Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 Communications Course [Mon-Thurs @ 1500EST & 2000EST]

Ladies and Gentleman,

With the advent of this new Team Speak and ARMA2 Radio integration I know that there will be many issues be it personally, technically, and tactically. I would not like to see this system dismissed so quickly and would rather put my full foot forward in ensuring that we give it a fighting chance.

That being said, throughtout this week I will be running a Communications Course to try to mitigate the massive frustration that will no doubt be caused by this program. I'm not going to lie to you, this course will not be easy however I will do my best to ensure that you learn as much as possible and are in a productive learning environment throughout. I hope to see many of you to attend, espeacially those wanting to be Fireteam Leaders, Squad Leaders, Mission Commanders, Pilots, and, my favorite Forward Air Controller/Forward Observation Officers. Let's have a good show. -Zedic

DATES: 1 MAR 2010- 4 MAR 2010
    TIMINGS: 1500 EST and 2000 EST
    COURSE RUN TIME: 120-160 MINUTES (10 MINUTE BREAKS AFTER EACH HOUR)

PREREQUISITES: READ UPDATED RADIO PROCEDURE GUIDE AND COPY "REPORTS AND RETURNS PARAS".

RADIO PROCEDURE GUIDE: http://www.mediafire.com/?emwotjdekz4
    This file is viewable in Microsoft Word or other Word processors.

EXAMPLE:
    PARA A: INITIATE TRAFFIC WITH RECEIVING CALLSIGN
    PARA B: SEND GRID OF POSITION AND DISPLACEMENT
    PARA C: SEND GRID OF INTENDED DESTINATION

**NOTE** This guide was written by me. It is not taken from Military Manuals but is instead a Military Adaptation of Radio Procedure I have created for your benefit. It may look intimidating and lengthy but believe me when I tell you it is not. It is well worth the read and the information provided will be invaluable throughout your online gaming experiences. I have also updated it to include an understanding of the new Radio System adopted.

COURSE LAYOUT/ITINERARY:

1. INSTALLATION AND SET UP OF NEW RADIO PROGRAM; [20 min]
    2. BRIEF REVIEW OF RADIO PROCEDURE GUIDE; [10min]
    3. COURSE INTRODUCTION AND INTRODUCTION TO THE COMMUNICATIONS SOFTWARE; [10 min]
    4. DISCUSS INITIATION/RECEIVING TRAFFIC AND ENDING; [20 min]
    5. PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF RADIO PROCEDURE; [90min] and
    6. COURSE CRITIQUE. [10 min]

There is no need for a Sign Up, however upon completion of the course feel free to post remarks within this thread for positive or negative feedback.

Pro Patria

Re: Arma 2 Communications Course [Mon-Thurs @ 1500EST & 2000EST]

i had a feeling it would be you that would end up running something like this.
    hats off zedic, you truly do take wonderful initiative, i look forward to attempting to bend my schedule to try and make it one of these!
    sigpic
    excuse my poor english, im australian

Comment

Just letting you know, you saved the file in .odt, you need .doc for Word :)

Comment

Also, the admin team will be on standby to assist anyone that needs help as far as installation and setup of the new radios.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

if it wasnt for the bad timing I would be very interested in this, I just cant make it during the week.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Fair play lad. Should be here for tonights one (!15:00 EST).
            Nihility

Comment

dont worry adept, there will be plenty of people around when your next avaiulable to give you a run down of the new radio system

Comment

So this means that for the eurozone it will be 20.00 like in the U.K and 21.00 for Germany and The Netherlands .
                If it would take 120-160 min that would mean 10.00-11.00 .
                So i'll pass on this one because I live in The Netherlands and I have a Day time Job.

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                  dont worry adept, there will be plenty of people around when your next avaiulable to give you a run down of the new radio system
                  I will be assisting (haha, like he needs it, more like watching him talk repeatedly) Zedic with the courses.

Just want to let everyone know you are welcome to poke me on ts or via PM at any time for help/questions/whatever with this as well.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                  Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

There should be a TGU class coming up this weekend (date and time TBD) for basic infantry incorporating this mod and will most likely be euro friendly in time. More information forthcoming.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
                      I will be assisting
                      And here I was considering attending.

Comment

ODT is the smart gent's choice.

http://openoffice.org

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                          And here I was considering attending.
                          Love you too - you cuddly, funny looking freak, you.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                          Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

OpenOffice is EVIL and made me sad.
                            Good thing I can uninstall it easily :)
                            sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed