This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think twice about getting angry at someone

Yesterday during the late training session on how to use the new radio system, someone stumbled into the teamspeak channel and began asking questions. He didn't seem to know what was going on.

He was greeted mainly by "shutup"s and "get out of the channel"s.

Now i'm not saying anything other than cut people some slack. Yes they should have known better, yes I understand your frustration. But if that person was new, they might not be coming back. And I certainly wouldn't want to be treated like that.

Thoughts?
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Re: Think twice about getting angry at someone

I wasn't there, but I agree... haven't we learned our lesson? I still remember what happened with Slim, and this sounds quite familiar with that. In the time it takes to tell someone to shut up and leave you could tell then what you're really doing and what's going on, and where they should be... was hostility really necessary?

Again, I wasn't there, but still, people should know better...

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...er-primer.html
      Originally posted by Tactical Gamer Primer
      2) Create an environment where there was mutual respect for your fellow gamers and where all members would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
      Please address any and all issues to the admins through CAA or on Teamspeak when something like this happens. While I may not have been there yesterday, I sincerely hope that the aforementioned person got the help he needed afterward. As we all are first and foremost TG members and generally good people, we have a responsibility to the community to make sure that things like this do not happen.

I don't really think anything else needs to be said, but I will leave the thread open as long as the discussion remains civil.

| |

Comment

I'm surprised that guy stuck around in the channel because it must have been nuts with about 30 people chatting at once. For all the 'GO AWAY SHUT UP' that was sent towards him, it took me about a minute to get him on ts3 chat, tell him what was up and help him find the thread so he could drop by at a later session, and all at no loss to myself because it was someone else's turn to be speaking anyway. Granted it was pretty annoying to have a guy on TS going 'HAY GUZERS WHATS GOIN ON HERE' but telling him to go away isn't the right way to handle it. People respond much better if you take 2 secs to give them a hand.

Comment

Here is your only warning from me:

If I see or hear something like this happen, you will be on a nice long vacation from our servers.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Well I'm not seeking retribution or anything, just noting that maybe it wasn't the right course of action.
            "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
            So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
            tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
            tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
            tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
            tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

What Dredge said goes for me too.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by fireship4 View Post
                Yesterday during the late training session on how to use the new radio system, someone stumbled into the teamspeak channel and began asking questions. He didn't seem to know what was going on.

He was greeted mainly by "shutup"s and "get out of the channel"s.

Now i'm not saying anything other than cut people some slack. Yes they should have known better, yes I understand your frustration. But if that person was new, they might not be coming back. And I certainly wouldn't want to be treated like that.

Thoughts?
                Negative - these sort of interlopers should not be treated nicely but strictly (note: I did not say disrespectfully or cruelly). They are disrupting what is clearly a seminar. The individual you are citing did so repeatedly. The channel should have been locked, but even if it wasn't, it was extremely obvious that we were doing something and the individual failed to use discretion. Even if it was not obvious, he was told multiple times that we were doing something and that he should join alpha channel. He persisted to disrupt our CLASS.

What if you go to the cinema and some idiot is screaming during the movie? They get removed by security or get rebuffed by the crowd. What about if you go to class in a uni and the professor is giving a lecture? Someone walks in late and starts demanding an update on everything that is going on. Same exact scenario.

The individuals who were assertive with the interlopers were not being disrespectful, the interlopers were.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                  What if you go to the cinema and some idiot is screaming during the movie?

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                  Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                    Here is your only warning from me:

If I see or hear something like this happen, you will be on a nice long vacation from our servers.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!
                    Damnit dredge, gtfo of the channel!!!
                    Nihility

Comment

|TG-353rd| Arcto failed to connect to the server reason: you have been kicked or banned from this server.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                        |TG-353rd| Arcto failed to connect to the server reason: you have been kicked or banned from this server.
                        Ill fail you good!!!!! :p
                        Nihility

Comment

Right then. We'll stop while we're ahead :)

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X