TG Modpack Torrent 01.03.10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Modpack Torrent 01.03.10

Here is the new TG Modpack torrent: http://www.filefront.com/15715943/TG....03.10.torrent

It is for those who have problems with addonsync. Seeding to help others will be essential for this to be functional but read the notes below first.

It is identical to the AddonSync link except:

# 5 incorrect keys removed.
    # Zedic's Radio Procedure guide included (outside the @TG folder) in ".doc" format.
    # TG Torrent readme (again outside the @TG folder).

These notes from the previous release will be useful:

NOTE If you point the torrent at your arma2 folder (i.e. you already have the files and don't want to make a copy of them to seed (upload) from, or just dont want to have to bother moving it from download location to your ArmA2 folder) you do so at your own risk. If I've made any mistakes it will overwrite your files in there with them and it will also download my readme to your ArmA2 folder (though that shouldn't cause a problem). I advise you download it to a folder called "TG Torrent" or similar. Saying that, I checked it with my own ArmA2 directory and its identical (except for the readme) so it should be ok.

I had a little extra work to do to remove some old files etc. left in by accident by TG, which are detailed in the readme. File size is 3.75GB.

In answer to your post Chief, I used to use Vuze too (Azureus) and it was great, but it got very slow for me due to all the extra UI stuff or something. I now use uTorrent.

Basically what you need to do (if you already have the modpack) is download the .torrent file and open it with Vuze. Make sure it doesn't start downloading. Then you need to right click (im guessing here) on it and tell it where the files are on your system - normally the button says "set download location" or similar. You should set this as a backup folder you create, for example "TG Torrent 22.02.10" that contains a copy of your @TG folder. Or if you want (see my "NOTE" at the top), you can set it as your ArmA2 folder (yes the ArmA2 folder, not the @TG folder) I think, and then confirm it. Make sure to press "recheck files" or whatever, and you should see the progress go up to nearly 100% (not 100% as I put in my own readme). Then tell it to start. It will donwload the readme (unless you select that particular file and tell it not to) and upload the rest).
    Last edited by fireship4; 03-01-2010, 03:48 PM.
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Re: TG Modpack Torrent 01.03.10

servers downloading to seed now...

EDIT: fireship, if I gave you ftp/sftp access to a box, would it be faster for you to direct upload to a box for me that I could then propagate to the other boxes from? right now, to seed it takes like half the week for me since i have to torrent it down.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Well my upload is approx 70kB (500kb) per second, but I do loose connection every so often if my wireless thing decides it doesn't like me. Thing is if you are playing on the servers, you already have the files needed. Just make a copy of your @TG folder, put it in another folder called "TG Torrent" or whatever. Then when you download the .torrent file and open it with your torrent program, point it at that. Then press recheck and you should have 99% of the stuff already.

If you don't have the files then sure I can try the other thing, but I can't promise it'll work due to dropping connection. Thanks by the way, so far no-one is seeding but me!

Comment

Nope that works perfectly; I didn't know you mirrored the structure that much in the torrent. With that being the case, I can just keep an active version of the yoma update on the server.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
        Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Yes it is almost identical to the TG modpack, I noted the differences in the OP. You can in fact point the torrent at your Arma2 folder, though this is not necessarily advisable as anything that goes wrong could possibly mess up your install.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse