk because I had a "few things" to say about that. Seriously, the mission was fun, well executed and then half the players get killed by a single satchel charge placed just to kill us. That was a downer (to remain polite).
    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

nah not the satchel issue was the epic UH-1 crash on embassy while hovering over it and drinking a glass of water at the same time.....LOL can actually smile about it now!! Yesterday was a different story. Note to self: Arma2 is not reall, must not take it so seriously

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rampart_CH View Post
        nah not the satchel issue was the epic UH-1 crash on embassy while hovering over it and drinking a glass of water at the same time.....LOL can actually smile about it now!! Yesterday was a different story. Note to self: Arma2 is not reall, must not take it so seriously
        Oh yeah, I remember that.
        We had trouble navigating the streets and keeping situational awareness since we were laughing so hard. I wish I could have seen it, since the FT I was in was to the south of the embassy and there were buildings blocking the view, but the rest of the squad was very eager to bring us up to speed on TS :D

Edit:
        Still, having your team annihilated by a friendly apache after it was hovering less than 15 m from the building we took position for the last 5 minutes still takes the cake in my opinion. (no, *pilotwhosenameIwontmention*, I'm never going to let you off on that incident :p )
        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

i was recording when that happened
          With death comes understanding
          with understanding comes enlightenment
          with enlightenment comes death

Comment

The power of comm failure :D
            Nihility

Comment

It was definitely hilarious..I was sitting in the sky in the AH-6 about a half kilometer away. I didn't realize it caused such a commotion.

Comment

Rampart,

I would have done the same. Anger was thoroughly deserved. That was a pretty bad constellation of circumstances (objects) coming together to share the same piece of real estate. My nick in the forums seems kind of ironic now.

Anatomy of a crash:

I'm still not entirely sure where you were in relation to me when we collided. A minute or two before the crash, I quickly stepped away from the computer (and my headphones) to grab a glass of water. I must have been off the mic for 20 secs. This was only my second time flying this map, and so when I got back I decided to get a closer at the embassy because, ironically, I predicted I'd have to land there sooner or later. I'm flying low, zoomed in to look through the smoke, boom.

Lessons learned:

1. Always check back in on the comms channel, even if only gone for a very short period.
                2. I don't play infantry well (ironic considering that's my MOS), so I always feel lost outside the cockpit. Next time the pilot slots are closed and I default to ground, I'll volunteer as JTAC to manage and deconflict the airspace. I just realized how useful that would be in certain missions.

My first helicopter crash ever on TG, and I played quite a few times before leaving for Astan last August. At least I made it one to remember!

Goose

Comment

The problem was that Goose was not cleared to fly and decided to fly anyway. A lesson you should learn is to never fly into the air until you are cleared to do so by flight lead or command. Soupy (flight lead) clearly called out the order of flight and you were not included. The airspace was not conflicted, you conflicted it.

P.S. if anyone knows who did the satchel TKing plz report it to the admins.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                    The problem was that Goose was not cleared to fly and decided to fly anyway. A lesson you should learn is to never fly into the air until you are cleared to do so by flight lead or command. Soupy (flight lead) clearly called out the order of flight and you were not included. The airspace was not conflicted, you conflicted it.
                    Actually, that's not quite accurate. I checked in when I first logged in and was assigned a CS and role. I don't randomly steal helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by BadDay View Post
                      Actually, that's not quite accurate. I checked in when I first logged in and was assigned a CS and role. I don't randomly steal helicopters.
                      Yeah goose i grabbed you after the mission to tell you to forget about it and that its just a game. I called out the order of flight, you missed it due to AFK. You should have told me (flight lead) you were going AFK but at the end of the day its just a game. And it was quiet funny afterwards :p

We learn from our mistakes. EG: Tonight i cut the ropes on my BH on the event mission and wounded some of Chalk 1, what did i learn? Just because theres no one left in my chopper doesnt mean theyve cleared the ropes :)
                      Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X