Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys

Whats up?

I just reinstalled ArmaII after a few months away. Im all set to go with ACE2 and the @TG pack installed through "AddonSync". Ive already played a nice round last night in Alpha server.

But I have a couple of basic questions.....

1) I still didnt figure out how to use the new TS plugin ingame properly. I have the TS plugin already activated in plugins just like the manual said. I can tune in the channel my squad leader say....But Im having a hard time trying to understand the basic of this communication system ingame. I mean, once Im tuned in the proper channel is it all good and I can chat normally with my TS bind key?

2) How can I tell which soldiers are from my squad? Cause once the soldiers start running around on the main base before Oscar-Mike, I take some time trying to find my squad mates around.

Im pretty sure Ill come up with more question the more I play. Sorry for my english and Im a HUGE fan of Tactical Gamer's servers and style of gameplay.

Thanks.

Re: Hi guys

1.) Yes and No. Once you are on the right channel you have to start broadcasting on either short range or long range radio what ever one you are using (user action 1 or 2). Once you do that its the normal TS push to talk. Just make sure you turn it off when you are done sending your message. So you start broadcasting then press and hold TS PTT and talk away. Then you stop broadcasting. As simple as rocket surgery! :D

2.) Best bet, double tap escape. Doing this will put a diamond over your Squad Leader. Chances are wherever he is the squad is too. :D

If you have any other question please feel free to PM me or find me in TS or post them up.

Welcome Back!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      1.) Yes and No. Once you are on the right channel you have to start broadcasting on either short range or long range radio what ever one you are using (user action 1 or 2). Once you do that its the normal TS push to talk. Just make sure you turn it off when you are done sending your message. So you start broadcasting then press and hold TS PTT and talk away. Then you stop broadcasting. As simple as rocket surgery! :D

2.) Best bet, double tap escape. Doing this will put a diamond over your Squad Leader. Chances are wherever he is the squad is too. :D

If you have any other question please feel free to PM me or find me in TS or post them up.

Welcome Back!
      Thanks for your fast answer Dredge.

1) Its pretty unusual you gotta admit lol The default key to broadcast is "S" the same to move back. Am I missing something here?
      So I have to hit the broadcast key, then push my TS bind key and talk, then hit the broadcast key to stop it? It'll take 3 hit keys to speak, right?
      What if I keep broadcasting nonstop?

2) Wasnt aware of this feature. Gotta check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRio View Post
        Thanks for your fast answer Dredge.

1) Its pretty unusual you gotta admit lol The default key to broadcast is "S" the same to move back.
        Go into your keybinds in the options menu and find the User Defined keybinds (bottom of the list) - remap thhe first three to either t,y,u or NUM1, NUM2, NUM3.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

You need to reset your key binds for your radio. Its under Options>Controls>Custom Controls. You need to redefine user actions 1,2 and 3.

1 starts and stops Long Range
          2 starts and stops Short Range
          3 changes direct modes between whisper/normal/yell.

If you keep broadcasting no one will be able to talk. Even if you arent holding down your TS key its still considered a "hot mic" by the addon. If you ever think you are still broadcastin look up at the top right of the screen it will tell you if you are.

EDIT: ACOG is a ninja

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

One thing to remember is that most of the time you wont be using the radio ingame unless you are in a leadership role. If you are a grunt like me you use the ptt ts button and the whisper/normal/yell button 90% of the time.

I'm too slow to be a ninja.

Comment

A few other things. The :start broadcast" thing is something that happens in ArmA2, but is read by TS (follow me so far? XD). This means that even though you're "broadcasting" in ArmA2 doesn't mean people will hear you. You need to actually use TS to talk through it. After you're done you need to triple check to make sure you have actually stopped the broadcast within ArmA2, otherwise you'll still be broadcasting and won't receive any messages.

The new radio feature also works with "direct chat" and uses TS3's new 3d-positional audio... thingy to make somebody speaking off to the left sound like they were off to the left. Furthermore you can switch between talking, yelling, or whisper when you want to send a radio message while enemies are close. This makes the In-game direct chat and VON obsolete, so you shouldn't even need to have a key bound to it (unless as a backup for in case the plugin crashes, etc..)

Ahem, that probably was useless info, but I figured I had to mention it. Anyways, another thing to note is that if you have no need to hear any radio comms (long range while being transported inside a vehicle for example, or short range while the squad will be close proximity and the radio is used for SL chatter) then you can use the action menu to open the "set frequency" window thingy. Then simple click "on/off" and the little green light will turn red, and everything will be nice and quiet =) However, if your squad leader is 'yelling' through the radio you will still hear it as if he's yelling over direct.

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                A few other things. The :start broadcast" thing is something that happens in ArmA2, but is read by TS (follow me so far? XD). This means that even though you're "broadcasting" in ArmA2 doesn't mean people will hear you. You need to actually use TS to talk through it. After you're done you need to triple check to make sure you have actually stopped the broadcast within ArmA2, otherwise you'll still be broadcasting and won't receive any messages.

The new radio feature also works with "direct chat" and uses TS3's new 3d-positional audio... thingy to make somebody speaking off to the left sound like they were off to the left. Furthermore you can switch between talking, yelling, or whisper when you want to send a radio message while enemies are close. This makes the In-game direct chat and VON obsolete, so you shouldn't even need to have a key bound to it (unless as a backup for in case the plugin crashes, etc..)

Ahem, that probably was useless info, but I figured I had to mention it. Anyways, another thing to note is that if you have no need to hear any radio comms (long range while being transported inside a vehicle for example, or short range while the squad will be close proximity and the radio is used for SL chatter) then you can use the action menu to open the "set frequency" window thingy. Then simple click "on/off" and the little green light will turn red, and everything will be nice and quiet =) However, if your squad leader is 'yelling' through the radio you will still hear it as if he's yelling over direct.
                No useless info here buddy! Thanks for your time.

So...Lets pretend that my whole squad but myself and another soldier has been slaughtered...We wont be able to talk with the rest of our team because we dont have radios (we are only privates), there are no vehicles around for the long radio. We are totally cut off, and can only talk to each other through direct chat, just like in real life. Is that the case with this new ingame communication system?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRio View Post
                  So...Lets pretend that my whole squad but myself and another soldier has been slaughtered...We wont be able to talk with the rest of our team because we dont have radios (we are only privates), there are no vehicles around for the long radio. We are totally cut off, and can only talk to each other through direct chat, just like in real life. Is that the case with this new ingame communication system?
                  This is true... however if you don't already have a radio you could probably grab the radio off of your squad leader, just like in reality... or a radio from an enemy soldier perhaps...

EDIT: Should probably mention this. In your inventory at the bottom if you have the "radio" object you can use short range radio. The long range radio requires certain vehicles or radios like the PRC-119 SINCGARS which are worn like a rucksack. (BTW, nobody uses the PRC-119 and instead grab the PRC-77 which weighs twice as much... that always confused me)

EDIT 2: If you are near somebody with a map and you don't have one you can select "check unit's map" which is useful in WAC missions, but most other missions give you a map. Similarly, if you don't have a radio then you can go to someone who does, look at them, and use theirs. This is useful if you want to squad leader to just have a regular radio and have a dedicated radio man. Then is the Sl has to talk with command he just goes to the radio man and messages using his radio. It's a pretty cool system.
                  Last edited by OzyTheSage; 03-04-2010, 11:48 PM.

Comment

just a quick hello and welcome back from little old me!! Hope to see you on the server this weekend!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                      EDIT: Should probably mention this. In your inventory at the bottom if you have the "radio" object you can use short range radio. The long range radio requires certain vehicles or radios like the PRC-119 SINCGARS which are worn like a rucksack. (BTW, nobody uses the PRC-119 and instead grab the PRC-77 which weighs twice as much... that always confused me)
                      That's because the PRC-119 doesn't have that cute little antenna sticking out of it.
                      *at the radio training course, everyone grabs a LR radio*
                      Me: *turning around* "Wait. Am I the only one that took the PRC-119?"
                      Zedic: "Yes you are"
                      :icon_lol:

Another few things you should know about the radioes, CaptRio:
                      -When you are broadcasting, an information box will pop up on the top right corner of the screen, with the message "Broadcasting..." or "Long Range broadcasting...". When you stop, the message wiil change to "Broadcasting stopped" and the box will disappear in a few seconds.
                      -In the radio menu you can save up to 5 pre-determined frequencies: just input the freq in the Frequence box and then press the Save button in one of the 5 Canals. When you want to quickly switch to a frequency, just press the Use button in the appropriate channel. You can see what frequency is memorized on the left posrtion of the Canal section.
                      -The Short and Long range menu are NOT linked to the radio BUT to the player. For example, I'm the squad leader and another player is my radioman. LR frequencies for comms are 3.250, 4.500 and 5.000, all memorized as Channel 1, 2 and 3. When I access the LR radio the first time I will have to input and save these frequencies, since for me all the channels have been set to 3.000 (the default). You only have to do this once. Hopefully in the future this will change, making the capture of enemy radioes an important aspect of TvT electronic warfare. ;)
                      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...